A Crippled Confession

My Charming Key

This chapter is pretty long... XD


 

Ji Yeon noticed a different look in Key’s cat-like eyes: a new softness and sincerity. She blinked.

“…t-too close.”

Snapping out of his short daydream, Key was shocked to find himself just inches away from a face-to-face encounter—literally.

He jumped back suddenly and ended up falling off the edge of the bed, meeting the floor with a loud thud.

“Ow…”

Ji Yeon winced and mouthed ‘ouch’.

“…Are you okay?” Ji Yeon asked.

The way he looked at her made her feel slightly self concious.

Ji Yeon blinked and then lowered herself under the covers so she could lie down.

“I’m gonna take a nap.“ She closed her eyes, concentrating hard to fall asleep. 

She could hear Key as he stood up and brushed at his clothes.

She pressed her eyelids together as she waited for the sound of footsteps trailing away and the door opening to indicate his leave.

But she didn’t hear it.

There was a moment of silence.

 “I think I'm falling for you," she heard him whisper. “Is that okay with you?”

Ji Yeon froze. There was another long pause before those footsteps were heard trailing out of the room. 

-----

 

After school Ji Yeon headed to her locker. Though her step was a bit un-even she felt fine.

As she pulled out her bag and uniform someone approached her.

 “You must have felt like a princess being carried off like that, huh,” the girl sneered. Ji Yeon recognized the voice. “Don’t be too happy, he’s just nice like that.”

“Nice… like that? So that’s normal?” Ji Yeon asked.

“Of course it is. I would know, dontcha think?” Jessica titled her pretty head. “And besides, that’s nothing compared to our make out session the other day.”

Ji Yeon looked away and began making herself busy by plucking textbooks out and putting them into her bag like it was the most interesting thing she had done all day.

Jessica smirked. She knew she had won.

“His lips were so soft,” She added. “But you wouldn’t know.”

Ji Yeon kept away from any sort of eye contact. She would only appear smaller if she let Jessica see how affected she was by her words.

“ACTUALLY, she would.”

The voice almost made Ji Yeon jump.

Key walked up to them. “We make out like every day, isn’t that right Ji Yeon-ssi?” He put an arm around Ji Yeon and blinked angelically.

Jessica stood there speechless. She stared at Key and Ji Yeon’s skin-ship for a bit before scoffing.

“What, do I need to prove it to you?” Key placed his hand on Ji Yeon's waist and drew her closer to him.

Ji Yeon's eyes widened.

“No. You don’t.” Jessica snapped.

“Well, if you’re done here then I suggest you leave. Your eye liner is getting smudgy.”

Jessica put her hands on her face.

 “Oh, and please,” Key added as an after-thought, “don’t try to kiss me—or more like attack me again. I’ve never used so much soap and toothpaste in my life.”

Jessica looked like she had gotten slapped in the face. With one last glare at Key she stormed off.

* Am I seriously losing to that ?

---

 

“I’m sorry about that.” Key said, a puff of vapor escaping his lips as they walked down the front steps on the school. The day was nice in the morning but thick clouds formed up ahead and the air became cold.

“About what?” Ji Yeon asked.

*Wait, why am I apologizing...*

Ji Yeon watched him curiously.

"Oh, nothing." Key bit his lip.

*Tch," Ji Yeon rolled her eyes as she placed her foot on the edge next step, swiftly losing her balance.  

"Ahhhh!"

In barely a split second Key's eyes shot up and he quickly pulled Ji Yeon into his arms before gravity could claim her.

Ji Yeon swore she could have had a heart attack, but... *what is this... it's so warm...* Ji Yeon closed her eyes and took in its scent.

"Watch your step," Key's voice emanated. 

Ji Yeon realized the position she was in and her eyes widened. *I was smelling him! JI YEON!* She pushed herself away as fast as she could--

"Eeyyyahh!" 

"YAH, ARE YOU SUICIDAL?!"

Key grabbed her again before she could fall yet a second time.

*Ji Yeon, you pabouya!*

All of a sudden a cute little voice surfaced. “Ummaaa, what are you doing?” It was Taemin.

Taemin observed the two in their odd position. “Noona, is he bothering you? Because I can—“

Taemin stopped dead in mid-sentence as Key threw him a look.

He began laughing nervously. “Well… -Oh!” He jumped. ”Dance practice! I gotta go! Umma , don’t be late! Annyeong!” Taemin said and like a hyper-active squirrel he disappeared into the school.

“I swear they slip drugs into his banana milk or something,” Key muttered.

------

 

That night Annie had gotten a call from her parents. They missed her and wanted her to come home.

“You’ll be okay, Ji Yeonnie?” Annie asked after dragging her luggages down the front steps.

“I’ll be okay,” Ji Yeon replied, waving to Annie as her ride came. “Don’t worry!”

Her butler began loading the car.

“Bye, see you at school! And call me!” Annie got into the car and waved through the windows as the car drove away.

Ji Yeon walked back into the house. *Her parents miss her and want her home. How about my parents? What are they doing? Do they miss me?* Ji Yeon locked the door went to her room.

After finishing the mountain load of homework (that was assigned that particular day when she happened to miss most of her classes) she was hungry.

As she took out ingredients for kimbap she thought of Key. *’I think I'm falling for you. Is that okay with you?’* Why was he putting her into this position? Why was he being so nice to her? *Pabo. He’s just playing with you, Ji Yeon*, she told herself.

*What? Make out every day?!* Ji  Yeon aggressively pressed the rice onto the seaweeds sheet.

Suddenly she heard a knock at the door. She froze. *Visitor at this time? Or could it be… a serial killer?* She stood still, waiting. Maybe they’ll just leave. But the knock came again.

Gathering up her courage Ji Yeon grabbed a rolling pin from the cupboard and tiptoed to the front door. She peeked through the tiny see-hole. The image, though she couldn’t get a clear one, didn’t look dangerous. She stepped back and opened the door holding the rolling pin up just in case she was wrong.

Just when the door flung open, before her, stood an extremely good looking male. Jet black hair, milky white skin, wearing black skinny jeans and a black vest over a white top. The man beamed.

Ji Yeon’s eyes widened. “Oppa!”

 


 

Heyy!! Here's an update! I hope it was okay...

I've been pretty slow with updates lately because of school assignments, sorryy <33

Also, how did you get to the 'kiss' conclusion LOLOLOL

Ps. Thank you guys *lots of love* ^^ <3