Meet Up

My Charming Key

She didn’t mean to- This is not how it seems-

"Were you trying to me?"

Ji Yeon gasped. "NO!" She pushed herself off but fumbled and ended up right on top again, just this time kneeing Key in the process.

"I was kid-Ow!"

"Waow, is everyone dying today or something?" Onew called out from the other room.

"Why are you abusing a sick person? -Ahh..." Key winced.

"Are you okay?!" Ji Yeon sat up on the bed. 

"Do I look okay to you?"

"Not really..." Ji Yeon mumbled.

"Are you guys okay in there?!" some voices called out.

"YES!" Ji Yeon answered. "I guess I'll be leaving now. I just came to check if you were okay-"

"And I'm not okay," he said. "So stay." He patted the empty area on his bed.

Ji Yeon stared at him. "You don't expect me to actually..."

His smile faded and he looked back at her. "Yes, I do."

"B-but why...?" 

"Because I’m cold,” He said in an almost whining tone.

“I can get you another blanket,” Ji Yeon offered.

Key grabbed her hand before she could take even one step. "Can't you see I'm sick? Take care of me. Read me a story." 

Ji Yeon looked at him like he was mentally un-well. "Like... bed time story?"

Key nodded seriously. "Yeah, like that."

*What is up with him...?*

"Okay," she sighed and walked over to Key's stash of books neatly piled beside the actually book shelf. "Which one?"

"You pick."

Ji Yeon looked through them and after she found one that seemed decent, she turned around to see Key waiting patiently for her. He crossed his legs and pat the empty spot infront of him on the bed.

Ji Yeon cocked a brow. You've got to be kidding me.

"Nope," Key mouthed.

*Did I say that outloud?!* Ji Yeon bit her lip. 

Mustering up her courage, she went to go sit on the bed.

As soon as she was in a relatively comfortable position (not that this situation was actually 'comfortable'), Key wrapped his arms around her waist, making her back curve involuntarily. Yah!

Key rested his chin on her shoulder and helped her turn over the cover.

Ji Yeon held the book above his arms and began to read, stuttering every few sentences as she felt Key's warm breath on her neck. It didn't take long before Ji Yeon's face was a pretty shade of crimson. 

Finally Ji Yeon snapped the book shut.

"Key, how am I supposed to read like this?" 

"You're doing a great job."

"But-"

"What, do you want to do something else?" He twirled his finger around a lock of her hair suggestively. 

Ji Yeon held her breath.

"I-I'll read!" She said quickly.

Key stifled a laugh

After about twenty minutes the Shinee guys were feeling a bit uneasy. 

"Noona! Are you alright in there?!" It was Taemin's voice. "Let's go check up on her," he said to the guys.

Ji Yeon gasped. "They're coming in." She quickly got off of Key's lap

*Aish, why do I live with them...* Key thought. Without warning, he pulled Ji Yeon towards her and gave her a quick peck on the cheek.

Ji Yeon's eyes widened in shock and she stepped back, face red as crimson, just as the Shinee guys were walking in.

Key grinned at her in delight before falling back onto his bed, the springs bouncing beneath him. 

"Why the hell does he look so happy to see us?" Jonghyun turned to Minho.

"He's obviously not okay. He's sick," Minho replied.

"Ahh," Jonghyun nodded his head. "That's why."

---

The next day after class Ji Yeon walked to her locker with Annie.

“Hey, Seungho’s at your locker,” Annie pointed out. “Is he waiting for you?”

“I don’t know.” Ji Yeon saw Seungho standing right in front of her locker on his phone.

“I’m gonna go find Onew. Call me later okay? And tell me what happens,” she said gesturing a phone and winked before leaving.

As soon as Ji Yeon came up to him, Seungho said bye to whoever it was and shoved his phone into his pocket.

“Uh, hey,” he waved lightly.

Ji Yeon greeted him back and smiled.

 

----

 

“Ow, can you not?” Minho rolled his eyes as Jessica pushed and shoved through the Shinee guys to get a hold of his arm.

*She’s really trying to prove her point from that night* Minho sighed.

As soon as Key appeared however she immediately let go. “Ki Bum!”

“What is she doing with you guys?” Key asked.

“I can’t even begin to explain…” Minho replied, drained from the latching she had been doing to his arm for basically the entire day.

“Whatever. Have you seen Ji Yeon?”

“Are you always going to be talking about her?” Jessica fumed.

“Get over it, Jessy,” Jonghyun sneered.

Jessica shot him daggers.

“I don’t know, I saw her walking around with Annie,” Taemin said.

“Oh-kay.”

“Why?”

“Uh, I just- have something… to…”

“To give to her?”

Key looked to the ground.

“OOHHH,” The guys (except Minho) playfully threw punches and ruffled Key’s hair. Jessica looked over at Minho. Their eyes met for a split second before Minho looked away. Jessica smirked.

“What is it?!” Taemin asked.

“A necklace? A ring?—OHH,” jonghyun gaped.

“Or is it a book?” Onew asked with sincere eyes.

Jonghyun choked at Onew’s response.

“Why should I tell you?" Key brushed them off. "I’m leaving.” 

“Don’t be too rash, Ki bum! Remember the detention room!”

“SHUT UP!”

The guys burst into laughter.

---

After Ji Yeon got home from school she got herself ready to go out again. She was going to meet up with Seungho. His parents divorcing was something he trusted her enough to talk to her about. He was a friend in need and she needed to be there for him. Her homework could wait.

Ji Yeon walked down the street and stopped in front of the café that she was supposed to meet Seungho at. She looked around. *I guess I’m early.*

As she waited, on the other side of the narrow street she could hear a group of guys whispering to each other. They stole glances at her frequently. Ji Yeon tried to ignore them and began to walk slowly. Then the one by one the guys approached her and surrounded her.

“What are you doing here all alone?” One guy asked. He had jet black hair and bangs that fell over his eyes, and was wearing a leather jacket over a school uniform. The rest of the guys had the same sort of attire. They completely surrounded her and Ji Yeon figured there was no way around them. She lowered her head. 

“I’m waiting for someone,” Ji Yeon replied quietly, a hint of fear in her voice (that she hoped they didn't hear).

“Aw, you’re waiting for someone? Who? Your boyfriend?” The guys laughed amongst themselves.

“By the looks of it he’s not coming, Sweetheart,” Another guy cooed. “So why don’t you come with us?”

Ji Yeon shook her head and tried looking to find a gap between the guys that she could squeeze through.

“Come on,”

“No, it’s okay. Thank you, though.” She found the gap and bowed her head to pass but one of the guys grabbed her shoulder.

“But it’s not okay.” The guy flipped open his phone and dialed.

“Boss, we got her.”

"Huh?" Ji Yeon looked around. *I don't even know them!* She tried to squirm out of his grasp but they held on tightet. 

"LET GO!" She cried.

"Behave," the guy with the bangs hissed while pulling on her hair. He dragged her to other side of the road and threw her onto his motor bike.

"Let me--" 

The guy covered and signaled to the rest of the gang.

"Let's go. Boss doesn't like waiting."


 

update!

It's been another while, I hope you all are doing well! ^^ 

(I edited this one.... sorry if you're reading this again ><) 

I feel bad for Jonghyun lol. He's always getting slapped upside the head...

Anyway

I hope this chapter was okay~

Thanks for the support everyone and comments are loved! ♥