Because I Do

My Charming Key

 

JI Yeon's POV:

Ji Yeon couldn't help but freak out for the rest of the day. Her first kiss (as cheesy as this all sounds) was stolen by the last person she wanted it to be with and infront of the only one she had developed a slight liking for.

She barely talked to him and the second time he sees her, it's on the hallway floor with 'that idiot'. What was he going to think of her?

Ji Yeon dropped down on the carpet beside her bed and shoved a pillow in her face.

This had got to be the worst start of any school year. If she's lucky the news wouldn't spread around and she wouldn't be loathed by the fandom for 'forcing that kiss on him' --yes, that's how they'll probably put it.

But hey--

She threw the pillow aside. What had gotten into him to do that? It wasn't him right? It had to have been an accident. Of course, what was she thinking?

*It's fine Ji Yeon* she told herself despite the war that was going on in her head, *it's fine. Just forget about it and do your homework.*

She took a deep breath and held her fist up. *you can do it*

Ji Yeon sat there blank for a few seconds before turning her head and looking into the full length mirror across the room. Her reflection stared back at her blankly and it reminded her.

Those lips... her lips... she would never have the experience of a romantic first kiss ever. That was her first, and she'll never have a first again. That was it. No more chances. No rewinding. No erasing. All fantasies crushed.

With that she bursted into dry tears.

WWWHHYYYYY!! THAT FREAKING IDIOT! I WANT MY KISS BACK! AAAAGHH!

She flipped out for another five minuted before calming herself down, taking deep breaths. That's it. It was gone. She shook her head and threw her textbook in front of her. Fighting with herself wasn't going to change anything.

She ped her pencil case and pulled out her pen. She was going to drown herself in studying; forget everything and just study. What was a kiss worth anyway? She reasoned with herself. *It was nothing, okay? It probably doesn't even count. Our lips brushed but there was nothing in it; no feeling, no nothing.* She nodded her head and felt a bit more relieved.

*It didn't count* she concluded.

 

She had gotten somewhat into her work before her mother called out her name.

“Ji Yeon! Come put the dishes away!” I was as if her mother didn't know it was almost midnight. Didn't she consider that she might have been sleeping? Ji Yeon pouted and pushing the mini desk away from her she pulled herself up and stumbled lazily downstairs.

Her parents were the best and the weirdest she thought as she witnessed her dad sitting on the couch reading the newspaper and drinking coffee as if it was 8 am in the morning.

"Ah princess, you're still up." He looked up from his newspaper.

"Yeh appa," She grinned hazily and continued to the kitchen.

“JI YEON!" Her mother screamed again.

“UMMA!" Ji Yeon returned the scream. "IM RIGHT NEXT TO YOU!”

“-Omo, don’t do that to me.” Ji Yeon smiled bashfully. “Here, I did half of it for you already." Her mom removed the apron and was on her way out.

“I put your and Saeyeon’s lunches in the fridge. Yours is the pink and Saeyeon’s is the blue. I’m going to bed.

Don’t forget to turn off the lights when you’re done and tell your father that i told him not to drink coffee so late, it's bad for him!"

"He's in the livi-, you could jus-"

"Good night sweetie!!" She took off.

"You heard that right Appa?!" Ji Yeon called from the kitchen.

A faint "Yeh..." came from the living room.

Ji Yeon laughed and shook her head.

 

That same night… 15 minutes away~

 

Wait, I’ll see Minho. He's the guy for this...


 

Key made his way to Minho’s door and was about to knock. He hesitated. *No I can’t. He’ll think something’s up. And what the heck am I supposed to say? Gaaahhhhh… deep breath Ki bum, deep breath…Inhale… Exh—* Key’s slow and comfortable exhale got cut short as Jonghyun suddenly swung the door open.

“W-woah!” Jonggie jumped back and put his hand on his heart. “Oh my gosh, you freakin scared me. Aisshh... Yeobo!

you don’t just stand there!” He threw a short fit and then hustled away flapping his arms.

*I swear... this guy...* Key stood there looking abit dazed. He quickly snapped out of it.

"--Anyway..."

Key’s POV:

I waited at the door. What to say, what to say... I could hear Jonghyun and Taemin's voices coming from the living room. They finally found something to do, and it sounded like they were having the time of their lives. Wait, is that the sailor moon theme song? I mentally face-palmed myself. That's it.

I gently opened the door and walked into Minho’s room. He was gripping a pen and had his head down in concentration. I peeked at the piles of paper on this desk. Hmm, working hard. I admired for a moment, but then remembered what I had come in for.

 “Hey Minho, you have minute?” I asked. No answer.

 “Minnhhooooo…” I poked his shoulder.

 “Huh, what?” His head popped up and I witnessed some evident signs of sleeping. Working hard my …

 “You have a minute?” I repeated.

 “Ah, yeah sure, one sec,” he left the room.

WHAT. IS. THIS. It was hard enough to come in… now you leave. Gyah.

 

Author's POV:

Five minutes later Minho walked back in. He had washed his face, brushed his teeth, and no longer showed any signs

of sleep... or shirt.

He closed the door and sat down.

“So, what is it?” He looked intently at Key.

"Minho, put a shirt on first."

"But this is my room." He pouted and wobbled his shoulders.

Flaming Charmisa wasn't so charismatic in his bedroom. Did he and Taemin just switch souls?

"Yah, c'mon Minho," Key insisted. "This is kinda important."

"Finnnnnneee..." He got up. "Be right back."

 Key face-walled himself.

 

--~10 minutes later~--

 

Minho walked back in.

 ...for the last time...

"Okay, so!" Key began. "You heard about th--" he looked at Minho's shirt. "Is that a sailor moon...?"

Minho looked down at his shirt. "Oh, do you want me to-" he got out of his seat and motioned to the door.

"N-NO. it's lovely. Sit down." Key dragged Minho back to the chair.

"Okay so, what's up?" Minho sat down and looked at Key.

“You heard about the … k-kk…” Key cleared his throat. “You heard about the kiss right?”

Heard about it?... I had to SEE it. “I was there,” Minho replied.

“Oh yeah, you were the one who…  --well anyway, everyone out there,” Key pointed to the wall. “Think I did it on

purpose. You don’t believe that do you?”

Minho’s expression didn’t change and he didn’t even bother to answer Key’s question. He rested his chin on his knuckles and looked amusingly at Key.

“You like her?”

“Are you kidding me? NO.” Key scoffed. “How can you even ask that?” 

 

 

“Good."

 

“Why?”

 

Minho leaned in. “Because I do.”


 

Lol yay for sailor moon ;)

-Kamikazexox