Encounter Number 2: My hair, my clothes, my lips..

My Charming Key

“Mmm, huh?” Ji Yeon looked up. Minho was eyeing her with a requesting look as he pointed to her feet.

"You're talking to me?" Ji Yeon looked around confused.

"No, the fence."

"Umm... OH!" She suddenly noticed the ball at her feet and threw it to Minho. "Here you go!" She said with a smile*Stupid Ji Yeon, stupid Ji Yeon...

Minho caught the ball and after his eyes made one last sweep over Ji Yeon he turned his attention back to the game.

 

Annie and Ji Yeon were about done their lunches by now.

“Im gonna go inside now.” Ji Yeon got up. “Umm, I’m a bit thirsty.”

“Okay, I’ll stay here. I still wanna watch the game…and Onew hehe.” Annie grinned slyly.

Turns out Onew wasn’t actually playing. He was just sitting near the basketball courts, back against tree, glasses on, finishing a really thick book and looking almost hypnotic.

 

Ji Yeon bought a smoothie and then headed to her locker to get her books for next class. She turned to look at the big clock at the end of the hallway. Hmmm, still twenty minutes left…

Ji Yeon put her books back in her locker and walked around with her smoothie. She never realized how big the school was before. There were so many hallways and little areas she felt like she was in the Harry Potter castle--though of course it wasn't as deep and dark, it was more on the bright and shimmery side.

Before she knew it, she was in the school’s art department. There were great big paintings mounted on the walls and colourful lights at each corner of the hallway. Across the hall was a huge clock with music notes as hands. It was hung on the wall over a two-door entrance. Ahh, so pretty~ 

Walking down the hall, faint music and voices caught her attention. Curiosity got the better of her and she discreetly made her way towards the noise. What’s going in there? Ji Yeon tiptoed to the classroom and saw three Shinee boys: Jonghyun, Taemin, and Key, practicing their dance routines for what appeared to be a dance club. It was a surprise to her that there were no other girls there. Perhaps this was their secret getaway in the school?

“1, 2, 3, and 4. 5, 6, 7, 8,” they chorused.

“Yeobo.” Key turned to Jonghyun--the muscly-dino guy, as Annie said. “You’re doing it wrong. Look at our Taemin.”

Taemin, a handsome yet adorable ball of felicity, beamed as he began to demonstrate. Taemin became a totally different person when he danced,  Ji Yeon witnessed. He was no longer the cutie maknae, he was a y namja. Double identity? Ji Yeon's lips cracked into a smile.

“It’s like that… 1, 2, 3, and 4,” Key continued. “We go in, turn, and then arms out.”

“Umma." Taemin stopped dancing and turned into the little cutie maknae again. "How about we pop for 5 and 6?” he proffered. “It’ll make it so much better.”

"Yeah sure. Let’s try it, but one sec.” Key went up the mirror and started fixing his hair. He sighed admiringly at his own reflection. “Shouldn’t it be a crime to be this good looking? Man, I’m such a rebel.”

“Yah, Kibum, get a room with yourself.” Onew randomly walked in holding the book he just finished and a lunchbox half full of chicken nuggets. “By the way there was girl out there spying on you guys,” he added casually.

They all turned their heads towards the door.

“Just one? Poor girl. Did you scare her away?” Jonghyun jested.

“Yeah, she looked pretty scared when she saw me," Onew said cooly. "Weird thing, she was wearing track pants… What girl wears track pants with a skirt?” Onew questioned as he made himself comfortable on the lovely hard ground and began to eat his lunch.

“A girl with horrible fashion sense,” Key muttered. Key continued checking himself out, but then a thought occurred to him. He opened his eyes wide with realization. THAT girl… he ran out of the door. Taemin and Jonghyun followed.

“WOW, thanks for the hospitality! ...I’ll just… eat by myself." Onew proclaimed to the empty room. …On second thought… He flipped open his phone and dialed Minho’s number.
 

 

Ji Yeon felt as if she was being followed.

“Hey you!”

Someone grab her hand. The next thing she knew, she was face to face with the most unlikely creature: Mr. Floral shirt—except he was in uniform today.

“You thought you could get away huh?” He eyed her suspiciously. “Why were you spying on us?”

“I wasn’t! I was just…” Ji Yeon couldn’t think of the right words.

A smile broke out on Key's lips and he laughed. “Oh so you're here to apologize for leaving a mark on my beautiful skin. Alright, I'll listen, go ahead.

“Huh?" Ji Yeon looked at him like he was no doubt the craziest man on earth. "Apologize? Why would I do that? 

Something about Key's face told Ji Yeon he was beyond offended. “MWUH? Why?”

Ji Yeon  watched Key's expression and sighed. "Let's not talk to each other really, I think we'll get along better that way. Okay? Bye." Ji Yeon turned to walk away.

Taemin stiffled a laugh behind Jonghyun.

Key blinked his eyes rapidly in disbelief.

“You think you can just say that and leave?” He grabbed her hand again, though this time, a bit rougher. Ji Yeon, caught again, and by surprise, was unprepared and this time lost control of her drink. It spilled all over Key and his brand new clothes.

Jonghyun and Taemin’s eyes widened and their mouths dropped. They knew there are two things Key hated the most: Getting his clothes dirty and someone messing up his hair. Girl or not, Ji Yeon was gonna get it now… 

Unaffected by the tense atmosphere around her, Ji Yeon was thinking of her poor smoothie. It was blueberry too, her favourite, and she barely tasted it. As she greived over her lost drink she bagan to feel eyes on her. She looked up and around, and then saw the drenched Key standing before her.

"O-oops," She stuttered.

Key's hands shook as he felt his clothes and hair. Wet. He slowly looked up at Ji Yeon’s nervous face.

“YAAAH!!”

The next few things happened pretty fast. Without warning, Minho walked into the hall through the entrance with his buddies playfully passing the ball around. Minho’s back was turned towards the heated situation as he received the ball from his friend who threw it rather forcefully. Minho did a sort of backwards jump to reach the ball and bumped into Key which resulted in a domino effect (3 dominos in total).

And BAM. With the push and the spilled drink on the floor, Key slipped and fell. If Taemin and Jonghyun's mounths dropped before, well they dropped lower this time.

“Yeobo…” Jonghyun froze.

“Umma…” Taemin squeeked.

Onew walked out of the room and into the hallway.

“Yah Minho, what took yo----Ohhh… did I miss something…” He stopped in his tracks and then slowly backed up into the room.

Key, upon falling, had grabbed onto Ji Yeon. He brought her down with him and as soon as Ji Yeon's body hit the floor, Key's lips were on hers.