A New You

I'd Die for You...

Doojoon's POV

I sat in the conference room with a blank mind, unable to really focus on what the girl was saying. My mind was only on what had happened earlier this week. I let out a sigh as I stared out the window, it was rude of me but I didn't care. Whatever she was talking about wasn't important, not now. Tapping my fingers on the desk, I started to zone out even more. But I was then bought back to reality when the girl rudely waved her hands in front of my face, wanting attention. 

"Mr. Yoon are you listening?" she asked with a snappy tone. 

I raised my eyebrows, "Yes, I am." 

"Good, because, sir, this is really important to our new developement plans." 

I nodded my head as she resumed talking, while I went back to my own thoughts. The door suddenly opened, making me snap back to reality again. Annoyed, I turned to the doors to see ~~~~ looking back at me with a confident grin. She was stunning in her attire, she was professional, she was beautiful. She gracefully walked towards the seat across from me, "I'm sorry I interrupted," she spoke with authority, "But, I just wanted to see what it was like in a meeting this big." The girl with the snappy voice looked at her then turned back to her presentation. Everything went on as though no one interrupted. I stared at ~~~~~ unable to blink. She's changed. From head to toe. I cleared my voice, as I pretended to listen with interest, occassionally nodding my head. 

Your POV

The meeting ended, smiling and bidding everyone goodbye, you walked out with your secretary. Almost reaching the exit you heard Doojoon call out your name. You stopped and turned to look at him, he had a smile on his face. You automatically smiled.

"First time you've ever attended a meeting, how was it?" 

"It was good," you replied, as you looked at his dashing smile, "I got a lot of information, but there are things that I'm not satisfied about." 

"Oh," he simply acknowledge.

"Yep," you stood there awkardly as you didn't know what to do  next. 

"So how is life?" he continued on. 

"We shouldn't talk about life, we're at work," you replied. 

"Right." 

"I'm going to go back to touring the company now," you said wanting to get away from him. If you were any closer, the memories of him would've bombarded  you, and you did not want that. You swiftly turned around and headed towards the west end of the company. You could feel his stare burn through the back of your head, you wanted to look back at him, but resisted.  

-

Night came and you finally arrived home, getting undress to take a shower you check your cell phone. You had one message; from Jaejoong. He had asked if you wanted to go out for dinner, you stared at the time. Realizing that it had been two hour since he'd send you the text message, you felt guilty. Automatically texting him with an apology, you waited. Just a second and he replied back to you, with a smily face. You grinned. You liked talking to Jaejoong, he was someone that always listened, and was always so kind and gentle. Another message came, this time it stated that he was going to pick you up in twenty minutes for dinner. You quickly ran towards your shower and cleaned yourself, then you rushed to dress up. 

Doojoon's POV

I stared at the files on the table, massaging my temple, I tried to get the image of the beautiful ~~~~ out of my head. Shaking my head, I went back to focus. But yet again I was distrubed by her face popping up. I hated this. Thinking about her made me angry, made me regret. I didn't like how my feelings for her were elevating just after we divorced. I didn't like how I was being so nice to her, but damn. That girl. Since when did she suddenly ambush my heart? Since when did I care for her? Was it because now she wasn't mine, that now, she was moving on. Doing better things, going back to being happy?

Your POV

You sat across Jaejoong at a nice cozy, resturant. Admiring the decor you let out a happy sigh, you heard Jaejoong chuckle. Turning to stare at him, you noticed that he had a bright smile on, "You look happy."

"I am," he replied. 

"Why?" you asked curious, "Something good happen today?" 

"Mm," he nodded as he took a sip of his wine. 

"Tell me about it." 

"My father accepted my proposal for the new hospital layout. I didn't think he'd like it, but he did." 

"That's great. I would've thought that he was going to say no too, I mean. The way you explained it to me last time, it sounded more like a design for a high-tech mall... with surgery rooms, then a real hospital." 

He laughed, "I know, I think I was going a little bit ahead of myself with the design. It's his second hospital and I thought well, I should make it stand out compared to the others. But then I realized it wasn't about the looks that counted, it was about how it could make patients more happy when they were in there. About how safe it was." 

"People deserved to have nice safe place to stay, especially when they are in the hospital," you dumbly pointed out. 

Jaejoong nodded, "Yep."  Smiling at him warmly you felt your cheeks flush as he smiled back, he was handsome, very handsome. You turned away as the waiter asked if you two were ready to order. Ordering the food, you couldn't help but think about how quickly Jaejoong was entering your life. Your heart was surely opening up to him, slowly but surely. Maybe it was becuase you wanted to forget Doojoon quickly, or maybe you didn't want to be alone, but you knew you were ready. Ready to start a new. 

 

--

A/N; I understand it has been long since I've updated, and I'm sorry. But please, do not rush me. Like I've said, I'm on haitus and that means, that I'm busy and am unable to update as often as I use to. I have work & school that I need to focus on. I'm going to finish this fiction, be patient. If not, I don't know if I will anymore. Anyways, I hope you enjoy. Thank you.