Marry Me

My Charming Key

listen to this if you would like ^^ : http://www.youtube.com/watchv=vprG8UF8W_4&feature=youtu.be

 


 

Key held her at an arm’s length.

 

“Ji Yeon, will you marry me?”

 

Those words took Ji Yeon by surprise, but Key's gaze was unyielding. “I’ve already made my decision,” he said, “so if I have to wait for you, I will. As long as it takes, I’ll wait.”

 

Ji Yeon stared at Key’s dark, brown eyes for moment longer. Her heart was pounding uncontrollably; she missed him. It was a long minute before Ji Yeon sprang up and wrapped her arms around Key's neck.

 

“Yes!” She exclaimed softly.

 

A smile pulled at Key's lips. Then he remembered what he had kept in his pocket. He reached down into it and pulled out a silvery chain necklace. 

 

Ji Yeon felt the cool chain against her collar bone as Key leaned in to attach it behind her neck.

 

“I chose it two years ago but I never had the chance to give it to you."

 

 

Ji Yeon looked down at the the glittery jewel around the chain. *wow, it’s so pretty.*

 

“I think it suits you,” Key said, observing the necklace on her. "Now you'll always have me around your neck." 

 

Ji Yeon laughed. The jewel was cat-shaped. 

 

Then suddenly it came to her.

 

“Ah, Key—your dad. How are we going to get him to break off the agreement with Sesung?” 

 

“Don’t worry about my dad, I know exactly what to do."

 

“What?”

 

“It’s a father-son thing, you'll see” Key said with a grin.

 

--

 

The next morning Ji Yeon and Key arrived at the Kim mansion owned by Kibum’s grandmother.

 

“It might be better if you wait in the car,” Key said. “My dad can be a bit rude.”

 

Ji yeon shook her head. “I’m going with you. I can’t hide from him forever.”

 

Key reluctantly nodded. "Okay."

 

After the first ring, the door was opened by the house butler.

 

“Kibum!” The butler exclaimed immedietly. “This isn’t a good time, your father is having tea with the Sesung company’s head and he seems ready to throw tantum any minute now.”

 

“I have to see him,” Key said firmly.

 

The butler caught sight of Ji Yeon. *Oh no… it's the girl.* 

 

He sighed. “Okay, but, be careful about what you say,” he said reluctantly.

 

“Of course.”

 

--

 

“Mr. Kim, your son is here.”

 

“Let him in,” Mr. Kim growled from the other side of the door.

 

Key walked in.

 

“Ah there he is,” Mr. Kim announced as he sat facing Mr.Sesung on one end of the coffee table. “Son, explain to Mr. Sesung how you left last night because of an important business call.”

 

Mr. Sesung had his sharp eyes on turned towards Key.

 

“Mr. Sesung,” Key said sternly. “I cannot marry your daughter.”

 

 

Ji Yeon gulped from behind the door at Key's impressive skill of getting to the point.

 

Mr. Kim’s eyes grew twice their size. “WHAT?!” He stood up. “What are you talking about? Of course you can. Explain last night how-“

 

“-But we’ve already agreed, have we not?” Mr. Sesung cut in, “The merging of our companies relies on your marriage with my daughter.”

 

“I’m sorry, that can’t happen,” Key said.

 

“WHY NOT?” Mr. Kim boomed.

 

“Because…” Key grabbed Ji Yeon’s hand and pulled her out from behind the door. Ji Yeon stood nervously beside Key as Key laced his fingers through hers and held on tightly.

 

“Because I'm marrying Ji Yeon.” Key announced. 

 

"What-how can you-?" Mr. Kim fumed.

 

"-And she's pregnant," Key cut in. 

 

The entire room went silent for a few long seconds as they all stared with disbelief at Ji Yeon’s tummy. Ji Yeon looked awestruckly at Key. *Yah...*

 

“WHAT?!” Mr. Kim exclaimed, his voice hitting a rather high note.

 

“Dad, I really don’t think you should yell like that, your future grandson will feel uncomfortable.”

 

“Someone… grab me my warm towel…” Mr. Kim fell back into his arm chair looking slightly dizzy.

 

“Coming right up, sir!” The butler left in haste.

 

“I’m sorry to be the one to break the agreement between you and my father, but I really don’t think we can’t support each other just because we’re not blood-related,” Key said to Mr.Sesung. “If you really don’t trust us we can merg through contract. Truth be be told, sir, If we work together we both will have more opportunities for future endeavors, and our company will only enhance yours. It’s a win-win situation. I really think you should consider it even without the marriage.”

 

The seemingly natural frown plastered on Mr.Sesung’s face seemed to have faded a bit, but before he could speak  a voice from outside got their attention. 

 

“Where’s my dad? I need to see him.” It was Soyeon’s voice.

 

Within seconds the door burst open and in walked Soyeon hauling someone by the hand.

 

“Appa, I can’t go on with this marriage. I’m in love with him.”

 

Ji Yeon and Key looked back to see Minho attached the end of Soyeon’s grip. He had a worried expression on his face.

 

“Soyeon… I thought you said we were going to see our old playground,” Minho whispered “and wasn’t Taemin coming?”

 

“Appa, this is Minho, you remember him, don’t you?” We went to elementary school together. He came all the way to our house to return my earrings that one day.”

 

Key looked at Minho quizzically. “Wasn’t that Jonghyun?” He mumbled.

 

Minho pursed his lips and nodded.

 

“And he saved me from that flying baseball. I owe my life to him, Appa.”

 

“Ah… that was me,” Minho nodded slowly.

 

“Soyeon, are you sure about this? You seemed so excited when I said you’d marry Mr. Kim’s son.”

 

“I was…” Soyeon said truthfully, “but I’ve realized that Minho, my first love, is the one I really want to be with and the one I truly love.”

 

Mr. Sesung sighed and looked over at Mr. Kim who was now staring blankly at everything.

 

“Well… since Key’s girl is pregnant…“

 

Minho looked at Ji Yeon and then at Key with wide eyes. *KI BUM, ALREADY?*

 

Key squared his shoulders and cleared his throat.

 

“It seems there really isn’t anything we can do. I call this engagement off,” Mr. Sesung announced.

 

“Thank you, Appa!” Soyeon exclaimed happily. She turned around to Minho with a big grin on her face.

 

“And, Kibum, don’t forget to visit me so we can discuss future plans for our companies.” Mr. Sesung smiled warmly.

 

Key smiled and nodded. “I would love to.”

 

Mr. Kim made eye contact with his son. He sighed and nodded his head at him before looking away.

 

Ji Yeon watched them curiously.

 

*Men.*

--

 

“Key, What do we do?!” Ji Yeon exclaimed as soon as they got back to the car. “In just a few weeks they’re going to figure out I’m not actually pregnant and then all this will go away!”

 

Key calmly buckled in his seat belt, checked the doors, windows, and his rear-view mirror.

 

“I don’t know, what do you think?” He said nonchalantly as he adjusted himself comfortable into the seat.

 

“Key, this isn’t a joke—did you see the way your dad looked at me when I walked in? Key—“

 

 

“It's simple," Key said.

 

 

"How?" Ji Yeon looked at him with wide, curious eyes.

 

 

"We make a baby. "

 

 

Ji Yeon could see the twinkle in Key's eyes. She slowly took a deep breath as she turned her head towards the window, blankly absorbing that odd statement.

 

 

Key leaned back into his seat and smiled whistfully as he inserted the key into the ignition. He looked over at Ji Yeon, who was busy admiring the parking lot.

 

“Let’s go for twins,” Key said with a flash of his pearly whites and then started the engine.

 

--

 

4 and ½ years later.

 

--

“Are they asleep?” Key whispered from the doorway.

 

 

Ji Yeon held a finger to her lips as she looked at Key urgently. Key quietly tip-toed away from his childrens’ bedroom.

 

Ji Yeon wrapped the blanket over baby Hana and Luhan, and after kissing them both lightly on the forehead, she quietly slipped out of the room.

 

As she turned around she felt something pull her by the waist. She yelped but her voice was muffled by Key’s fingers to her lips.

 

“Shh… you’ll wake them up,” Key whispered. Ji Yeon nodded and slowly began to breathe comfortably again.

 

Key looked at Ji Yeon from under his post-shower bangs.

 

 

“Shall we…?” He nodded his head down the hall to their bed room.

 

Ji Yeon smiled and nodded. 

 

But just before they could take another step, they heard the sound of little pitter-pattering footsteps making their way out of the kitchen. They both looked at each other and then back down the hall.

 

"Minji-ah!" Key exclaimed softly.

 

"Appa," Minji responded as she stood there staring at Key and Ji Yeon with round eyes.

 

"Aigoo, aren't you supposed to be in bed, young lady?"

 

"I was just getting a glass of water," little Minji replied smartly and made her way to her room. 

 

"Good night, Minji-ah," Ji Yeon called. 

 

"don't kick big brother Sehun when he's sleeping, okay?" Key added.

 

"Mm," Minji pouted. "G'night Umma, Appa."

 

As soon as little Minji pulled the door close, Key looked at Ji Yeon and then stooped down to pick her up into his arms.  

 

He then made his way down the hall towards their bedroom with Ji Yeon and tapped the door open with his foot.

 

After biting his smiling lip and glancing at Ji Yeon, Key made his way into their bedroom and closed the door behind him.

 

♥ ♥ ♥


 

THE END! ~

I just wanted to say, thank you for sticking around until now! This was my first fanfic so there are a lot of things that are not perfect about this story, but hopefully you enjoyed it nonetheless :)

I really want to know, what are your thoughts about it? It can be anything, a critique, a comment, something you enjoyed or something you disliked. Please let me know! :) This chapter, or the story in general.

Anyway, hope you enjoyed it and look out for my future stories~! 

-Kamikazexox ♥

 ....melts*....

lololol

 snap...... heart. break. 3

Ohmygod, my bb is so cute~!! <333 Kibummie><