Junhyung Tells Gyuri Why

I'd Die for You...

THIRD PERSON’S POINT OF VIEW

Gyuri placed a cup of coffee down on the coffee table, "So what do you want to tell me about?" Junhyung hesitated but he knew that it was the best, "I want to tell you.. everything... I'm sure you know they met right?"

"Yes, of course, Bom and I introduced him to her..."

"Well let's start from there." 


- Six Years Ago Flashback –


"ING LITTLE , GET YOUR BACK HERE!" The fat thug ran chasing the young Doojoon down the small narrow alley way, "YOU BETTER COME BACK HERE BEFORE I KILL YOU!"

"Ahjusshi, catch me if you can!" Doojoon yelled with a smile on his face, running as fast as he could, throwing garbage back at the men trying to disrupt their road.

"Run faster you ers, get that kid!" They ran faster and faster but being un-athletic and drunk, those men were not as fast as Doojoon. Doojoon ran out into the streets quickly hiding in one of the cafes he chuckled as he heard the men run past the store, turning around and walking out he watched the small mob of black run towards the opposite side of where he was heading. Smiling at his accomplishment, Doojoon headed towards school.

-

 Upon arrival he could hear his friends laughing and joking around with each other, being the prankster he was Doojoon slowly maneuvered his way towards then, when behind them he jumped up and screamed. Causing all his friends to jump back in fear,

"YAH," Junhyung yelled, "What was that for?!"

"That was for nothing," Doojoon laughed as he put his arms around Yoseob, "Jeez today was another work out."

"They chased you again hyung?" Kikwang asked worried.

"Of course, they can't get enough of me~" Doojoon joked.

"Hyung, when are you going to pay them back," Dongwoon asked scared, "What if they do something to you when they are extremely angry and stuff?"

"Don't worry Woonie, hyung knows what to do, okay, just chill, don't worry!"

"How much do you owe them?" Hyunseung asked.

"A couple of thousand..."

"Won?"

"USD."

"EHHHHHH?!" Dongwoon jumped, "Hyung, why'd you borrow so much money? Don't you know they add interest every day?!"

"Hye In needed money for her treatment," Doojoon muttered. Everyone sighed, right, his little sister... "Come on guys let's get to class before Ms. Baek kills us!" Doojoon smiled as he tried to ease the small tension.

"Right, let's go," Hyunseung smiled.


-


Class was over and everyone was ready for a night of fun, today was karaoke night and Doojoon couldn't wait to release his stress. The boys headed towards the usual karaoke spot, getting a room they all filed in to have fun. After an hour Doojoon got up and headed towards the washroom, when he headed back towards the room he couldn't help but notice a bunch of guys standing in front of one of the karaokeing rooms.

"Yah, if we could hook up with one of those girls we'd be set for life, they're so rich that it hurts!" the fat one said as he moved his body like a worm.

"Especially that Kim ~~~~ girl, I heard that her father works in London as some big shot entrepreneur or something, they make hundreds million of dollars each year! EURO dollars!" the thin one said with his hands in the air.

"Oh snap, seriously?!" the short midget squealed in delight.

"Mhm! But it's hard to get close to her since she has two of her best friends with her all the time... I think they are Park Bom, I’m pretty sure she’s the one that is dating T.O.P you know that badass gangster? The other one is Park Gyuri her grandfather owns that line of clothing... um what is it called…Goddess?" piggy stated.

"Park Gyuri, Park Bom? They sound familiar," Doojoon whispered to himself.

"Oh, these girls are like loaded!" midget smirked.

"Yeah that’s what I'm saying!"

"What should we do? Should we go in there now and talk to them or should we just, you know, leave and then plan to get to know them later on?"

"I think we should call the others here and party with them, we could get to know them rather than go and lose this chance."

"Maybe we could get a little kiss from them tooo~" thin one said as he pulled a small bag of white pills from his pocket. Doojoon stared at the bag and walked toward them, "What are you doing?"

"Who are you?!"

"What do you think you're doing with this bag?"

"HEY! WHO ARE YOU?!"

"Someone that is going to kick you bastards asses for thinking of such a plan!" Doojoon grabbed the guys collar. The door open and ~~~~~ looked out to see Doojoon and the rest of the guys. Their eyes widened, she was beautiful, "What is happening?" she asked softly a little scared, behind her came Gyuri and Bom.

"Oh, Doojoon!" Bom smiled.

"Bom.. Gyuri..?"

"What are you doing to them?" Gyuri asked.

"I was just, throwing out some trash," Doojoon smiled widely.

"Ehh?"

"Right, my friend?" Doojoon asked the fat boy with an intense glare.

"Neh..."

"Why don’t you guys help me?"

"N-neh..."

"Scram!"

The boys ran like there was no tomorrow, Doojoon smirked as they disappeared turning around he smiled at the girls, "Well I'm going to go now."

"Why don't you join us? It’s been so long since we’ve seen you, shall I introduce you to our beautiful girl friend?" Bom asked. Doojoon looked at all of the girls and smiled, “Okay.”  
 

- Pause of Flashback –

“Don’t tell me Doojoon got the idea of smooching off ~~~~~ by those guys!” Gyuri said as she stared intensely into Junhyung’s eyes. Junhyung shook his head, “Well, that is part of it but let me continue, first lets skip what he did in the karaoke bar since he never told me about that part.”

“Don’t worry I knew what happen, since I was there.”

- Back to Flashback –

“Hyung, why did you ditch us yesterday?” Dongwoon asked pouting, “I thought you were going to party with us to the break of dawn!” The five guys surrounded Doojoon near the gates.

"Why would I do that?” Doojoon joked, “I got caught up, sorry.”

“Did you go have fun with girl without us?”

“Pft, like Doojoon would go out with girls when he’s waiting for his beautiful Gina,” Junhyung laughed.

“That is true…”

“Tch, I can hang out with girls even if Gina isn’t here, I mean we aren’t even dating!” Doojoon said tapping the ground with his shoes.

“Well that ,” Yoseob muttered.

“Tell me about it.”

“Well hyung let’s find you a new girl!”

“I don’t have time for girls,” Doojoon said, “I have to work and make money, I don’t want to get a girlfriend and waste money on her.”

“Well if you’re not going to then that’s fine hyung,” Dongwoon smiled, “I’ll find one!”

“You really know how to make your hyung feel better don’t you?” Hyunseung said looking at Dongwoon with a scrunched up face.

“Hehe,” Dongwoon scratched the back of his head.

“Well if you are going to go do that, I’m going to go head off to work, see you guys!” Doojoon smiled at his friends walking away.

-

Arriving at the construction site Doojoon changed putting on his helmet and vest, walking towards the steel bars, he lifted them up to his shoulders and started to carry the bars towards the other side of the construction site. Making about ten rounds he started to feel tired, sitting down and taking a break, he took out his water bottle and started to drink. It was hard work but he had to help his mother make ends meet, even if it killed his body. He hated all the kids that had silver spoons in their mouths, never having to really understand what labor was. He thought back of yesterday, the three girls having fun without having a care in the world singing like there had nothing worry about. He envied those girls, because in the end all they had to do was inherit what their fathers or grandfathers had created… Finishing up the bottled water he threw it to the floor and stood up and headed back to work.

-

When his shift was over Doojoon started to walk home, on his way home he could feel people following him, turning around he verified his suspicions. Yes, he was followed, followed by those men from yesterday morning. Cursing he turned to run, but before he could even take a step there were men now in front of him. Smiling they cracked their knuckles, “Doojoon, you could escape this morning but you can’t escape tonight, tonight we will teach you a lesson.”

“Come and try me,” Doojoon smirked getting to a fighting stance, the men ran at him taking a swing at him, but every time they tried, they missed. Doojoon dodged every hit, angry at their failures he started to attack, punching each and every one’s face, he watched them fall. He wasn’t the ‘jjang’ of the school for nothing. 17 vs. 1 was nothing to him, until they started to play dirty. Grabbing metal and wooden sticks out of nowhere, the men got up and at the same time they attacked him. With no way of dodging, Doojoon felt the painful sensation of the impact of the sticks. Falling to the floor, he could feel warm blood flow down his head, his ribcage throbbing in pain before they could beat him again he could hear a car speed up and the doors open. Opening his eyes he could see a bunch of other thugs walking towards the gangsters.

"What are you bastards doing here in our turf?” a deep husky voice, “Do you guys want to ing die that badly?”
The gangsters brought up their sticks and turned when they saw their opponents when they saw their faces they stopped in their tracks they screamed as they ran off, Doojoon looked up to see the notorious T.O.P staring down at him. Doojoon slowly got up but fell back down, he then heard the car doors open, looking up he could see ~~~~ running towards him with Gyuri and Bom following behind.

“Doojoon shi, are you okay?” ~~~~~ asked looking at him with worried eyes, on her knees wiping the blood out of his eyes.

“I’m okay,” Doojoon answered.

“Let’s help him back to my place,” Bom stated urgently, “Dr. Yoo must still be at home checking up on Min Ju, he can check out Doojoon shi as well! Jiyong oppa, please help him to the car!” Jiyong walked towards Doojoon and grabbed his arm, pulling it over onto his shoulders.

-

When they arrived at the condo Jiyong quickly brought Doojoon to the guest room while ~~~~ ran to get the doctor. Crowding around Doojoon the doctor started to take care of Doojoon’s wounds, “He’s a bit messed up but after a couple night of rest he’ll be back to normal.”

~~~~ sighed as she looked at the others, “I guess he’ll stay here, why don’t you guys go home its late.”

“Okay, I’ll call you later?” Bom smiled, ~~~ nodded as she watched them turn and leave she heaved a sigh and stared at Doojoon. Sitting by Doojoon’s bed she watched him sleep, “I guess I should be here, what if he needs something?”

-

The next morning Doojoon woke up to see ~~~~~’s bright smile, “You’re awake Doojoon shi!”

“Yeah I am,” he stated, getting up.

“Someone called you but I didn’t pick it up, since well you know it’s your phone…Um, I think you should call them back.”
Doojoon nodded as she handed him his half-broken phone, “I’ll come back with some food, um, be right back.” He nodded as he watched her walk the door, he dialed his mother’s number and waited two rings until his mom pick up the phone, “Omma, what’s wrong? Why are crying?!”

“Doojoon, Doojoon ah, they came again, they broke everything, what should we do?” He heard his mother cry at the other end of the phone, “How are we suppose to manage if they come all the time, how am I suppose to sell when they keep on messing everything up? How can we pay your sister’s bills? How?”

“Omma, it’s fine I will deal with this don’t worry!”

“Doojoon ah, omma doesn’t know what to do anymore….” His mom sobbed loudly on the phone.

“Omma I’m going to call you tomorrow okay?” He turned off the phone and he could feel tears slowly falling down, why did he have to be poor, why didn’t he have a condo like this? He stared at the room, half of what’s in here could be sold and used to pay for his sister’s bills for the whole year, what this family owned was what he wished to have… Doojoon could feel the resentment boiling, why do they get to live in such luxury while he, had to live in none? While he had to struggle to live, strive to save his sister, why do they get to drink wine and live the good life…? Why…? He cried as he he could feel the resentment suddenly flow into him, somehow he hated ~~~~  there wasn’t a good reason but the hate of rich people made it a good reason for him to make her life miserable.

- PAUSE OF FLASHBACK –

“So that is the reason why? Because of poverty that he hated and resented and used ~~~~?! She didn’t even do anything, SHE DIDN’T DO ANYTHING! Besides, he must be lying when he told you that half her stuff could pay off his sister’s bills for a year! Tch, just because she is a rich girl… I can’t believe that ~~~~ thought that he didn’t know she was rich until their year anniversary!” Gyuri yelled, “Also she saved him! If she had not run out of the car and helped him, we would’ve just left him to die or get more beaten up! Why did he use her compassion against her… SHES THE SWEETEST GIRLL IN THE WORLD! WHY DID HE HAVE TO GET HER?!”

“You would leave an injured man to die?” Junhyung asked curious, ignoring her last question.

“He could’ve been someone that could’ve hurt us, and besides that I did not know it was Doojoon,” Gyuri explained.
Junhyung looked at her in shock, “Wow.”

“Back to this story so he just hates her because she had things that he didn’t?”

“Yes, besides that he hated the fact that she pitied him…”

“What do you mean?”

“Please don’t disrupt me again when I tell you a story, okay?”

“Okay.”

- BACK TO FLASHBACK –


“Are you okay Doojoon?” ~~~~ asked as she came in with a bowl of porridge. Doojoon stared up at her with a smile, “I’m okay.”

“I thought you died yesterday, but I’m glad that you are fine!” ~~~~ smiled kindly, “I brought you some plain porridge, can you eat by yourself or do you need some help.” Doojoon looked at her, using the opportunity, he nodded, “Yes, please.”

“So why did you get beat up? Did you accidently bump into them?”

“No I borrowed money, and don’t have enough to repay them…”

“So they were loan sharks….why did you borrow money?”

“Because I need money for my sister’s treatment… she has cancer…”

~~~~~ stared at him with sadness, “I’m so sorry…”

“Yeah…”

“D-d-do you need to borrow money from me? I mean you don’t have to give it back right way…”

“What are you saying you live alone with your sister in a small condo, how are you suppose to help me?” She looked at him, obviously she would not tell him that she was a rich girl but she pressed on, “My College savings, don’t worry about it, you can give it back to me in three years time!”

“I c-can’t…”

“We are friends now aren’t we?”

“…”

-END OF FLASHBLACK –

“So, he used that opportunity to get to know her? Because of his sudden jealousy and resentment to the fact that he had nothing compared to her.  He used her so he could smooch off of her, and the first thing he did to smooch off of her. Do you know how much she got into to give him her college savings?!” Gyuri yelled jumping up, “Why that little bastard, if he was going to smooch off someone, he should’ve done that to me so I could kick him in the face when I found out, and honestly speaking I would’ve found out a year after our relationship! Unlike ~~~~~ who is too dense to realize what the hell is happening!”Junhyung stared at him and grabbed his cold coffee to sip staring away at the angry girl. “I want to rip his ing face off right now, but if I did ~~~~~ would hate me forever! what am I going to do?”

“I think you should just drop hints for her, you did a good job tonight,” Junhyung piped up. She turned her head and looked at him, “Yeah? Do you think that is a good idea?” She jumped onto the couch beside him and smiled, “I did do a good job didn’t I?” She smiled as she started to plan out the steps to how she was going to expose Doojoon in her head, “You’re going to be in my team right?!”

Junhyung nodded, “Yeah.”

“Good, tomorrow we start our mission!”

“Eh?!”