Chapter 1

More Than the Air I Breathe

 

HER p.o.v

 

Just because I was quiet, people said, “Just because her family is rich, she’s arrogant. She didn’t even talk to us. Who she thinks she is?

 

Just because I accidentally gave a cold stare, people said, “See that, she’s so cold.

 

My whole life had been controlled by my parents. I was just a toy for them. A toy to make sure that their fortune would always in their hands. I couldn’t even say a word when my parents told me I would be married off to their business partner’s son.

 

I even planned to run away from home, but my beloved Aunt Hyun knew about my plan. She is my mother’s younger sister. She’s the only one that believed and cared for me in this world. I even wonder if she’s my aunt or my mother. Finally I decided to stay because of her.

 

.

.

.

.

 

“I’m Jaejoong. Kim Jaejoong.”

 

.

.

.

.

 

First time I met him, my heart melted. I never felt like this toward any one. His smile was so warm that it even made me smile too. It’s the first time I gave a really sincere and not a fake smile to anyone, my Aunt Hyun said.

 

The wedding then went on. I was nervous yet happy at the same time. I really hoped that he, Kim Jaejoong, the man that I agreed to marry to could show me the real meaning of love and life.

 

Unfortunately, my hope then shattered. He was just the same like other people.

 

---

.

.

.

.