Game over.

A Bed Of Roses

The school bell rang. School was over. Oh, heck, Monday was over. But, I still needed to attend one more thing. 

I walked to the park to see a familiar figure sitting by the blossom tree. It was Gikwang. I approached him with much caution. My heart was as though it was being weighed down by a boulder. I stopped walking as I soon as I was a metre apart from him. His started to speak in a low voice, "Wae?"

"Huh?"

"Why'd you do it?"

"I was caught up in the moment, that i-"

"I said TELL ME WHY. THE TRUTH." he flared and his tone increased. He stood up and glared at me. It was a sight of him I had never seen. An angry, beastly teen. It was an emotion that I had stupidly unleashed from within him. He came closer to me and grabbed my arms. He showed no mercy and used his strength to crunch my arms.

"DO YOU LOVE ME?"

"You're squeezing too tight.. It hur-"

"ANSWER ME"

Our eyes swelled with tears. My eyes cowered in fear, his eyes showered with rage. I thought I wanted to say, yes, but my heart stopped me from saying so. And all I ended up with was a hopeless, "No."

Upon hearing my devastating words, he let go of me and fell backwards to the ground. I rubbed my arms hastily to ease the pain of the incredibly painful grab.

"So all this time...?"

"I'm sorry.. I guess we were just friends for a really long time and.. It just seemed fitting in that moment. Plus, we haven't had a companion for years. Maybe we were too eager and blinded... Also, we haven't really gotten past that 'i-like-you-you-like-me' stage as best friends. Maybe this was it?"

Gikwang sat in deep thought, perhaps trying to digest what I had said.

"But you've only actually hung out with Changsub a few times.. How'd you get feelings for him that quick?"

"I can't deny that I used to have feelings for you when we first became friends.. The feeling faded awhile later.. Maybe it just flew back for a short visit and-"

Gikwang looked at me with a poker face and I realised that I hadn't really been answering his question so I made a quick swerve in my words and continued, "Time is just a number. It doesn't really matter now, does it?"

There was a long pause before he started speaking again.

"So.. I guess we're done?" he asked.

"I guess we are.." I said in a mellow tone.

He got up and opened his arms, "Friends?" I let out a smile and cruised into his arms and nodded. "Best friends, silly." I corrected.

His hug felt so warm. So close. So..... Brotherly.

After we made up, we spent the entire day at the park, reminiscing our past mishaps and adventures. This, of course, was definitely one to remember.

After a long day, we finally went back home. I walked to my front door and jumped in fright. A strange male was curled in a ball by my porch. I slowly approached the strange person with caution and gave mighty kick.

 

Both of us let out a hefty scream, "AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!"