Weakness

My Charming Key

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D15CXsueis4

 

The principal stared sternly at Key as he walked through his offices door. He motioned Key to sit down.

“I’ve noticed a change in the school atmosphere,” The principal said as Key sat down in one of the empty leather chairs in front of his desk. “There’s a bit more chaos than usual.” He looked suspectedly at Key.

Key stared back at the principal waiting for his point.

“Do you by chance have a girlfriend? You know what that does to the council don’t you? You can’t favour one girl over another. That’s not how it works here.”

“Is that why you called me here?” Key asked.

The principal stared at him for second. “Actually, no,” He began flipping through some sheets of paper on his desk, “I called you to discuss the end of the year formal event.” He placed an eight and half by eleven poster of the event in front of Key.

Key nodded.

 “I’d like you to MC this year. If you show off your charms during this, your reputation might be restored. What do you say?”

“Of course. It’s my job after all,” Key replied blandly.

“Good, that’s what I’d like to hear. Now back to the other topic. The rumours. You know that if you do have a girlfriend you either need to break it off immediately or you’re off the council. And if you’re off the council you’re expelled from school according to rule 7 of the council booklet that I’m sure you read when you agreed to this position.”

Key looked at the school headmaster for a moment before replying. “Is that all?”

The headmaster clasped his hands together. “Yes, I think that’s about it. You may go now.”

“Thank you,” Key said, his tone emotionless. He got up from the chair and walked out of the room.

 

That’s it. The principal knew. That meant the majority of the school knew. And if he does get kicked off the council his father would know…

Key ran a hand through his hair and made his way down the steps onto the school grounds, his other hand in his pocket fiddling with the chain necklace he was supposed to give to Ji Yeon: his first time buying a gift for a girl.

*Can’t believe she made me into this sappy romantic* Key chuckled as he approached the gate. Minho came onto school ground as well. Key waited and they went together. Near the gate Annie and Onew were sitting on the bench engaging in…

“Hey guys, have you seen Ji Yeon?” Key asked. He had searched a good portion of the school before his meeting at the prinicipal’s office and she was nowhere to be found.

Both of them flipped open a textbook and scooted to opposite sides of the bench in a flash.

“Oh hey, Key, Minho” Onew greeted rather stiffly.

“What were you guys doing…? Okay that doesn’t matter. Do you know where Ji Yeon is?”

 “Oh yeah, she’s out with Seungho,” Annie said.

Minho quirked a brow *Seungho?* He looked at Key.

“Alone? With him? Key asked, his voice rising.

Annie nodded.

 “Do you know where?”

She shook her head and looked at Onew, he shook his head too.

“Damn, that guy,” Key scowled.

“When did Ji Yeon and Seungho get that close?” Minho muttered.

Key walked out the gate in rage. *I can’t believe this.*

 

---

 

“You got her?” The leader asked as the guy with the bangs entered the warehouse and got off his motorcycle. The rest of the group did the same.

“Yeah, got her alright. This thing is feisty, almost knocked me off my motorcycle.”

“Really?” The leader chuckled. “Tie her up well then.”

Two guys pulled blindfolded Ji Yeon to the wall and tied her hands to the pipe. She noticed ‘Beast’ imprinted on their arms as they undid her blindfold.

The leader walked towards her. “Sorry we have to do this, Sweetheart,” He grazed his fingers down the side of her face. “It’s not your fault. No hard feelings, alright?”

“Then why are youi doing this?” 

“Because you’re my little bait for Kibum. You're the only one that will make him come out and meet me.” The leader smirked at her. He took a lock of her hair and twirled it around his finger. "It's to bad you ended up with Key..."

Ji Yeon flinched.

He chuckled, looking her straight in the face. “Should I just take you for myself?” He said grinning.

The rest of the gang broke into laughter.

“We’ve got Ki Bum for sure this time,” A guy named Yoseob said.

The leader turned back to the gang. “Hyunseung, give me your phone.”

“Where’s yours?” Hyunseung replied.

“The police are tracking my calls, Can’t touch it unless I’m ordering kimbap.”

Hyunseung grudgingly handed the leader his phone.

“You’ll get it back.” The leader began to dial.

“He’s not going to come,” Ji Yeon uttered, her voice uneven. She did not sound too convinced herself. *Don’t come Key*

“He barely even knows me. He’s not going to come."

“We should give it a shot anyway, shouldn’t we? If he doesn’t come I might not even mind. You’re a much better compensation,” the leader gave her a wink.

 

--

 

Key trudged home bitterly. *I never even had a date with her and here she is going with Seungho* He kicked a stone on the road out of anger. All of a sudden his phone rang. He reached into his pocket and took it out.

*Hyunseung* the caller ID read.

He answered the phone.

“Hello?”

“Is this Kim Ki Bum?”

“Yeah, who is this?”

“An old friend. It’s been some time. How’ve you been?” The speaker laughed on the other line.

Key blinked once. Then twice. 

“I'm sorry, who?”

“You son of a , it’s Doojoon.”

 “…Doojoon?” The name suddenly rang a bell. “Doojoon!”

“That’s right. You humiliated me back in the day. I don’t forget too easily.”

The other end of the line went fuzzy and Key could tell he was being put on speaker.

“We came across something and think it might belong to you.” There was shuffling sound. “Talk,” he ordered. There was silence. There were more shuffling sounds and a girl’s voice cried out in pain.

Key recognized the voice immediately. “Ji Yeon!”

“Key, don’t come. It’s a trap, they’re planning to hurt you.”

“Ji Yeon!” Key exclaimed. “What are you-“

“Don’t come okay? I’ll be fine. These guys are prety pathetic - ”

“Ji Yeon, are you okay?!”

“So does this belong to you?” Do Joon’s voice came back on.

“Where are you?”

“Sh, sh, let’s not get too hasty now. I’ll tell you only if you promise to come - and alone. That means no police, no friends, acquaintances or anything. You’re coming alone. And if there’s anyone with you, she will be unrecognizable when I’m done with her.”

“Don’t touch her,” Key said through gritted teeth.

“Then come alone. It’s simple. Understood?”

 “Right. Now Tell me.”

“You were there two years ago. Cheongparo, Warehouse 5.”

Key hung up and ran down the street.

*Ji Yeon, just hold on okay? I'm coming.*


 

Key's comingg~~! Btw was this cheesy? lol Ahh ><

Ps.thanks for the support everyone!

Welcome new subscribers and thanks for the comments, they really motivate me!!

Kamsahamnida~♥♥♥