PE Class

My Charming Key

(Ji Yeon's POV)

“Minho? Ji Yeon?”

The voice made me perk up and I broke away.

“What are you guys doing?” Jonghyun asked. “And Ji Yeon, why are you… --are you crying?”

I shook my head.

“I thought you guys left,” Minho said. Jonghyun raised his eyebrows.

“Uh, no we haven’t.” Jonghyun then looked over at me. “Ji Yeon, Key’s looking for you.”

“L-looking for me…?”

“Yeah. Said something like he had to find you and stuff.”

Minho let out a dry laugh. “Well he’s not looking for her right now. He’s a bit occupied.”

Jonghyun stood there quite still, confusion clear in his face.

My eyes fell to the floor. “Minho,” I said quietly. “I think I’ll go home by myself.”

“…hm?”

“Thank you.” I smiled at him. I sent a short wave to Jonghyun and then was out the door.

 

When I got home I dropped my bag on my bedroom floor and after a hot bath I laid down on my bed.

“How was the game?” Annie called out.

“Good,” I replied.

My head was swimming with thoughts. But I wasn’t going to let it bring me down. I grabbed my textbook from my bag and began studying.

Why do I care who he kisses? He was already a player to begin with. Right, Ji Yeon? I jotted down notes as I went.

Afterwards I cooked something, watched some TV, and then came back and laid down on my bed.  Pushing all thoughts of Key out of my head I tried to relax and fall asleep.

---

The next morning the weather was a bit warmer so the class had a bit of a different schedule. Everyone changed into their gym clothes and went outside.

“Warm up! Two laps around the track!” The PE teacher yelled.

After doing two laps the teacher told us to pair up and stand across from our partners.

I thought I saw Key take a glance at me. I avoided him and partnered up with Annie.

The partners on one side were going to the field to play soccer and the other side partners were playing basketball. I waved, frowning as Annie's side headed to the field.

The teacher then put us into teams. Key was on the other team with Jessica.

When the game was in play people avoided passing to me. It wasn’t really my sport. Every time I had the ball it would always end up in the opponent’s hands.

 “Ugh, can you move?” Min Hee caught the ball and was trying to shoot it into the hoop. I quickly stepped out of the way. But that didn’t do much; she missed, and then threw a fit while glaring at me. It’s not my fault you at aiming…

All of a sudden the ball came my way and I caught it. Already standing near the net I threw it into the hoop and scored. My team mates cheered and I grinned, clapping my hands. The other team didn’t look so happy.

 “Why did you pass to her man? She’s not on our team!” A boy yelled. I looked and saw that he was talking to Key.

“Calm the heck down, it’s a game,” Key shot back. The boy scoffed and started playing again. Key looked at me, but once again I avoided his gaze.

After basketball we went to the field for soccer. The coach blew the whistle and the offences ran for the ball. I got the ball and was running to the opposite side of the field to score. I was a bit better at soccer.

“Go with it, Ji Yeon!” A team mate called out to me. I wasn’t able to pass so I ran with it. Right when I was about to shoot I felt a sharp pain and tumbled to the ground. The boy from before was standing above me.

“Yah! Kick the ball not the person!” Someone shouted out.

The coach blew the whistle and my team mates gathered around me.

“Are you okay?!”

“Are you bleeding?”

“YAH, YOU FREAKING IDIOT!” Key came storming and grabbed the boy’s collar.

“It was an accident!”

“Accident?! I saw what happened, you piece of !”

“Ki Bum, that’s enough.” The coach walked over and separated the two.

Key shot the guy daggers and then came and knelt down beside me. “Are you okay? Here.”

“I’m fine,” I mumbled and tried to push myself up.

“No you’re not; put your arm around my shoulder.”

“I don’t need your help,” I snapped.

“You can’t even get up! And look, your ankle is purple.”

“She says she’s fine,” Jessica declared.

“Stay out of this.” Key threw her a look and then turned back to me. “If you’re gonna be so stubborn…” He stooped down and lifted me off the ground bridal style.

“Yah, put me down.”

The girls around us gasped.

“He’s actually carrying her!”

“Omo… tell me I’m seeing things…”

“Coach-nim, I’m taking her to the nurse’s office,” Key said.

The coach nodded and Key carried me back to the school.

-----

 “Ji Yeon, stop squirming,” he muttered.

“I said put me down.”

“I don’t want to.”

“Put me down or else.”

“You’re really in no position to be making threats.” He looked at me and after smirking he threw me up just a bit to get a better grip.

“Y-yah!” I yelped.

We arrived at the nurse’s office but the nurse was nowhere to be seen. Gently Key laid me down on one of the beds.

He began rummaging through the nurse’s cabinets, “Where does this woman keep her stuff…”

 “—Key,”

“Hm?”

“Never mind.”

“Found it!” He came over with massive bandages. “Don’t move. And do not freak out, but I’m actually good with this sort of thing.” He began wrapping my ankle.

I looked at him, and that’s when I noticed there was a band aid on his face.  He noticed me looking.

“Ah, this?” He said. “Got attacked by some rodent, don’t mind it.” Rodent?

“There, done.” He poked my ankle. “Does it hurt?”

“Key.”

“Yeah?”

“What are you doing? –Why are you like this?”

He went silent and his eyes travelled to mine.

 


Annyeongie lovelies ♥^^ here's an update~

Ps. Thank you guys~! :D *lots of love*♥