Annie and Her Plot

My Charming Key

JI Yeon'S POV:

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. I blindly felt around for my alarm and shut it off. Thoughts of yesterday began pouring into my head. It felt like a dream for a moment. Detention. Key. Did all that just happen? 

I pried opened my eyes and immedietly felt the bright rays of light penetrate my pupils.

Pulling myself out of bed, I impulsively made for the washroom with a towel and my uniform.

 

After washing up and changing I made my way downstairs. As I reached the bottom I heard  my ringtone go off.

I pulled my phone out from my track pockets and checked the caller ID.

It was Annie.

I thought she hated me. Why is she calling now?  I punched the little green button.

"Hello?" I said sternly.

"Hi Ji Yeon, it's Annie."

"hi...."

"I'm sorry..."

Yeah, I thought so...

"I'm really sorry Ji Yeonnie! I know you're going to kill me--Just... don't be too surprised when you get to school okay?" She said and hung up.

"-what? Hello?!" I sighed and put my phone away. What's going on in that factory mind of hers?

 

I entered the kitchen greeted with the lovely and warming smell of fresh fried-eggs, toast, and something else. Oh, it's kimchi. My parents are so patriotic. I stifled a laugh as I went over and sat down with my petrified family members. They had all stopped eating and were looking at me as if I had come back from the dead.

"Ji Yeon-ah, are you okay?" My mom rushed towards me and put her had on my forehead.

"P-princess..." My dad quickly got up and pulled out a chair. "C-come sit down." 

I really need to wake up earlier more often.

 

I was just eating my way into my scrambled eggs when my dad spoke up.

"Well, since we're all here I'll tell you all now," He began, squaring his shoulders and acting fatherly. "They've assigned me a two-week business trip... to Thailand!" He practically squealed the last part. "It'll be half business and half vacation, and they said I can take my family with me."

"Omo! Really? That's great news!" My mom exclaimed.

"APPA~!!" I cried out, ready to give him a big hug. "Cheongmal? I've always wanted to go to Thailand!"

No sooner had the words left my mouth than the smile slowly faded from my dad's face and he looked at me anxiously, seeming at war with himself as if he just made a big mistake of telling me.

"Ahaha... yeh. Umm well you see Ji Yeon..." My dad awkwardly cleared his throat. "I'm afraid you'll have to stay behind. You still have school."

"HUH? B-but Appa!  You can't just--how about Saeyeon? She has school!"

"She's in elementary school. Missing two weeks isn't a big deal. But if you miss two weeks, I'm afraid you'll be very behind and I don't want that. I'm sorry Princess, you can't go."

"Yay Thailand!" Saeyeon wiggled in her seat happily.

"Appa..." I lost my apetite. How can they go and leave ME behind?! ...SO UNFAIR. I huffed and began stabbing the eggs with my fork.

"Speaking of school," my dad spoke again. "Your teacher called earlier this morning."

I dropped my fork. Oh no. I thought back to those stupid guys who sat beside me and FRAMED me with those stupid magazines. Ohhh I should have slapped them silly... Gyeah... okay  deep breath, compose yourself, Appa's speaking to you. I mentally boosted myself; come on Ji Yeon! Fighting! Okay.

"AHAHAHA!" I randomly burst out into laughter. "Really? That's so nice of her!" I exclaimed a bit too excitedly. 

...I really don't know where I'm going with this...

My dad looken taken aback.

"What did she say?" I asked delightfully. "Anything... unusual?"

"What unusual things are we talking about?" He eyed me curiously.

So, he doesn't know?! I felt my heart ease in. Oh thank god... Mrs. Kwon, I might not actually hate you.

"N-nothing!" I laughed once more and quickly gulped down my toast, wiped my mouth, and headed to the door with my school bag. "Goodbye!"


 

*Ding Dong* *Ding Dong* The bell's chime echoed in the hallways.

Clutching the handles of my bag I swished through the crowds of people. It was relatively lively today. The ceiling was lit a bright blue and pink and large posters were hung up on the walls.  'KBS Academy's Annual Historical Ball,' was imprinted all over the posters in sparkly gold letters.

"Ji Yeon-shi!" I heard my name and looked up. Jonghyun, surrounding by girls and a few guys, was on the far end of the hall waving his arms excitedly. So all that yesterday...It wasn't a dream. Hah!

"Annyeonhasaeyo!" I waved back brightly.

"Ji Yeon!" Next to Jonghyun was Key. "It was a long night huh!" He yelled across the hall, flashing a smile.

The girls around him looked from Key to me with looks of disgust.

"Oppa, what are you talking about?"

"You were with her?"

I slapped my hand on my forehead. Is he trying to make everyone hate me or something? I'm just gonna go...

Unknowingly, I was already being carried away by the crowds of people. This hallway especially, was one of the slimmer ones.

 

I finally made it to the west end of the Academy; where my locker was.

"Oh my god, did you hear about Yuri?" I heard a girl next to me say. Yuri... that's Key's history partner isn't it? The clingy one...

"Yeah, I heard she got food poisoning!"

"Probably, because apparently she has serious washroom issues."

"Ohh god. Diarhea?"

"Yeah. The extreme kind... she'll be in the hospital for a while."

"Oh man, that must ."

Just as they were speaking Annie shot up from behind me.

"Ji Yeon!"

I turned to look at her but made no expression. Now she's all nice to me? Shuh.

"Ji Yeonnie... I know I have some explaining to do." She pouted and looked at me bashfully.

"Well then, get to it." I folded my arms.

"First, did you by chance over-hear anything?"

"Uhh, no... -wait yes." I lowered my voice into a whisper."Food poisoning?"

"Well... It wasn't actually food poisoning per-say..."

"WAIT! YOU?!---"

"Hey-SHUSSSHHHH!" She put a hand over my mouth. "Look, I did it for you."

"borbwe?" My voice was muffled behind ber hand. I grabbed it off. "How was that for me?!"

"Well, it was for me too, hehe..."

"I don't get it."

Annie sighed. "Alright I'll explain. Just... don't kill me."