Annie, My New House-mate and Conniving Key

My Charming Key

Haii! I'm so sorry I took so long to update. I had to do this chapter three times over-- changing the entire plot each time... *SIGH*  I know it's not perfection. I'll probably come back to fix it later. Anyway, for now, here it is! :) ♥ 


A few weeks have passed and Ji Yeon's parents finally left for Thailand.

"Bye!" She waved to them as the car drove out of their driveway.

“Goodbye sweetie! Call us if you need anything!” The mother called from the car

“Take care princess! We’ll bring souvenirs!” The father waved his hand from inside the car. Saeyeon just held up a peace sign and smirked. 

*Little brat.*

And with that, they were gone.

Now it was just her. Ji Yeon walked up the front steps to get back into the house. But just then, she heard Annie's voice.

"Hey, can you help me with this?

She turned around to find a very exhausted Annie in front of her house on the sidewalk. she was leaning on two rather big luggages--seemingly containing half of her home.

"Annie! What're you doing here?" Ji Yeon asked, not trying to be rude or anything.

"What do you mean what am I doing here? Didn't your parents tell you I'm staying over until they come back?"

"Uhh... no..."

"Really? Wow." She stood there motionless for a bit, just absorbing that in. "....Anyway, help me with this--ugh so heavy..."

 

Annie had moved in. For Ji Yeon, it was great having a friend over despite the fact that the friend took up about half the living space with just her luggages alone, would take 50 minute showers, and would gush about Onew 24/7.

And when her parents had planned this out, Ji Yeon had no idea. But at least she wasn't alone.

------

Today was the day. Key was coming over for the project that they were supposed to do together (because of a certain Song Annie).

"Annie," Ji Yeon called from upstairs. "Key's coming over to work on the project later, so can you move your stuff?"

"Really? That Key?” Annie popped another chocolate almond into . “The one you said was a 'Jerk'?"

"Yes, that Key. And don't act like you don't know, you're the one that set us up."

"Oh right... forgot." Annie laughed. "Okay then. I'll take my stuff."

 

In just an hour, the doorbell rang.

"Yo."  A tousled-hair guy with high cheek bones and an outfit that looked like it came straight out of a fashion magazine, walked in holding a few bags. "So hot outside." He removed his shades and flipped his hair around.

Ji Yeon watched speechless for a moment but then caught herself. She cleared . "In here," she beckoned towards the living room.

Key took his shoes off and neatly established them onto the shoerack before walking into the living room.

"Do you ever clean this place?" He looked around critically. "You're almost as bad as Jonggie.

Ji Yeon didn’t know how bad Jonghyun was, but for her to be compared to him, he must have been pretty bad.

They sat down together on the floor and began looking through the instructions.

"So... Joseon...” Key ran his fingers over the words on the sheet. “Create a 3D structure of the palace, label and describe the features. Next, write two pages on the duties, and importance of the kings, officials, the offices, and local government. WOW. Crazy lady.”

Ji Yeon covered to laugh.

“Alright,” he sighed. “Let’s start and finish this today.”

 

~About an hour in~

 

"Ruler," he said. Ji Yeon passed him the ruler.

"The sheet thingy again." Ji Yeon handed him the assignment sheet. He looked it over and nodded. “Not bad…” he looked at her. “ I'm kinda thirsty. Can I get a drink?"

"Yeah, one sec." Ji Yeon got up and walked to the kitchen. "Do you like grape?" She asked.

"Water."

"Okay," Ji Yeon replied skeptically, raising her eyebrows.

Key got up. "Actually, I'll--OOF!" Before he could finish his sentence he walked into an object situated conveniently on the floor, tripped, and fell flat on his face.

"Aow....." he groaned as he attempted to push himself up. "WHY IS THERE A FREAKING MOP LYING AROUND?" He bit his lip rubbed his forehead. “Oww..”

"I'm sorry, i'm sorry!" She actually understood how it felt. 

"Help me up. Ugh, I'm crippled because of you." Key got into a comfortable position on the floor and put one arm up. "Honestly, you might even be worse than Jonggie..."

"It wasn't me, it was the mop."

"You left it there," he countered.

Ji Yeon sighed in defeat and grabbing his hand (in an awkward sort of way) she tried to pull him up; but he wouldn't budge. 

"Yah, try a bit," Ji Yeon grumbled. Key loook up at her.

“Hey... remember the detention room?” He asked. His expression became smug.

“I’ll forgive you if…” he held onto her hand tighter.

"It's okay," Ji Yeon said nervously, trying to slip her hands out. "You don't have to forgive me..."

He smirked. And before she knew it, she let out a loud high-pitched yelp and was pulled to the floor. “Oww…” Ji Yeon grimaced as she rubbed her back.

"Yah!" She looked up at him ready to smack him one.

But he just stared back.

Ji Yeon's eyes opened wide. Uh.. oh..

*ANNIE PLEASE WALK IN ON US, PLEASE!* She sent her a telepathic message.

Key smiled, inching closer to her face.

*ANNIE!*

Just then, Annie walked in. *oh my god, it worked?!*

She was wearing a backpack and holding some golfing clubs.

"Hi guys," she said brightly, totally over-looking the fact that they were in an extremely awkward position.

Key let go of Ji Yeon almost immediately and she pushed him away.

"I'm just going out to golf, so you guys have fun." With that, the door shut and she was gone.

Ji Yeon's eyes widened and she looked at Kibum. He looked back at her, shrugging. Without another word, she quickly got up from the floor and ran upstairs to her room. She got in and lockedthe door.

"Ji Yeon! Come out! We need to work on this!" She could hear Key's voice getting closer. And what was that? He was laughing?

"I'll work in here, thank you! Just tell me when you're done your part!"

"What's the matter?!" His voice was now right on the other side of the door.

"You! And your funny business!" She yelled back. He let out an audible laugh. Was this all a joke to him?

"I won't do anything, don't worry, just come out!" She despised him, but, could she still trust him?

"PROMISE?"

"Promise."

Ji Yeon slowly opened the door and peeked out. As she thought, Key was out in the hallway folding his arms, waiting for her.

"Hi..." She said nervously.

"Come on Ji Yeon..." He opened his arms. "Let's finish what we were doing." 

"AISSH!" Ji Yeon ran back into her room and slammed the door.

"I WAS KIDDING! I'M SORRY! GEEZ!"

--------

 

It took a while, but she finally found it safe enough to leave her room. Ji yeon ninja'd her way downstairs and slowly crept towards the living room. She peeked in and saw Key concentrated and working on the project all by himself.

"AHEM," She cleared and tried to seem casual as she stepped in. Key had a different sort of face. It was somber and more calm than usual. 

"Oh, Ji Yeon," was his response.

It seemed fine now. She went to sit next across from him and started to help again.

They worked in silence for a while. But she didn't mind.

Suddenly, after a solid ten minutes, Key spoke.

"Am I a ert to you?" 

"UHUH," Ji Yeon replied instantly. Wasn't it obvious?"You're very... touchy..." she added.

"Am I a jerk?"

"Hmm... yeah."

"Am I annoying?"

She nodded my head in response.

He pouted and turned his backon her.

"What's with the questions?"

"Nothing. Go away."

Ji Yeon folded my arms. "Yah! Don't be all sulky like this! What happened to -cough- 'Almighty'?

"Apparently 'Almighty' is an annoying erted jerk!"

"...I thought you already knew that..." She scratched her head. He shot her a glare and turned his head back.

"Ki Bum-ah~" Ji Yeon said in a mock voice as she poked his shoulder. She couldn't help make fun of him.

"Why are you suddenly calling me 'Ki Bum -AH~?! And don't look at me like that!" He ruffled his hair in frustration. "Can you... stay like ten metres away?" He pointed to the other side of the room.

"What's wrong?" Ji Yeon asked.

"I can't think."

"Huh?"

"I can't think because of you!" 

She blinked and stared at his face. His eyes looked sincere and restless, he was so different...

“Ki Bu- Key...?”

"I don’t know... it’s just...”

"Just what?” She tried to sound helpful and understanding.

But In reality, she had no clue what was going on in that bipolar brain of his.

"I think I might...

“Might what?”

“Might..." he hesitated. "Feel like taking a jog. I'll be back."

"EH?"

He stood up.

*This isn't happening... no, it's not happening...*


Annyeong~! ...I can barely think right now U__U' Hopefully I didn't mess this chap up too much >< ♥

Btw, thanks for the comments :) eee!

@akaonim: Awww thank you so much! Lol, I know right... tsk Key... <3  I'm glad you liked it :3

@MomoLolli: So he was like you before? :O And yay, Im happy! ^^

@Sokomori: Thank you! I hope I did too hehe... Thanks so much for saying that, makes me feel a lot better. I was a bit un-sure~

I know lol, such a gentleman... =__=' And yes Umma..... o.o'

@Candyloverxoxo:  Yattaaa! I'm glad you liked it XD I love Taemin and Key too.. :3♥

@babewithbrains:  Thanks for subscribing and commenting! <3 Yayy~ 'cool' ^^ I'm happy~

♥*Please comment! I love hearing from my readers! :D♥