Lovebirds

A Bed Of Roses

Sunday came so fast. I didnt even remember what I did yesterday. But I did remember waking up with a huge bruise on my head and a slight blue black on my nose.

I walked towards the mirror to check if my bruises were still there. They were but they shrunk. Thank goodness.

I was looking forward to the picnic but I was still afraid. What if things between me and Gikwang became absolutely awkward? The thought of that even happening sent shivers down my spine.

As usual, I did my morning routine by washing up and dressing into my day clothes. I wore a striped pink and white top and paired it off with short overalls and tied my curly chocolate coloured hair into a messy side bun. I looked gorgeous, I told myself as I snapped my fingers in front of the mirror.

I admit, I can be pretty vain at times. But i couldn't help it. This vanity i got, was rubbed off on me from Gikwang.

I made my way to the kitchen to prepared homemade pasta. It was my specialty! I spent about an hour in the kitchen cooking and packing the food into mini lunchboxes. Finally, it was all prepared, so I laid the lunchboxes in the picnic basket and brought all the essential cutleries and other important picnic items.

"1:54pm" was the time my on my watch. I still had an hour.

Not wanting to be stuck at home with boredom, i decided to go to the park first. It was a fifteen minute walk from my house. I didn't mind the walk because the weather was exceptional. The sunlight kissed my skin with its warmth and the wind blew strong yet gentle winds against my hair. It was the perfect weather to just do just about anything!

As soon as i got to the park, I picked my favorite spot which was under a very tall and wide blossom tree. The shade there was sufficient and it was cool with a nice view of the park. I laid the picnic blanket on the grass and set up the food and everything else. It was perfect. As soon as i was done, i laid down and watched the lovebirds just above me, hovering together as a couple. I smiled while looking at the beautiful sight. Before i knew it, i had drifted off into slumberland.

Drops of water splashed on my face, at least that's what i think it was. I opened my eyes and saw Gikwang and Changsub laughing their butts off. I wondered what was so funny as i wiped the wet substance off my face to realize that it was bird poo.

"!!! WHAT'S SO FUNNY! SOMEONE GET ME A TISSUE!" I shouted at them. Changsub automatically took out his handkerchief and passed it to me as I wiped my face frantically. This is so gross, I thought to myself.

"Hehe.. Annyeong Hyerin! How was your nap? Did you have a birdy-ful dream?" Changsub teased. Gikwang tried composing himself as he showed Changsub something on his phone in which made the two of them laugh even more. "What is it? I wanna see!" I pleaded. Gikwang squatted beside me and showed me a picture of a sleeping me with bird faeces on my forehead. I immediately moved my hands to grab the phone away from him but I was too slow. Gikwang had kept the phone in his pocket and said, "You can't delete that photo! I am gonna keep it forever!" I face palmed myself and began comforting myself that Gikwang wouldn't spread the photo around. I trusted him.

So, instead of flaring into anger, I cheerily told them to tuck into lunch. We chattered away and in between each bite I stole quick glances at Gikwang and I swore that he did the same because we made a couple of eye contacts while doing so. 

 

I began to wonder................

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

**Sorry if this chapter is really boring. But I'll try to make it better. Plus this is my very first fanfic! ^^ I truly hope you guys enjoy reading it!