The Flaming Charisma

My Charming Key

Ji Yeon briskly turned around and traipsed away. 

Using violence wasn't always the answer, but exactly how was she to respond to that?. Plus, he had all the signs of a notorious player. If she was just another one of those girls he played around with, he totally deserved that, if not more.

She sent a text to Annie:

Sorry I left without you... I’ll be outside.

 

“Hahahahahaha…” Minho, who witnessed the whole thing chuckled as he walked up to key in his gym clothes. “Rough day?”

Key shot a look at Minho. “Rough wouldn’t even describe it. Ugh, that . Just trying to be nice. This better not leave a scar," Key surveyed his shins before looking up. "Anyway, where’s Jonghyun?”

“Just saw him. He’s at the gate with Taemin and Onew. Let’s go?”

“Yeah.”

-----

"How was your first day sweetie?" Ji Yeon's mom called from the kitchen when she got home.

"Good!" Ji Yeon replied before dragging herself upstairs to her room. She wasn't going to mention her mix-up with the school's so called flower boy. And good was all her parents needed to know.

"When you're done with homework do you mind doing the laundry?" The mother called even louder than before.

"Yup!"

Ji Yeon was set on studying well despite it being the first day. After a long evening of familiarizing herself with textooks and notes, Ji Yeon finished all the laundry. That day would end with her flipping through TV channels before she got sleepy and naturally collapsed with exhaustion.

----

If the teacher's voice wasn't the dullest thing Ji Yeon had heard in her entire life, she didn't know what was. It was getting harder and harder to pay attention. Was this to be her fate for the rest of the year?

Ji Yeon’s eyes started wandering. They finally fell on something deep, dark, and brown: Key’s eyes. He was glaring at her for who knows how long. She blinked and perked up. Yes...? 

Finally catching her sight, he put his leg up and fiercely pointed at it. Oh, she slouched back into her chair. He deserved it, she thought simply.

Ji Yeon rolled that aside and turned to Annie.

“I’m so hungry... when’s lunch?”

Annie looked at her watch. “In ten, thank god. This woman is dragging her voice like the most depressed person alive.”

"She'd put zombies to shame..." The latter groaned and dropped her head on the desk.

 


 “Wahhh fresh air!” Ji Yeon stretched and smiled brightly as they stepped outside. "Let's eat outside!"

“Huh? Oh, ya.” Annie piped, eyes busy searching the school grounds.

Ji Yeon looked at her and laughed. “Your Onew prince is over there…” She pointed to the basketball courts.

“He played basketball? When did this... -OMO!" Annie jumped up and down clapping her hands. "Let's go, let's go?!"

 

Some other girls had already gotten there before them. They were cheering on the players and swooning in the process.

"Go Minho!" cried some girls watching on the sides. They were clutching their faces with their hands, staring intently at the fervent play. 16 :16 and only ten seconds to go.

Minho dodged an opponent, spun, stepped and did an impressive hard-core dunk.

“AH! HE DID IT! Another point!”

"Ughh, he's so cool!"

Minho took his water bottle and turned it over on his head. Even more noise erupted from the small crowd. He flipped his hair and ran his fingers through dramatically. Ji Yeon was at the perfect angle to witness this. He’s soo…

“He’s so freaking cool! Oh my gosh.” Annie chimed into Ji Yeon’s thoughts. Ji Yeon took another look at Minho and smiled to herself. She looked to the floor lost in her thoughts; Wow. He’s really handsome.

Judging by his popularity he was probably one of the Shinee guys. Ji Yeon sighed. He won’t notice me. These track pants probably won't help either.. Ugh, maybe I should have listened to Annie... She fiddled with her frills at the hem of her skirt. I bet he likes really pretty girls…

Too worried about her appearance she didn't notice the male standing in front of her.

“Hey, could you pass me that?” He asked.