Meeting SHINee

My Charming Key

Author's POV:

Suddenly,  there was a faint sound of metal rubbing against the key hole.

Ji Yeon's eyes widened.  

Attempting to break loose she began to squirm out of Key's hold, but nothing changed; she couldn't move. The door knob turned; someone was about to enter. She suddenly got an idea.

"Aow!" Key jolted backwards to floor. "Yah! Does kicking solve everything?!" he cried, his face going red. The door clicked open.

In a flash Key got the memo. Scrambling to his feet he ran to the windows with a dust cloth that he pulled out from his back pocket. Ji Yeon hurriedly flicked on the lights and grabbed her mop repeatedly wiping with the back of her hand. I'll get him later, that little...

"What's going on here? Who's yelling?" The Academy's Head Care-taker entered the classroom, keys dangling on his finger. His eyes opened wide as he sharply shifted his gaze back and forth between Key and Ji Yeon.

Ji Yeon and Key were working and cleaning so devotedly, they looked like a newly wedded couple that just happily moved into their first home. Key was furiously wiping the windows, jumping to reach every corner, eager to remove every speck of dust. Ji Yeon dry-mopped the floor; running back and forth across the classroom at top speed. The Care taker looked thoroughly impressed. Such dedicated students...

“Hey, they’re here!” Taemin’s voice chimed from behind the elderly man. “Thanks ahjusshi!”

"Hey hey heeyyy, working hard are we?" Jonghyun walked in gripping the handles of his backpack. He looked at Key. "Yo!" Then turned to Ji Yeon. "Hello there." He flashed her a smile.

"This must be Ji Yeon..." Onew smiled at her see-end. “She's a good influence on you Ki Bum." He looked at Key."Can you do the windows at home too?" He chuckled and leaned back against the wall that Ji Yeon was just on about a minute ago.

“Why are you guys all here…” Key groaned. *I'm in the middle of torturing her*

Taemin walked over to JI Yeon. "Hi, I'm Taemin!" He held out his hand grinning.

"Hello." Ji Yeon took his hand. She couldn’t help but smile. The creature standing before her was absolutely adorable.

“Yah, let’s not get too carried away now,” Key cut in, tearing Taemin’s hand off of Ji Yeon’s.

Carried away? You bastard. Do you even REMEMBER 5 minutes ago?  Ji Yeon shot Key a look.

Last but not least, Minho walked in dressed in his soccer jersey. He noticed Ji Yeon right away.

“I didn't expect you to be here. You've been a bad girl?" He smirked.

"Oh Anyeong! ...Ah yeah, I was late.” Ji yeon laughed nervously.

Key observed from the windows. Ji Yeon was now fidgeting with her fingers and looking at the floor. Pink colour was dusting her cheeks.Is she trying to act cute or something? 

"Yeah." He broke the short silence. "She came into class five minutes after me."

"I see.” Minho laughed. “Anyway, we," he swept his hand at the general direction of Onew, Jonghyun, and Taemin, "thought we'd check up on you. You know, since this is your first detention in a while," he explained to Key.

"That's really not necessary," Key muttered under his breath.

"Yeah, Minho even skipped practice for you," Onew declared. "We're here to help you polish this DUSTY LOAD OF... classroom material, since a lot of us," he discretely tilted his head towards Jonghyun and Taemin, "have nothing better to do."

Jonghyun and Taemin smiled and waved bashfully like two lost puppies looking for a home.

Ji Yeon's POV:

Taemin and Jonghyun were looking at me with their bright and friendly eyes. Yes, yes! Of course you can help out! Sigh. Where have they been all my life? I’m loving these guys already.


 

Key and Onew were now near the windows laughing like crazy. They were singing some song and hopping around.

“Oh, I’m, Kyeeerios Yeaah~”

Key caught me looking and raised his eyebrows at me. The side of his mouth curved up into a disarming smile. I quickly turned away. Gyah, he's still at it...

It wasn't long before we all got to work. With everyone helping out, the room actually started to shine.

 

 

"See? You put the mop into the bucket. Now it's wet. Theeenn you mop. It picks up the dust easier this way." Taemin demonstrated.

"Oh, thank you… Taemin?" Hearing me say his name, he grinned and eagerly nodded his head. My little heart fluttered a bit from the cuteness over-load. This boy… I just can’t.

Minho and Onew were also helping. Minho, carefully scrubbed the black board with a sponge he found lying around somewhere. He was scrubbing extremely slowly, inch by inch. Onew, on the other hand, was sweeping EVERYTHING. The floor, the walls, the windows sometimes. Nothing was safe from the bristles of Onew's new best friend.

I was about to begin another round of random mopping when Jonghyun walked over to me while tucking in his shirt and rolling up his sleeves. Man, is it hot in here or is it just me…

"Here, i'll do it," he offered seizing the mop from my hand.

'No, no! It's my detention, I have to do this." I quickly took it back. I can't have the Shinee guys do everything.

Jonghyun laughed. He turned back to me and looked into my eyes. "You've worked hard enough," he said softly, removing the mop from my resigning grip. I involuntarily gave in and stumbled backwards, weak in the knees.

"I don’t want you getting tired Princess," He added, smiling, before attacking the floor with his newly acquired mop. P-princess? The only person who ever calls me princess is my dad. Ahh, these guys...

 

Key rushed over. He grabbed the mop from Jonghyun's hand and threw him the dust cloth.

"Go do the windows," he said, pushing Jonghyun away.

"Hey Jonghyun," Onew called out. "Cool it with the sweet talk alright? She's Key's. He already placed his 'claim' over her." Onew kissed two of his fingers and winked.

I flinched. HUH? What is that supposed to mean?! I fiercely jerked my head towards Key. He awkwardly stopped mopping and cleared his throat, brushing his bangs over to the side.

Key scoffed. “Don't get any ideas okay? Miss I-read--as-a-bedtime-story."

No. He. Didn't.

Minho and Taemin stopped scrubbing the black board and their heads shot back (Taemin had joined him just a minute ago). Jonghyun froze. Onew mouthed the words 'cheongmal?' and looked at me. OH MY GOD. DOES HE HAVE TO BRING THAT UP?

"That was a JOKE," I emphasized. "Also, you know that wasn't me! Ms. Kwon just hates me... passionately."

"Whatever.."

I glared at him. I swear he's just trying to make me look bad in front of them.

Taemin walked over. "It's okay," he whispered into my ear. "I do too..."

My mouth slowly dropped as I turned my head.

"WHAAAAT?!" My thoughts escaped my lips.

You?! This ball of innocence? I never would have thought...

"Ki Bum," Jonghyun spoke."You shouldn't be talking. Don't think I don't know what those magazines under your bed are."

"Dammit Jongie," Key hissed.

Key and Jonghyun started throwing words at each other across the room. I tuned them out as I heard Taemin giggling behind me.

"I'm joking Noona," he said grinning. "I just didn't want to make you feel you were alone."

"Oh... Haha..." I forced a laugh. Oh man, whew. Don't do that to me. I almost thought I saw my life flash before my eyes.


 

It was around 6:00 and we finally finished. The classroom looked polished, clean, and fit for a president. We went down to the school grounds together. The air was cool and light, and the sun was on the verge of setting.

"Bye!" I waved to them from my bike.

Jonghyun came up to me and took my hand in both of his.

"It was nice meeting you." he smiled, looking me in the eyes.

"ALRIGHT! THAT'S ENOUGH, LET'S GO." Key grabbed Jonghyun by the back of his collar and dragged him away.

"Annyeong~!" I waved again. They feebly waved back, still standing there. Maybe they're waiting for me to leave first.

"Are you guys not going home?" I asked jokingly.

"Not yet." Key answered.

"Why not...?"

"We're going with you."