I've Been Lying to Myself Haven't I?

I'd Die for You...

YOUR POV

You and Gyuri sat at the booth sipping your alcoholic drinks, catching up and laughing about stories from Gyuri's work place. You envied her for having such a great life, even if she didn’t have a lover she was happy with her successful career. You kind of wished that you didn’t marry Doojoon, so you could experience the feeling of success before you were bound to a man. You tucked a piece of lose strand of hair behind your ears, as you continued to listen to Gyuri's story, when she finished you laughed and high fived her. After a couple of more shots of alcohol you got a little tipsy, "You know Gyuri." You slurred a little.

"What is it?" she asked, perfectly sober.

"I've been thinking, thinking of what you said a couple of weeks ago at the Jiyong oppa's birthday party."

"Yeah? What about it?"

"Maybe, you're right."

She choked, "W-what?"

"Maybe he's never going to be the way he was when we were in high school."

"What do you mean..?"

"You know how I said he was turning back the way he was before, I think it's all fake... I feel as though something is missing..."

"..."

"I might be thinking too much into this, but, though, I'm happy that he's being nice and loving towards me. I feel as though this is all an hoax, a dream. Why? Well, why is he suddenly so nice to me after Gina arrived?"

"You must be thinking a lot."

"I am, after the time with him at the beach yesterday...”

"....?"

"I was happy, you know? It was the first time in a while since we've been on a date... I was excited, I was anticipating many wonderful memories. It started off very well, we were both in the car I was happy singing along with him our song. But when we arrived at the beach and sat down, things started to, well, slowly become depressing...Gyuri.... I could smell another woman's perfume on the collar of his shirt... You know how sad I was? I thought he'd change and go back to the way he was before."

"~~~~ ah.. I'm so sorry," Gyuri looked at you with pity in her eyes.

You chuckled, "What's funny, is that I was willing to let that just fly by, because I was, so happy. So happy that he was there with me.. But somehow I couldn't, sudden questions started to sprout out from my mouth without me knowing. I asked him dumb questions, such as, when he was he happy with me, when was he unhappy with me. I know it may sound stupid but I felt angry when he dodged those questions and asked me, why I asked him those questions. My heart started to break..it was as though he didn't want to answer me because he'd sell himself out... hinting that he was not in love with me and was being with me only because of pure pity. Because we've been with each other for so long...I know that this might be just sudden thoughts that popped out of my head when I smelt that perfume... But you know.. when I hugged him, I thought I'd feel at least some reassurance that I was wrong about these thought. That I was just being delusional about him lying and pitying me.. But I wasn't, when I kissed him, it tasted off, bitter, as though he wasn't into it... It was as though he had to kiss me back because I'm his wife..."

"Honey, please don't be like that," Gyuri said with tears slowly forming.

"Am I falling out of love Gyuri? Or am I just, just finally realizing that what you've said... that our love was all lies is right... I thought he was changing, yet why do I smell girl's perfume on him? Is he just playing with me, not allowing me find out the truth?" You could feel Gyuri take hold of your hands as you started to cry uncontrollably, "Should I give him up, or should I continue on?"

"~~~~"

"I don’t know what to do...”

"Oh, sweetie."

"I love him so much. It hurts me so much to be thinking about all this."

"~~~~~ ah, don't cry."

"Gyuri...." You shoulders started to shake uncontrollably, "I don’t know if I can do this any longer... I've lied to myself haven't I?"

"You're in love," she said, patting you, "There is nothing you could do, love makes you blind, it makes you weak. Just cry and you'll feel better." You held onto her as you balled, not caring about the people around you giving you weird stares.

-

You stumbled into the house, Gyuri tried to help you but you wouldn't allow her to touch you. Navigating towards the stairs by yourself, you passed Gina who gave you a worried look, "~~~~ why did you drink so much."

You stared at her and smiled, "Because I feel like it."

Doojoon walked out of the kitchen and watched you walking towards you he grabbed your arm, "Are you okay?"

You looked at him, "Do I look okay." 

"Gyuri, why did you let her drink so much?" Doojoon asked staring at Gyuri with disapproval.

"Don't blame Gyuri, I wanted to drink," you smiled, pulling your arm away from his grasp, you stumbled up the stairs and into your room. Once inside, you started to strip yourself from your clothing, Doojoon walked in and grabbed your hand, "You're going to get cold, keep your clothes on."

You turned at him, "Since when did you start to care whether I get cold or not?"

Doojoon stood there, "I don't want you to get sick again."

"Don't worry, I won't," you replied, you continued to strip your clothing, once you crawled into bed and fell asleep. Doojoon stared at you, suddenly yearning to crawl under the sheets to hold you, Doojoon took a step forward. But before he got in he started to think of Gina. Shaking his head, he turned around and headed towards the door. Closing the door, you opened your eyes, "Why do you do this to me? Why do you always walk out...?"

NO ONE'S POV

Doojoon closed the bedroom door and walked towards the front, Gyuri stared at him as he walked up towards her, "I forbid you to ever take ~~~~ out to drink ever again."

She blinked at him, letting out a small chuckle, "Is she a dog? Are you her owner? When did she allow you to make her choices? Besides, she's my friend, I've known her far longer than you have. She can go out and drink with me whenever she wants, when she wants. Who are you to forbid her to go out to drink with me."

He glared at her, "~~~~ never comes home drunk. But yet when she goes and hangs out with you, she does."

"Oh, please. Since when the hell did you care about her? When the have you ever comeback sober from hanging out with your friends? When have you ever even considered to stop cheating on ~~~~."

"Excuse me?"

"Yoon. Doojoon. Don't think that I don't know that you're secretly going out with that over there."

"Excuse me?" Gina spoke in a angry tone, "Are you calling me a ?"

"Hell to the ing yes. You're just another ing home wreaker. Another that he brings home, the typical gold digger."

Doojoon looked at Gina, who was on the verge of breaking Gyuri's face. Touching her shoulders, he looked at her and shook  his head. Turning to Gyuri he spoke in a soft yet angry tone, "Don't speak to her like that. You don't know her."

"Isn't she though? I mean look, she's angry, I must be pushing the right buttons, aren't I?" Gyuri questioned, with a cold smirk.

"Look, you don't know anything about us, you don't know anything about me," he spit back.

"You think I don't ing dumb? Do you actually think that I don't know anything about you? You don’t think that I don't know what’s going on around here. You think I'm blind? You can think that. But I'm not like ~~~~. I'm not in love with you. I'm not clueless to all your wrong doings. I'm not stupid to see through your fake mask."

Doojoon walked up to her full with rage and her harsh words, "I'm warning you Park Gyuri, if you say anything to her, you'll be sorry."

"Are you threatening me? Are you in the position to threaten me?"

He could feel his blood boil his heart beat fast, "Get out of my house. NOW!"

"Don't worry, Doojoon. Don't get so jumpy about being found out. I won't tell her. You know why?" No one said anything as Gyuri smiled wider continuing on, "Because, I'll let her find out the truth herself. She's opening her eyes now, she's finally waking up from the fairy tale that is you and her. You better cover your tracks well, before she finds out. Because when she does, you'll be in the worst state of misery ever." Gyuri gave them one last look as she turned around, walking out the front door. Doojoon stood there, motionlessly as he felt cold sweat forming, never had he ever been so threatened. Never had he been so scared that ~~~~ would find out, closing his eyes, he took in one breath, "What the hell is going to happen now?"

-

A/N - Enjoy, and please, please comment. I really appericate them!