There are Queenkas in KBS Academy too

My Charming Key

Ji Yeon woke up to the bright rays of sunlight and the sound of birds chirping happily. That was such a lovely sleep. She got up from her bed and after stretching her arms she picked up her phone from off the bedside table.

It was weird Annie hadn’t called her yet. She usually did every morning.

Thinking of Annie, Ji Yeon began to recall the conversation she had many hours ago.

Guess what? The whole school knows!” She remembered Annie saying. How did they all know? …Ah, that’s right, KBS Academy is not just known for its education; this is a luxury school. People there have a lot of free time on their hands. What better to do than to gossip?

Ji Yeon got ready for school and headed to the kitchen for lunch. It wasn't until she was half way into her breakfast did she look up at the clock on the wall. 

Her eyes widened in shock.

NO WONDER I SLEPT SO WELL.

Ditching her breakfast Ji Yeon made for the door and then to school as fast as humanely possible.

 

She reached the outer perimeter of the school and hastily ran to the gates. It was locked. She looked around. No one there. Ughh--Oh wait! She spotted  an man holding a broomstick and a trash bag.

“Ahjushi!” Ji Yeon called

The man looked up.

“Please let me in! PLEEAASE,” Ji Yeon begged.

He gave her a ‘kids-these-days’ look and then dropped his trash bag down and walked over to the gate with his keys.

“why is everyone late today? Sheesh.”

The old man unlocked the gate and held it open with a bored expression.

“THANK YOU AHJUSHI!!” Ji Yeon bowed and made a run for it.

 

Classes had already started. Aiiishhh. Okay... Ji Yeon hwaiting! Ji Yeon softly opened the door and peeked in. The teacher’s head was turned to the chalkboard. She quietly entered and slid the door close behind her. Okay, I’m in. Ji Yeon crouched down and softly began to make for her desk.

“The king had absolute authority, but his actual power varied with political circumstances,” the teacher was drawing some sort of diagram on the board.

“He was bound by tradition, precedents set by earlier kings— JI YEON DON’T THINK I CAN’T SEE YOU.”

She winced.

The entire class turned around.  Ji Yeon awkwardly rose from her crouching position.

“Annyeonghasaeyo,” she stammered, forcing a weak smile.

“Detention." The teacher flipped out a schedule planner. "Sometime this week" she said unsurely and shut the planner. "After school. ”

“What??” 

“I’ll make it a full week!”

Ji Yeon bit back an urge and walked to her desk. Ji Yeon saw Key from the corner of her eye grinning widely.

Why is he so happy? She pouted and sat down in he seat. 

The teacher continued on with her lesson.

 

Ji Yeon’s POV:

I turned to Annie,

“Psst Annie, did I miss anything?”

She looked at me and then turned away.

“Annie…”

She didn’t reply. Is she ignoring me? What was with the ‘I’m so happy for you’ yesterday? 

I frowned. Why do I have such bad luck? 

I took a deep breath and shrugged that off as my eyes began to wander the classroom. Key was lying down on his desk with his arm hanging over the edge while the girl next to him was playing with his hair. It was Min…Min… Min something. I can’t really remember her name. Min__ swiftly turned her head in my direction.

She looked at me up and down inspecting me then looked at me in the eyes and turned back around to continue playing with Key’s hair like those evil people who own exotic pets and their fur at crime scenes.

What ever that look meant, it definitely was not good. Ji Yeon, why do you have the worst luck???

 

It was lunch and Annie was still ignoring me. 

I gathered my books and made for my locker. That’s when 3 girls cornered me--one of them being the Min girl from class.

“We heard you kissed Key, you .” She pushed me to the wall.

You can't be serious...

I looked at all 3 of the girls as they stared me down. They were all glammed up in their expensive jewelry and excessive make up. And I’m not sure how they managed it, but their skirts were folded up so high they looked like they ran the ion business (if that was possible)

Not going to let them walk all over me I retorted: “Look who’s talking," and raised one eyebrow up at her. They looked at me as if they couldn’t believe their eyes.

“W-what did you say?” She scoffed.

“Min Hee, should we punish her?” her friend said.

“Ohhh… so that’s your name,” I blurted.

Min Hee looked totally offended. Being a Queenka and someone not knowing your name is probably one of the most

humiliating things ever—and I knew that. I smiled at her. She looked really angry. This was not going to end well.

“YAH!” She screamed. She raised her hand to slap me. I closed my eyes knowing I’d get it for my sassy mouth.

But to my surprise, I didn’t. I slowly opened one eye and saw someone gripping Min Hee's hand. 

He had quickly clutched her hand just before it had reached my face.

 “What the hell do you think you’re doing?!” He snapped.

 

Key’s POV:

Yes, lunch time. Can’t wait…  kimchi and Onew’s chicken. I’m so excited!! I went to the washroom to fix my hair. Oh man… Ki Bum, how do you do it? You look fine~

I looked myself over one last time before heading out. Exiting the men’s restroom I noticed a small group of girls huddled in a corner at the end of the hallway. What are they doing?... I moved to the side for a better view. Three girls on one; it didn’t look good... hold up. Is that........... her? I cringed. Maybe I should just mind my own business? Yeah, let's do that. I shrugged and went my way. But then one of the girls raised her hand ready to slap- WHAT THE HELL?! My body acted without my consent. I teared towards the end of the hallway. 

“What the hell do you think you’re doing?" Minho’s voice overlapped my thoughts.

I was too engrossed in the action to know where the heck Minho even came from but he caught the girl’s arm just in time.

I stopped just five metres away and watched Minho, speechless.


 

lol.