Chapter 11

More Than the Air I Breathe

 

(3rd person p.o.v)

.

.

.

.

“It’s nice to meet you again.” Mari bowed to them. “It’s nice to meet you too.” They bowed too. “Noona! Have you cooked?” Changmin eagerly asked. “I have. And…I made a big portion special for you only.” Mari chuckled. “Can we eat now?”

 

“Duh, we just arrived here. And we’re here to see Junsu’s kid, not to eat.” Yunho snarled at the youngest. “Well, is he sleeping?” Yunho asked Mari. “No…let me take him out of his cradle.” Mari walked upstairs and went down after awhile.

 

“Come, let’s meet your uncles,” Mari kissed her son. “Be careful, aegiya.” Junsu told her. “This is my son.” Junsu stated proudly but the guys ignored him. They were already surrounded Inhwan.

 

“He’s cute. He must get it from you, noona.” Changmin pinched him. “He’s cute! His cheeks…omo,” Yunho squished his cheeks. “Hello, Inhwan.” Yoochun smiled warmly at the baby.

 

“Why nobody listen to me?” Junsu pouted. He then saw Jaejoong sitting on the couch and he looked lost. “Hyung! Are you okay?” He walked to Jaejoong. “Yeah.” Jaejoong answered slowly.

 

“Waa~” Inhwan suddenly cried. “Shhh…” Mari hushed him. “He is still restless like last night?” Junsu asked. Mari sat beside him and they together tried to stop their kid’s wailed. “Did we make noise?” Yunho asked, afraid that they caused Inhwan cried.

 

“No, hyung…Babies…they are hard to understand,” Junsu smiled. “Give him to me.” Jaejoong suddenly talked after they still couldn’t stop his wailed. Mari handed her baby to Jaejoong and he held him carefully.

 

“Shh…” Jaejoong caressed Inhwan’s back gently. He sang a soft lullaby and Inhwan fell asleep in his embrace. Jaejoong smiled watching his best friend’s baby sleeping. “His sleeping habits totally just the same as you, Junsu.” He looked up only to catch an amaze expression on their faces.

 

“Oppa, you could make a perfect father. I guarantee it.” Mari smiled. Even Junsu couldn’t put Inhwan to sleep in a short time like Jaejoong. Plus, it was the first time Inhwan met Jaejoong. “We agree.” Yunho, Yoochun, Junsu and Changmin nodded.

 

“Oh, hyung! Why you didn’t bring your wife?” Junsu suddenly asked. Jaejoong sighed deeply and didn’t say anything. Mari then took Inhwan from him. “I’ll take him.” She smiled and went to Inhwan’s room to put him to sleep.

 

“Well…if you want to know, we’ll tell you,” Yoochun told him everything. Junsu’s face had many expressions. There were anger, confuse and disgust. “What the hell have you did hyung?” Junsu raised his voice.

 

“You don’t deserve a girl like her.” He continued. “I know.” Jaejoong rubbed his face with his palm.  “You agree to marry her just because you want to get revenge for Ayumi? We all know it’s just an accident! Get a grip, hyung!” Junsu lectured him.

 

“Junsu hyung, Jaejoong hyung has regretted everything that he had done…so let’s just help him, okay?” Changmin patted his shoulder. It was silent for awhile then as nobody talked.

 

“What happened here?” Mari felt weird as they were silent and her husband looked annoyed. “I’ll tell you later.” Junsu said when Mari walked toward him and interlaced their fingers. “Okay.” Her warm smile calmed Junsu back.

 

“Noona~~ I’m really hungry…” Changmin suddenly whined. “Food~” He added. “You ruin the mood, Min.” Yoochun punched his shoulder lightly and laughed with the others. “Let’s eat before the food cold.” Mari walked hand in hand with her husband and the guys followed them from behind.

 

-

 

“No, no…you don’t have to bring anything. Your present tonight is more appreciated.” Mari talked on the phone with Joonhee. “Are you sure? I think it’s so rude of me not to bring anything.” Joonhee replied.

 

“It’s not. Plus, Junsu had buy too much of them. You don’t have to buy anything. Just come this night and have some fun.” Mari convinced her. “Well then…okay.”

.

.

.

.