My Hero

A Bed Of Roses

"How should I put this in the nicest way possible?" I questioned myself as I tilted my head up to make eye contact with ChangSub and quickly uttered, "No". The happy face of his quickly turned a pale shade of red.

He was embarrassed. I turned him down. In front of the whole cafeteria. I felt bad for a brief moment. He shifted his eyes from left to right thinking of what to say next then he spoke. "Then can I at least walk you home? Just once?"

"I... Uh.. You know- GIKWANG!! YOU HAVE A REALLY NICE SHIRT TODAY!" I yelled as I walked to my best friend who, thank god, happened to be there. I walked past ChangSub and gave Gikwang the "help-me-this-guy-is-creeping-me-out" look.

Gikwang pouted his lips and looked at me with the most confused expression ever. It took him 5 seconds to understand what I meant and he played along.

"Oh... OH!! YA! As usual, the handsome Lee GiKwang can always pull any look off", he said cheekily. He beamed a huge smile at me. His eyes curving into a crescent shape.

He had the most beautiful eye smile that I've ever seen. And yes, his eyes were better than the crescent moon on the clear night sky. I thought to myself without realizing that I zoned out completely.

 

I was mesmerized.

"Hyerin? You ok? Hello?" Gikwang waved his hands in front of my face. I pushed his hands away, grabbed him by the arm and dashed out the cafeteria.

Tired from running, we took a swerve to the garden and both of us fell flat on the grassy plains and laughed. I rolled to Gikwang's side lying on my stomach and I told him about ChangSub asking me out.

"HAHAHA! I KNEW YOUR STALKER WOULD DO THAT EVENTUALLY!" he clapped his hands and continued laughing. He laughed so hard till tears rolled down his cheeks.

 

Hearing the word "Stalker" just reminded me of how ChangSub loved creeping behind me with his head hanging just above my shoulders saying random gibberish. He was really nice at times but he could be exceptionally disturbing. Oh, one time, he bought this really expensive cake and chocolate for me on my birthday! It was sweet, no doubt, but he texted me every night after that. He assumed that I accepted his token of affection. Even then, Gikwang had to swoop in and confront him.

My memories got cut in as Gikwang stood up and held his hand out, "Ready to get back to class?" "Yeah!" I clasped my hand tightly onto his and gave a strong tug as he fell.

 

I made a run for class as i heard a faded voice screaming my name, "YA! SONG HYERIN!"