Detention

My Charming Key

For Ji Yeon, the day felt particularly long. Her notebook was blank--save for the ocassional doodle in the corners, and her heavy eye lids were threatening to give in.  'I can learn so much more from textbook', she thought as their male teacher blabbed on incoherently.

She was eternally grateful the teacher didn't think to call on her, and avoided any sort of eye contact that might encourage the thought. She absorbed nothing in that time and would probably just make a fool of herself if she was made to answer even the simplest of questions.

After two hours of what felt like five, it was the end of the day. Ji Yeon joined the rest of the crowd in the hallways and made her way to her locker.

She wasn't going to look forword to the rest of the day.

Detention.

When had she ever gotten detention? This was definitely a stain on her reputation.

Ji Yeon's POV:

I got to my locker and dumped my stuff in.

"Right," I sighed. Off to detention room.

 

221, 222, 223, 224....  I held the mop with one hand and dragged along the mop bucket with the other. The teacher had given me instructions on where to find cleaning equipment and I carried them as I made my way to the room I was assigned to clean .

I finally arrived at the designated room: 225.

This place seemed like it needed a lot of work just judging by its location in the school. It was definitely a place where not many students came--even the custodian seemed to have avoided it.

Gathering bits of courage I stepped into the classroom. The lights were off and I noticed the curtains across the room, a translucent dark red.

A faint light illuminated from outside in the hallway and I was barely able to make out furniture shapes. I squinted my eyes to see.

And that's when I saw him. 

I blinked and almost stumbled back.

What in God's name was he doing here? What was he up to?

Key sat leaning back on the chair, perfectly relaxed with his feet mounted on the desk and a broomstick swung over his shoulder.

A smirk tugged at his lips. "Ji Yeon. In detention? Tsk tsk." He shook his head.

I stood, frozen. Was this one of his other stupid tricks?

He dropped his broomstick on the floor and stood up. He walked towards me, eyes shining.

"Do you need something?" I said roughly, sounding more confident then I felt.

He chuckled and shrugged his shoulders, proceeding closer.

This was not good. As much as I didn't want to show how my fear I couldn't help but gulp and peek at the door.

He seemed to have noticed because just as I did that he drove me to the wall and reaching his arm over he shut the door and locked it. N-n-no...

It was pitch black now.

"K-Key, what are you-"

"Pay back."

In a second my arms were pinned to the wall and his lips crushed onto mine. My heart was racing like it had never before and my cheeks felt as if they had caught on fire. The mop dropped out of my trembling hands and to the floor.

Key's POV:

Ji Yeon, is this all it takes? Too easy...