Minho’s Course of Action

My Charming Key

"Minho!" 

What is he doing here?! Aishh, and I look like a mess! Ji Yeon fidgeted with her work clothes and bandana. Minho stood there, bright eyed, and beautiful with a bouquet of roses clasped in his hands.

For me...? Her mind couldn't comprehend the current situation. Minho... at my house... roses... it's snowing... Ji Yeon stood there motionless for a second --Oh!

"D-did you want to come in? You must be freezing! Here.” She held the door open. Get a grip Ji Yeon!

Minho frivolously shook his head. He peered into the house and saw Annie beating dust out of the couch cushions.

"Annie-sshi!" He called out.

Annie looked up from her work appearing mafia-like brandishing a cushion in one hand and a base ball bat in the other. Minho nearly jumped out of his skin.

“Oh, annyeong!” Annie exclaimed brightly, waving her bat around dangerously.

“C-can I borrow Ji Yeon for a bit?” Minho asked, slightly nervous.

“Of course you may!” Annie dropped her articles and walked over to the front door and with a 'WHAM', she shut the door.

“Annie! What are you doing?!” Ji Yeon hissed.

“Getting you ready.”

 

In just a brief moment the door re-opened to produce a Minho leaning on the railing and looking slightly vexed as he just had the door slammed in his face.

“Here you are!” Annie pushed a newly made-up Ji Yeon towards the door. "Have fun kids! Oh, and I'll put this in water for you Ji Yeonnie!" Annie removed the roses from Minho's long fingers and scurried to the kitchen.

Minho no longer looked disappointed as Ji Yeon stepped down in her new attire: a soft pink buttoned coat, knee boots, a white beanie, and a thick wool scarf. Ji Yeon, you should dress like this more often.

Without warning, he grabbed her hand and pulled her down the steps and towards the front gate.

"Y-y-yah! Slow down! I haven't got used to these boots yet! Aish---ANNIE I'LL BE BACK!"

Minho laughed and ran onto the road with her, still holding onto her hand. 

"What's the occasion? Where are we going?!” Ji Yeon exclaimed, running trying to keep up with Minho as he guided her hand.

“I know a good café near here,” Minho replied beaming, “Jonghyun used to work there. Though I don’t know how he even managed to keep a food-related job for over a week.” He added sprightly.

“I hear he’s worse than Taemin,” Ji Yeon stated, for kicks.

“Oh yeah, he can barely make toast without endangering the wildlife.” Minho grinned and slowed down. He glanced over to Ji Yeon, whose hand was still in his. She was silently laughing with her free hand over , glitter seeming to radiate off her twinkling eyes.

I don’t want to see that smile disappear.

The grin faded from his lips. His surroundings became only a background and he barely felt the cold flakes of snow that hit his face.

…If Ji Yeon’s going to get hurt because of you, Ki Bum, I won’t hold back.

I’ll make her mine.

...

"Minho…?" Ji Yeon looked up at Minho's zoned-out face.

"Huh? Oh, come on!" He smiled again and pulled Ji Yeon into a run with him.

“THESE SHOES AREN’T MADE FOR RUNNING!”

The two teared down the road hectically creating two pairs of imprints in the un-touched sheets of white. While, little did they know, an agitated man had his feline-like eyes on them.

“Holding… hands… and going out… Minho…” Key gritted his teeth as he watched them run off.

He clicked his tongue irritably. “And Flowers? …You cheesy bastard.”

-------

“One Americana please,” Ji Yeon requested as the waiter came around. She sat down with Minho at a cornered table beside the window.

“I’ll take the same,” Minho told the waiter.

Ji Yeon and Minho conversed lightly for a couple of minutes while waiting for their drinks. It came in just a few minutes and they ordered a few desserts to accompany.

Minho looked out the window. "Hey, that coat looks familiar." He pointed unsurely to a man crouching behind the telephone pole in a diesel trench coat. The man also had on large sunglasses and a scarf covering half his face.

Minho and Ji Yeon slowly looked at each other questionably. "A bit too familiar...."

They watched as the guy in the suspicious clothing ninja'd his way to the telephone booth in front of Ji Yeon and Minho's window pretending to make a phone call.

Minho sighed and shook his head.

Key, what in god's name are you up to? Ji Yeon had wanted to see Key since he had left her to give Jessica a tour around the school, but... not now… not when she was out with Minho like this... How did he even know where they were? Was he… spying on them?

"He'd make a horrible detective wouldn't he?" Minho asked casually as he took a sip of his Americano.

"Agreed." Ji Yeon replied indifferently. They exchanged looks and stifled laughs.

"Should we invite him in?" Ji Yeon asked.

"No." Minho replied. "Let's just... leave him. He’ll get bored.”

 

Half way into their cups, they began joking and laughing almost hysterically—getting high off caffeine and sugar.

“So, so, what do you call a nun that sleep-walks?” Minho bit his lip, trying to stop himself from laughing.

“Um… oh god, a sleep-walking nun?  No clue.” Ji Yeon sat back waiting for Minho’s answer.

“A roaming Catholic!” Minho burst into laughter, followed by Ji Yeon shortly after she discovered the lame pun.

"Oh HAHAHAHA, THAT WAS PUNNY!" Ji Yeon pointed at Minho, laughing. “Here, I have one!” Ji Yeon raised her mug. “What did the ocean say to the sea?”

“Mmm… I ‘sea’ you…” Minho chuckled at his own pun. “I don’t know, what?”

“Nothing.” Ji Yeon sputtered. “It just waved.” They both fell back into their seats clapping their hands and laughing uncontrollably.

Key watched from outside shivering and staring intently at them from behind the telephone pole. "Minho..." Key said, clenching his jaws. "This is how you wanna play huh?"

 

Ji Yeon and Minho continued cracking up over extremely lame jokes. funny stories, and random remarks as they asked for refills and tasted bits of their dessert.

Before they knew it the sun began to set and in a short time they were calming down again.

"Ohh, so full, did you try this?" Ji Yeon asked a bit more soberly as she pointed to the half eaten piece of chocolate cake. 

Minho shook his head. "Too much... coach is going to kill me." He rubbed his tummy.

Ji Yeon looked outside. It was getting dark and… where’s Key?

“He’s gone.” Ji Yeon pointed out.

“He’s probably back at the dorm now.” Minho replied.

He stared at Ji Yeon, making her cheeks turn a light shade of pink.

"Ji Yeon," He said sternly, not lifting his gaze. "Wanna start dating?"

"HEH?!" Ji Yeon nearly dropped the mug in her hands but caught it by last-second reflexes. "A-a-a..." She tried forming words... but no avail.

Minho, chuckled and looked away. "No worries..." He motioned to the waiter. “May I have the bill please?”

------

They walked back to Ji Yeon's house. It was pitch black outside and they said their goodbyes.

“Thanks Minho! I had a great time.” Ji Yeon waved gently from front door.

“If you ever need to get out, give me a call.” He gestured a phone with his hands and smiled.

Ji Yeon laughed. “Annyeong!”

“Good night!”

Ji Yeon waved one last time before closing the door.

 

It was only three minutes before the door bell rang again. *Ding Dong*

Minho? Did he forget something? Ji Yeon thought and made her way to the door.

Ji Yeon opened the door to find a cat-like creature at her doorstep in a diesel trench coat looking dreadful and holding a tub of cookies and cream ice cream.

The man looked at what Ji Yeon was wearing. You dress this cute to go out with Minho?

He  groaned painfully.

“KEY! Are you okay? What’s wrong?!” Ji Yeon cried, her eyes bulging out.

“Ji Yeon… “Key said faintly. “Hurts… ugh…“ He coughed and clenched his stomach. “Here,” he added softly, handing Ji Yeon the tub of ice cream and collapsed to the floor.


Snow flowers and dates, oh my!<--- which was going to be the original title of this chap. But I rather like 'Minho's course of Action' ;)

I missed writing! Sorry for the delay; been out a lot lately. So many people hosting barbeques at this time of year XD

I'd really like to thank Sokomori and akaonim! Even at the boring-est updates you guys never failed to comment. They really gave me motivation at my 'writer block' moments. 

To the commentors and readers: I LOVE YOU TO BITS~! I really can't thank you guys enough <33

I love you all, you know that right? :)♥ ALL. That's right, you, YOU ♥