Cling.

A Bed Of Roses

I paced around the toilet, thinking of what I should do. If I went back to class, it would be a tad awkward sitting beside him and pretending that nothing is wrong. But if I didn't ask him, then the knot in my heart would never be untied.

The minute I stepped out of the toilet, the bells began to ring, it was lunch time. Herds of people started buzzing out from class. I stood by the toilet door waiting for the traffic of people to be gone. The number of people started decreasing and before I knew it I was alone in the hallways.

I took a step forward and I heard voices calling out my name from the sides of my ears. I turned to see Gikwang and I decided to put on a facade and smiled despite the awry feeling that was brewing inside of me. Gikwang swung his arms around my neck and chirped, "What should we have today?"

I looked up into his curved eyes which were smiling in directly into my eyes and said, "I don't know..."

I couldn't help but feel really guilty when I saw Gikwang. But why would I feel guilty unless...... 

I really did develop a tiny bit of feelings for Changsub. Maybe it was because of the time we spent together during the picnic. I got to know him better and perhaps I developed a little crush on him?

"It's just a minor crush, I'll get over it." I whispered to myself. "Huh? What did you say?" Gikwang said as he tried to fit his ears by my lips, exaggerating his motions in attempt to listen to what I have just said. With his ear closely my lips, I bit his ear.

"Ow!!" Gikwang yelled in the high pitched voice as he used his hands to rub his ear to ease the pain. "I said I want chocolate buns!" I yelled in his ear.

"Well, why didn't you tell me earlier?!" Gikwang shouted playfully as he gathered his strength and gave me a surprise piggyback ride. He spun me around the hallways and jumped a few times. It was so much fun. For the final turn, he decided to carry me and charge forward to the cafeteria, in which he did. As we ran towards the canteen, I saw a frowning Changsub sitting by the stairs listening to music from the corner of my eyes. My laughter faded as I saw that. The uneasy feeling in my heart came back.

I tapped Gikwang and requested him to put me down and get me food while I talked to Changsub. He mouthed an "O" and showed an ok sign with his fingers and pranced off to the cafeteria. Seeing him leave, I walked towards the staircase that Changsub was at.

"O-..oppa?" I approached him as I waved my hands in front of him. He instantaneously removed his earpiece and gestured me to sit. I sat beside him, maintaining my distance.

"How long?" I hesistated.

"Freshman year, I guess." He answered honestly, "I tried getting over it. I did. For a few months, the feelings came back unknowingly."

I looked down not wanting to look into his eyes for fear that I would do something irrational. Which was apparently something that I was good at.

"Changsub oppa... I-I have Gikwang oppa n-"

"I know.. You have Gikwang now. I never thought that we could be together. Just dreaming is good enough. The way I treated and behaved around you. It's understandable if you don't like me."

"I didn't say I didnt like you!" I retorted out of impulse. I looked up unknowingly and slapped myself in my heart. I shouldn't have done that.

I looked into his eyes which were small yet gentle, honest and caring. It was the type of eyes that you know you'll be happy with. With that, our eyes drew closer to each other. My brain kept telling me to quit what I was doing as I knew that would regret doing what I was going to do. Our eyes closed together and our lips drew nearer, like a slow magnet attraction. I could feel his hot breath against my chin. His breath that had the scent of cinnamon apple tea. It was alluring. Our lips were just an ant away from touching.

*CLING*

The sound of a metallic item that just hit the floor.

Both of us pulled away and swung our heads to find out that it was Gikwang.