I’m A Man

My Charming Key

"You lied! oh my god, you jerk face! I can't believe I fell for your stupid act!" Ji Yeon whipped the slipper off her foot and raised it. 

"N-no, Ji Yeon - not with that! I don't know where it's been!" Key shielded his face with his hands.

"You're so dead!" 

Key winced, but just as Ji Yeon was stepping forward, she slipped on the glue container on the floor. 

"Ji Yeon!" Key's eyes shot up, and he caught her just before she fell. 

"Are you okay?!" He asked, worry creasing his brow and eyes over-flowing with concern.

Ji Yeon looked up at him, speechless. Did he just save her after she tried to practically tried to kill him? A streak of blush burned her cheeks.

Key noticed her red face and laughed. “Look who’s sick, now. Wandering around with strange people in the cold—I wouldn’t expect anything less." A smirk played on his lips. "Come on Jeonnie, we need to get you to sleep!”

‘Jeonnie’?

Key scooped Ji Yeon up into his arms in one smooth motion, and made his way to the staircase and up.

“This is yours?” He asked as they got to her room.

Ji Yeon nodded, barely able to speak. *What's going on? Why is he carrying me? this is totally unnecessary!*

Key gently tapped the door open with his foot and laid Ji Yeon down onto the familiar warmth and softness of her springy bed.

He took his scarf off and wrapped it around Ji Yeon’s neck, tucking her into bed.

“Ki Bum-ah,” Ji Yeon said.

“Shhhh…” Key grazed his finger over her lips. “Just sleep.”

He knelt down beside her bed, resting his arms on its edge and gazed adoringly at her, eyes twinkling and lips forming a warm smile that would have sent shivers down anyone's spine.

He supressed the urge to laugh. *By the look on her face, she's definitely falling for me*

Ji Yeon gulped. Could he not watch her sleep? Was it awkward, uncomfortable? She didn't know. But sleeping had never been so difficult.

Ji Yeon pressed her eyelids together. She had to relax… calm… think happy thoughts…

 

-----

“Ji Yeon, UP!” A voice she recognized as Annie's called out from behind her door.

Ji Yeon slowly got up (less resentful than usual) and pried open her eyes. Her neck felt strangely warm. That's when she remembered: Key’s scarf.

She looked around the room, eyes searching searching for a tousle-haired man with soft milky skin.

Said man was nowhere to be found.

Ji Yeon sighed. What was she expecting? The snow probably cleared up. Of course he's gone. She gazed longingly out her window.

Well, just another day. She grabbed her uniform and swinging her towel over her shoulder, dragged herself to the bathroom.

Yawning, she lazily turned the knob and swung open the door.

“YAH!”

Key jumped back and covered himself with his arms. “DO YOU MIND?” Search no more, Key was standing in her bathroom, shirt off, and in the middle of un-doing his belt.

Ji Yeon quickly whipped the door shut.

“I SWEAR I DIDN’T SEE ANYTHING!” She yelled from the outside.

“What if I was doing something else? You just don't walk in when someone's in the bathroom!” 

“How was I supposed to know? You're supposed to lock it!”

No reply.

“And can you hurry up? I need to shower!”

Seriously Key.... f-f-first thing in the morning…

-----

“You’re wearing that?” Ji Yeon asked, eyeing Key's (un-uniformed) black top, trench coat, and white skinnies from yesterday, as they walked to school. The air was chilly but at least the snow cleared making the walk not too difficult. Annie skipped behind them, keeping her distance.

“Yeah, unless you’re going to lend me your uniform.”

 “Right. I’m sure these frills, laces, --and especially this skirt will look lovely on you,” Ji Yeon said.

“You’re just jealous I’d probably pull it off better than you,” Key retorted, a playful purpose laced in his tone. "But I'm kidding, I think -"

 “--That’s nothing to be proud of, that is, if you’re even a man."

Key's mouth dropped. “I AM A MAN,” he declared.

Ji Yeon laughed. "Okay..." she said, skipping ahead, "you don't even have abs..." 

“I do!” Key exclaimed, “ –LOOK!” He whipped his shirt up.

“Woah, woah, Ki Bum! What are you doing exposing yourself first thing in the morning?!” Jonghyun suddenly appeared on the same lane as them with Onew and Taemin following closely behind (kicking left over snow at each other like little school boys).

“Onew!” Annie exclaimed, running after the little crowd. She scooted in between Taemin and Onew and pulled out a notebook. “Can you help me with this?! I never really understood it!” She grinned excitedly, pointing to some random question on the page.

“This? Oh sure, it’s really easy,” Onew replied as they walked ahead.

Jonghyun approached Key shaking his head and sighed disaprovingly. “How many times have I told you not to strip in public?”

“You never…“

“Sorry Ji Yeon, we should have kept him at home. He doesn’t know how to behave in public.”  Jonghyun shot Key a side glance. “Come on Taemin, let’s take him.”

Taemin rushed over in his fluffy yellow coat and grabbed Key’s arms while Jonghyun grappled him by the collar.

“Y-yah, what do you think you’re doing?” Key demanded, voice rising with every syllable.

“We’ll take care of him, Noona!” Taemin grinned, and together with Jonghyun, they dragged a struggling Key across campus.

Ji Yeon laughed, amused at the show Jonghyun and Taemin put on, and putting her hands in her coat pocket, she skipped passed the Academy gates humming delightfully to herself.

A black limosine drove onto campus and Jane froze when it parked right in front of her. 

She just stood there awkwardly, not to sure whether she was supposed to continue walking like the parking choice was completely normal or stay in her spot, waiting for something.

The limosine door suddenly opened and a pair of feet made their appearance.

Ji Yeon watched as Jessica stepped out of the expensive vehicle and walked towards her.

"Heyy," Jessica greeted pleasantly. "Ji Yeon, is it?"

Ji Yeon returned the greeting and nodded. "Yeah."

Ji Yeon and Jessica shared small talk as they walked.

As they came to the stairs, Jessica looked at Ji Yeon more sternly in the eye.

"If you don't mind me asking," she uttered. "What's your relationship with Ki Bum?"

"Um, we're just..."

"Friends?" Jessica interjected.

"Uhh, yeah..."

"Great. Can I ask you a favor?"

"Yeah, sure." Ji Yeon was feeling a bit uncomfortable.

"Stay away from him," Jessica said, and walked away.


Can't be helped. Ji Yeon and Jessica were fated to encounter XD

This chapter... not near to perfect but hope you were able to bear with me ^^

Yeah. I can't stop with those random details. I try but... it's just tempting... T___T'♥♥♥ *ScarletWounds lol (lots of love) :D And Yeah I know, Key is a sly kitty--- AND I absolutely agree with everything else you said LOLOLOL --And just, thank you so much! ^^

LOL Sokomori, Ji Yeon DID... sort of... kick his ... in a spazzy-slipper-smashing-fail-attempt-sort of-way XD keke... Great guessing keke ;)♥

and @banapple195: I'm SO happy you like it!! <333 Ahhhhh~~ You're soo sweet oh my gosh @_@♥

THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT ♥ Love you all, mwah! :D