Minho vs Key

My Charming Key

Key arrived at the popular Chosun shopping district: the location he was to meet Minho at.

 

It didn’t take long before he found Minho sitting on bench with his leg crossed over in front of the fountains.

 

Key made his way over.

 

“You’re late,” Minho said.

 

“You think I have as much free time as you?” Key replied as he leaned against a street light and put his hands into his coat pockets. “Get to the point. What do you want?”

 

Minho glanced meaningfully at Key, “Guess.”

 

Key’s eyes narrowed.

 

“Aren’t you curious about us?" Minho asked, "Ji Yeon and I.”

 

 

"Ji Yeon and you?" Key said, voice uneven.

 

Minho stood up from the bench and sighed.

 

“You weren't here to witness most of it, but you got a glimpse of it at the hotel."

 

Key’s eyes flashed now.

 

Minho took a few steps out into the open. “I didn’t even know what was happening, but suddenly she held onto me. She sounded so weak. Like she needed something—like she needed me,” he paused, “…and then she pushed her lips up against mine.”

 

Key’s eyes had averted strictly to the ground and he clenched his jaws. The sound of traffic was only evident for a short period before Minho continued his story.

 

“And what could I do right? I’m a man too. So after that I grabbed her hand and took her to my car and we—“

 

Minho’s sentence was suddenly cut short by a fist jammed into his face. He faltered back.

 

“Shut up!” Key hissed, “Ji Yeon would never do that.” His insides were were burning and boiling with rage. It didn’t happen. It couldn’t have happened. It was all lies!

 

Minho wiped his lip with the back of his hand.

 

“How would you know?” He retorted. “You weren’t here for five years. What would you know? You were gone for so long without even having the decency to let her know you were alive. Do you know how much she suffered because of you? –You don’t even know that! So how can you even imply that you know her?!” Minho threw a punch back at Key, sending him tumbling to the ground.

 

Key bit back the pain and in a moment he got to his feet and seized Minho’s collar.

 

“You don’t think I suffered too?! You think it was all fun and games and I could just do whatever I want all the time? I clearly didn’t have that option when I was there, and to add to it, all the information I ever got were from magazines. Magazines about your love life.” He fumed. “I trusted you, Minho! I trusted you as a friend. You knew I loved her—so—how could you?!” He pushed Minho into the street lamp.

 

Minho returned with grabbing Key by his coat and throwing a fist into his face. Key did the same, and threw him into the bench.

 

Neither of them would give in and every punch or shove-into-near-by-object was countered with another.

 

Soon enough they were exausted and fell onto their backs.

 

 

“I’ll never forgive you,” Key hissed in between breaths.

 

All that was heard from the two was the sound of heaving and sighing.

 

“Never.”

 

Then Minho let out a breathy laugh.

 

Key’s eyes shot to Minho.

 

“How dare you…”

 

“I was joking,” Minho said, breathing heavily. “Nothing happened between us.”

 

Key looked at him in bewilderment.

 

 “And she didn’t force that kiss on me—I kissed her."

 

“Then- why did you…?” 

 

“To piss you off,” Minho said plainly. “Then once you punched me, I’d have an excuse to punch you back twice as hard—something I’ve been wanting to do for a while.”

 

Key layed his back down onto the bare ground.

 

“She still likes you,” Minho added, which took Key by surprise. “Every time your name is mentioned her eyes light up differently.”

 

A smile broke out on Key’s face—and soon a grin.

 

“Really…?"

 

 

He nudged Minho with his fist.

--

 

“Welcome,” Ji Yeon greeted the guests as they made their way through the entrance of the hall. The manager had hired an interior decorator earlier that day and the hall looked pretty nice considering the last-minute preparations.

 

Ji Yeon wasn’t given much of an explanation when she arrived at work that day--except that some company was holding a convention of some sort and that she had to greet the guests as they came in. Apparently the host was filthy rich and pretty well-known too, so if all went well, most likely their hotel would get a good name.

 

However, she was still curious.

 

“Psst.” She nudged her co worker when no one was entering at the moment. “Who’s this thing even for?” she whispered.

 

“It’s hosted by the head of Kim Enterprises.” The girl whispered back.

 

“Oh, okay.”

 

“Don’t worry, you’re not the only one who wasn’t informed. Most of the staff didn’t know until today too. It was a last-minute thing.”

 

Ji Yeon nodded and continued to smile at the guests as they came in. After a while she noticed some important-looking middle-aged men walking into the hotel.

 

*He looks really familiar…* Ji Yeon thought as the men made their way across the lobby and towards the hall. Had she seen him somewhere before?

 

Then that man looked over at her and their eyes met. Ji Yeon suddenly felt a rush of anxiety and she immedietly froze.

 

It had hit her.

 

Of course… Kim Enterprises…

 

This was hosted by Key’s dad.

 

Mr.Kim’s sharp eyes stayed locked with Ji Yeon’s for only a moment before his attention was diverted.

 

“Hey, it’s the host,” Ji Yeon’s co-worker pointed out. “We can go get the drinks now.”

 

Ji Yeon nodded and followed her.

 

--

 

 

*I must have done something terrible in my past life to deserve this* Ji Yeon thought as she set the glasses face down on the tray. After she finished placing the bottle of drinks in buckets of ice she turned around and spotted Annie in the crowd.

 

“Ji Yeonnie!” Annie called out when she caught sight of her. “Oh my gosh, you look so cute in your little uniform! Let me see…” Annie stopped in front of Ji Yeon to do a thorough eye-sweep over Ji Yeon’s outfit. Not long after Onew appeared making his way through the crowd trying to keep up with Annie. He was followed by Jonghyun and Taemin.

 

“Ayo!” Jonghyun held up his hand.

 

“Noona neomu yeppeo,” Taemin sang as he emerged semi-dramatically (almost knocking over a lady as he flung his arms out for effect).

 

“This has got to be the cutest thing I’ve ever seen you wear.” Annie concluded, as the rest of the guys gathered around.

 

“Quite so. Rather spiffy I dare think. What say you, Taemin?” Jonghyun swiveled his glass as he looked over at Taemin.

 

“Hear, hear!” Taemin raised his glass. Jonghyun clinked it with his and they both drank.

 

Onew looked at them with a hint disguest before slowly looking away.

 

“What are you guys doing here?” Ji Yeon asked, surprised at their sudden appearance.

 

“Psh, what are we doing here? We were invited obviously. We couldn’t miss Key’s big day,” Jonghyun replied.

 

“We were gonna tell you but we figured you’d already be here,” Taemin added with a smile.

 

“Did you meet him?” Onew asked.

 

Ji Yeon nodded iffly.

 

“Things going well?” Taemin asked with a grin.

 

Ji Yeon flushed red.

 

“Ayy, you’re blushing. What does this mean?” Jonghyun looked at her smugly.

 

Ji Yeon gave them a stern look. “There’s nothing between us.”

 

“But you’re blushing!” Jonghyun persisted.

 

“Yah, dinosaur. Didn’t you hear her?” Annie said. “There’s nothing.”

 

“Ohhh-kay, calm down, no need to go all pms,” Jonghyun muttered the last bit.

 

“Yah,” Onew snapped, giving Jonghyun a piercing glare. “Watch how you speak to my Annie.”

 

Your Annie?" Jonghyun folded his arms. "Tch."

 

Annie blushed and looked shyly at Onew, who looked rather proud of himself.

 

All of a sudden the microphone and everyone looked to see Mr. Kim on stage in front of the podium.

 

“I’m very pleased to see everyone here this evening,” he said, his voice booming from the speakers on all corners of the room. “My son is running a bit late unfortunately. It’s his first day in office and I believe he’s already become a work-a-holic.”

 

A few laughs came from the dispersed guests.

 

“To begin, I’d like to reveal the purpose of this evening. It is to celebrate a number of things. The re-opening of Kim Enterprises in Korea," he paused for a moment as the audience applauded, "and the merging of two corporations: Kim Enterprises and Sesung Company!” Mr Kim gestured to his side and everyone applauded as the owner of the Sesung Company walked onto the stage smiling at the crowd. After shaking hands with the Mr. Sesung, Mr.Kim continued his speech.

 

 “The third purpose of this party,” Mr. Kim began.

 

At this moment the doors to the hall swung open. Everyone turned around to see both Minho and Key at the entrance looking a bit worn out due to minor injuries on their faces and the fact that they looked like they ran all the way here. But at least their hair was jelled back nicely.

 

“Ah, so he has arrived,” Mr. Kim said. “I’m glad you made it, son. I will now announce the third significance of this evening,” He spoke to the audience. “It is to celebrate my only son in becoming a man as he is to wed the owner of the Sesung Company’s only daughter and take over the company.”

 

At this the crowd erupted in cheers and applause.

 

“Come on up!” Mr. Kim called out.

 

Soyeon made her onto the stage shyly.

 

Annie’s jaw dropped. “What is going on?” She looked at Ji Yeon who was speechless herself.

 

“Woah. We never heard about this,” Jonghyun said.

 

Ji Yeon watched it all as Soyeon bowed politely to Mr. Kim who grinned with approvement and patted her on the shoulder.

 

She couldn’t help but feel hurt.

 

The people cheered even more as Key began making his way through the crowd and towards the stage.

 

Ji Yeon’s insides churned and twisted uncomfortably. What was she even doing here? She felt like her presence was an intrusion. She needed to get out of here as soon as possible.

 

Ji Yeon was set on leaving and was about to take her first step when she noticed that all eyes were on her.

 

She also noticed that the room had suddenly become rather quiet.

 

She glanced around nervously. Why was everyone looking at her? Maybe they’re looking at someone behind her? Just as she finished the thought someone grabbed her by the hand and turned her around.

 

Key was standing there looking out of breath as he held her hand, his eyes fixed on her. It was dead silent.

 

“Come with me," he said, and pulled her passed the astonished guests, to the entrance and out.

 

“Testing, testing, Ah, Ah. One, two, three,” Minho spoke into the microphone. Everyone’s attention was once again diverted to the stage.

 

“I’m sorry I’m late, Dad--and everyone.” Minho gave polite head-bows to Mr. Kim, Mr. Sesung, and Soyeon—all of whom were too puzzled by his act to speak as they wondered who the heck he was and what he was doing posing as Mr. Kim's son. 

 

“Work had gotten a hold of me," Minho said. "I’m very happy everyone made it here today to celebrate the re-furnishing of our company. I hope you continue to enjoy yourselves and thank you for coming here tonight.” He smiled at the crowd and they all applauded for him before dispersing around the hall area to continue to socialize.

 

 

 

--

 

“Key, what is going on?!” Ji Yeon said as Key pulled her outside into the chilly night air in front of the hotel.

 

He suddenly stopped in his tracks,  Without warning, he turned around and pulled her into an embrace. 

 

Ji Yeon's eyes widened from the contact.

 

“I love you. I Love you Ji Yeon."


 

 

wooo, second last chap! we're almost done guys! ^^

<3