Don't Look

My Charming Key

Sorry for those who have already read this chapter. I recovered the chapter but instead of copying and pasting everything... I changed it up just a tiny bit. So you can re-check it out if you want ^^

And Sorry for taking so long~


Ji Yeon’s POV:

I went to class that day feeling a bit paranoid. When I entered I found Key joking and laughing with some guys in the back.

 “In your seats, we have a test!” The teacher walked in. “Jongho, put your phone away, Min Hee remove those extensions, Ki Bum, back to your desk.”

After getting to our desks the teacher began handing sheets out.

“What’s this test on?” I whispered to Key.

“Didn’t know we had a test…” he whispered back. I groaned and put my head in my hands.

“Hey, you…” Key poked me.

“What?”

“Do you have a pencil?”

“Why don’t you have your pencil?!”

“I was at your place, remember? I didn’t bring my bag or anything!”

 I ped my pencil case and rolled over a blue lead pencil.

“Test has begun! If I find anyone talking I’ll take your sheet and you’ll receive a zero.” The teacher announced.

So naturally Key decided to nudge me. I looked at him from the corner of my eye not saying a word.

“Do you have an eraser…?” 

I sighed and handed him one.

"Thank you..."

----

Once classes were over I headed to my locker. I opened it and threw my books in. That’s when I noticed an unfamiliar piece of construction paper. I took it out and looked at it.

You’ll be at the soccer game right? I’ll be waiting for you.

Author’s POV:

Ji Yeon smiled when she saw the note. Minho was having a soccer tournament that day against their rival school: SuJu High, and she promised him during lunch that she'd go watch him 'kick their '.

Ji Yeon quickly packed away her stuff and left the school building.

 

At the game the players jogged out onto the frost-bitten field full of energy in their jerseys. After waving to Minho, Ji Yeon found a seat on the bleachers and took out her phone while waiting for the game to begin.

Suddenly, out of the blue, Ji Yeon heard the discrete sound of tape being pulled.

"Can you hold him?" A voice said.

Ji Yeon looked over to her side to see a couple of seats away Jonghyun being held down by Taemin while Onew plastered a piece of duct tape over his mouth.

"There, I think that will do it." He put the tape roll back into Taemin's coat pocket and pat Jonghyun on the back. "Don't take it personally, we just don't want you embarrassing our school in front of everyone."

Jonghyun responded with muffled whimpers and angry squeals as he shot death glares at the older boy.

"I'lll get you Ramyeon later..." Onew sighed. Jonghyun mumbled something else. "Yes, lots of meat." He rolled his eyes.

 

The game was now in play.

In just the first 5 minutes of the game Minho had stolen the ball and was already advancing across the field with his teammates keeping close. The goalie on the other side was looking a bit nervous and Minho took his chance. He bounded to the net, kicked, and scored! 

Cheers erupted from the crowd and Minho's team mates pelted themselves onto him affectionatly.

Just at this lovely moment Key sat down with the Shinee boys.

"What in God's name did you guys do to Jjong?"

"Oh, that. It's so he won't say anything stupid," Taemin answered casually, running his fingers through Jjong's hair like a pet.

"Ah, good idea..." Key pursed his lips and nodded.

Anyway... Key looked around. "Why is there so many people? Aish, but she's here right?" He searched the bleachers as he puffed his cheeks.

-Ah, there... he found her practically jumping out of her seat cheering and clapping energetically for Minho who had scored yet another goal.

Ugh, there she goes again. He sighed and fell back into his seat.

"Taem," Key pouted, "I need a hug."

"Aigoo, Key umma..." Taemin laughed. "Are you sick?" He threw an arm over his hyung and looked at him curiously. Key shook his head.

"Oh, and let's hit the gym later," Key added sheepishly.

Onew burst into a fit of laughter. "Why Ki Bum? Feeling 'flabby'?" Key shot him a careless glare. Jonghyun patted Key's tummy, nodding his head in some sort of agreement.

"Yah! don't touch my tummy..." Key slapped Jjong's hand away. "It's because I'm sitting down, that's why it feels soft." He crossed his leg over and stared away in the general direction of the field huffing.

 

Barely five minutes later, a pretty long-haired female approached Ki Bum with drinks in both her hands.

"Is this seat taken?" 

Taemin looked up. "Yeah," he snapped. "My invisible friend is sitting there and he thinks you're an eye-sore. Maybe you should leave."

Woah, Tae... Key blinked, impressed.

Jessica brushed that off and responded with a smile. "I'm just going to squeeze in next to him then." She sat down beside Key and offered him a drink.

Key rolled his eyes and pulled to the side, moving closer to the three guys who were shocked out of their skin to see Jessica's sickly sweet attempt.

"I know how much you like strawberry flavoured," Jessica tried again.

Jonghyun lost it. He stood up from his seat clenching his fists and glaring at the new arrival. Onew stood up too.

"I'm gonna move Jjong before he hits a girl and ruins his rep," Onew muttered bluntly, speaking more to Jessica than to Key, and then ushered an angry puppy away followed by the flustered maknae.

-----

"Noona!" Taemin pouted, "You have to do something. That witch won't leave Key umma alone! Oh, AND she squished Marshall!" Taemin huffed angrily.

Ji Yeon blinked. Squished him? Umm... "Who's Marshall?"

"His imaginary friend," Onew answered.

"HE'S NOT IMAGINARY! WE'VE TALKED!"

"See what I have to live with?" Onew mumbled.

Jonghyun hummed from beneath the silver plaster of limitations and rested his head on Ji Yeon's lap, demanding to be petted.

"This one too..." Onew added.

---

When the soccer tournament was over, Minho came off the field victory dancing with his team mates. They had won 5-2.

"You were so cool!" Ji Yeon fan-girled as Minho came off the field high fiving the players and waving at the excited crowd. He laughed.

"Here!" She handed him a half-frozen bottle of water.

"Thanks!" Minho's laccepted the cold bottle and started dabbing it on his face and neck. "By the way, how are you getting home?" He asked.

"Mm normal, walking."

Minho pursed his lips and shook his head. "It's late. I'll take you. Do you think you can wait for me while I do a really quick clean up?"

Ji Yeon nodded and sent Minho off saying she'll wait for him.

Key watched from above on the bleachers. Something was hurting inside as he saw Ji Yeon waving to Minho with sincerity and a light smile on her lips.

Why couldn't he make her smile like that?

Ji Yeon... what I am I going to do with you...

-----

Ji Yeon paced aimlessly inside the school at the entrance as she waited for Minho. She made herself busy by humming, stretching and admiring the school decor, but soon something more interesting caught her attention.

Outside, through the clear glass doors was Key walking across campus.He seemed as if he was looking for someone.

Ji Yeon grasped the door handle to maybe yell something at him but then she stopped; someone else appeared on campus running after him. Ji Yeon weakly released the handle.

The scene played out like a movie without sound. Jessica grabbed Key's hand in attempt to get him to stop moving. Key shot back and muttered something while freeing his hand from her grasp. He turned to walk away but Jessica grabbed his wrist once more and this time pulled him into a kiss.

THUD.

Ji Yeon felt her heart drop; she stared, horrified and hurt, a lump forming in .

In just a split second something strong whipped her around and pulled her into an embrace.

"Don't look." The husky voice whispered. The Scent of refreshing shampoo and newly sprayed perfume aded her senses as the man held her firmly, protecting her sight.

Her limbs felt weak as she watched with eyes threatening to give in to tears.

Key grabbed Jessica's arm and dissappeared from sight.

"Don't look," Minho whispered again, holding her tighter and caressing the back of her head, his wet hair grazing the side of Ji Yeon's cheek. "You have me."


And can I tell you how much it killed me just writing this...

Guys, let me know what you think! (squeals)

♥ Thanks for all the comments and support btw! I love you! ^^