#27: 3 Kisses

At World's End

 

You get a longer drabble since I'm a and I haven't updated in a while. I started this yesterday, I wanted to finish it last night but couldn't, so now it is a belated Valentines day gift. As such it has a lot romance and fluff. Enjoy!

2Jong centric
Beware of slight cursing in this chapter

#27: 3 Times Kai and Chen Kissed

One

“What am I supposed to do?” Chen cried as Kai hauled him to his feet and brought him over to where they were playing. Kai positioned him by a bush and then pointed at him.

“Just stand there,” Kai told him.

“That’s it?”

“Yes,” Kai said firmly. Chen had been watching them play for long enough, and now that he’d agreed to play, Kai wasn’t going to let him out of it. “Stand there and look pretty.”

Chen immediately blushed. “I AM NOT A GIRL!” He shrieked.

“I NEVER SAID YOU WERE!” Kai shrieked back. He knew that the comment would make Chen yell, but he also thought that Chen liked being called pretty. Why else would he blush? He ran off to rejoin Chanyeol, Kyungsoo, Sehun, Tao and Lay. “Stay put!” He called over his shoulder.

Now that Chen was playing, they had a real Princess, or Prince, to fight over. They went back to their respective pirate ships and resumed their war.

“You’ll never take the Prince away from me!” Chanyeol bellowed, throwing dandelion heads at all of them. “I will win his hand in marriage!”

“Say what?!” Chen squawked.

“Yah!” Lay yelled back. “He’s too handsome for you, you big puppy. I’ll win his hand!”

“No, me!” Kyungsoo cried, brandishing a large stick. “I shall win, I look best with the Prince!”

“Me and Sehun will win!” Tao cried. “And we’ll take the Prince back to our—”

“No threesomes allowed!” Kai interrupted.

“You guys,” Chen wailed, covering his face to hide his blush.

He was ignored as the six of them continued to ambush each other with leaves, flower heads, bits of grass and twigs. Every time someone tried to break away to capture Chen, somebody else would tackle him to the ground. Finally at one point Kai got tired of the game and decided to end it. He picked up a small twig, yelled “Fight for your right to cheat!” And then he teleported away before anyone could grab him, reappearing a few feet from Chen. Chen yelped as Kai crashed into him, nearly sending them both tumbling over.

“I win!” Kai crowed. “The Prince is mine!”

“You’re yelling in my ear,” Chen whined.

There was a yell of ‘Cheater’ from Chanyeol, and Kai smirked at him. “All’s fair in love and war!” He yelled.

“Love?” Tao echoed. He grinned like the devil child Kai knew he was. “Who said anything about love?”

Chen gasped so hard he choked on his own spit.

“I said love!” Kai proclaimed, clutching Chen tighter. “How dare you question my intentions toward the Prince, peasant!”

Tao’s grin turned into a smirk. “If you love the Prince so much then kiss him!”

For only being ten, Tao was a manipulative little creep. Kai rolled his eyes.

“Fine,” he said, and he grabbed Chen’s face and kissed him on the lips. It was really just a peck, barely longer than a second, but Sehun and Kyungsoo screamed and clapped anyway.

“Oh hush,” Kai scolded. Then he grabbed Chen’s hand. “Come my Prince, let us run away together!”

And he grabbed Chen and pulled him further back into the yard, where the little hut that Kris had built for them was. It was tiny, only three of them could fit in it now, but they still used it for things like this. Kai shoved Chen into the playhouse first and then closed the door behind himself. It didn’t shut all the way, the hinges had rusted in the rain. There was only one window, but between that and the crack in the door there was enough light.

Kai turned around and grinned at Chen, who was sitting on the floor. “So, was that fun?”

Chen didn’t answer, he was staring at the ground and biting his lip.

“What’s the matter?” Kai asked, kneeling down. Immediately Chen shoved him over.

“You kissed me!” he cried.

Kai shied away. “Why do you sound angry about that?” He asked meekly.

“Because! You kissed me!” Chen yelped. He covered his face. “Why would you do that?” He was so embarrassed, Kai just always had to take things to far, didn’t he? “Kissing isn’t a game, Kai,” Chen whimpered.

Oh no, Kai thought. Now Chen was crying and it was all his fault. Again.

“I’m sorry,” Kai yelled desperately. “I’m sorry I’m sorry!” He sank to the floor and grabbed at Chen’s wrists. “Why are you crying?” He half yelled, half sobbed. “I didn’t do anything wrong! You let Kris and Suho kiss you all the time!”

“On the cheek,” Chen whined. “You can’t kiss on the lips!”

“Why not?” Kai demanded. “Why…” he trailed off, wondering what he could possibly say to make this better, and he couldn’t think of a single thing. He burst into tears.

Chen jumped and gave Kai a desperate look. “Why are you crying?”

“I can’t do anything right with you,” Kai wailed. “Why can’t I do anything right?” He really was trying, he’d even played nice with Chen this time.

For a minute Chen just watched him cry. Then he scooted closer, until he was sitting so close that their shoulders touched.

“Please don’t cry,” he begged quietly. “I wasn’t crying before, I promise.”

Kai sniffled and wiped his eyes. “Why am I only bad at being your friend?” he hiccupped. “Do you really not like me?”

“I do like you!” Chen cried.

“Then why were you yelling at me for kissing you?” Kai demanded.

“Kissing on the lips is for people you love! It’s for when you get married!” Chen yelped. “Have you kissed people on the lips before?”

Kai looked up, lower lip quivering. “N-no,” he stuttered. “But I didn’t know it was bad…”

He looked so heartbroken, sitting there with tears still trailing down his cheeks and big, sad eyes. Chen knew he hadn’t meant anything malicious by it. Kai hadn’t watched his parents kiss, he didn’t know that it was only for people in love.

“It’s not bad,” Chen hedged. “It’s just…”

Kai sniffled again. “Was I bad at it?”

Chen felt like his face was on fire. “Were you what?” He yelped.

“Was I—”

“I know what you said!” Chen screamed. “Don’t say it again!”

Suddenly Kai stood up and stomped his foot. “Well you asked me!”

“Yes but…but…Kai!”

Kai jabbed his finger in Chen’s chest. “You’re the big dummy!” He yelled. And then he stomped off.

 

Two (after drabble #17)

Kai and Chen walked back from the woods in silence. It turns out that while pouring your heart out can be very therapeutic, it’s also kind of hard to say anything afterwards. Everything else feels too trivial.

Back at the campsite, Suho and Lay were already awake and putting together some food.

“Where’d you two go off to?” Lay asked.

“Walking,” Chen blurted.

“Talking,” Kai said calmly at the same time.

Suho gave them a suspicious look. “Have you been crying? You both look all red and guilty.”

Chen shifted under the scrutiny. “We’re fine, I promise.”

“Yes,” Kai said, and then he grabbed Chen’s hand. “We’re fine.”

They spent the entire day walking together. Sometimes they didn’t say anything, other times they said the most trivial things.

“You want a chip?” Kai asked, holding out the bag. Keen and Daisy looked up hopefully, waiting for crumbs to be dropped.

“No thanks,” Chen said politely, shoving the dog’s noses out of the way.

{“Oh my god,” Sehun whispered behind them. “It’s like watching married half-siblings.”

“Don’t confuse poor Lu Han,” Kris scolded. “He’ll believe that.”}

But as the days passed they warmed up. They put the post confession awkwardness behind them and decided to be friends. They talked for real, about things they didn’t even know about each other.

“I really had no idea you wanted to be a doctor,” Chen gasped one day. “I knew you read medical texts but…wow.”

“I love psychology best,” Kai gushed. “I think I got into it because of you. I wanted to understand you so much that I decided I’d do anything it took.”

Chen felt like he wanted to melt. “That’s possibly the sweetest thing I’ve ever heard, and that includes all the stuff Sehun says to Lu Han.” Kai blushed and Chen grabbed his hand. “I never knew you were such a sap.”

Kai rubbed his thumb across Chen’s fingers. “Now you know. Now you can know everything.”

Perhaps that was the most wonderful part of it. They did like each other, but they didn’t really know each other. And as they learned, they found more things to love. Maybe it wasn’t such a surprise then when they came across and abandoned cluster of houses and grouped off, and Kai and Chen wound up in the same house. Just the two of them. All alone, with only Keen for company.

Of course they shared a bed. Of course Chen woke up pressed tight against Kai’s chest even though he had plenty of room. Of course one morning Kai came in to the kitchen, found Chen already up, grinned sleepily and kissed him gently on the mouth like it was the most natural thing to do.

Kai panicked right afterwards though.

“Oh my god,” he gasped, covering his mouth. “I don’t know why I did that. I must really love screwing up. Please don’t get mad at me like you did last time.”

His voice got quieter and quieter as he went on, finally he was left staring at Chen with wide eyes and his hand still over his mouth. Chen grabbed his hand and pulled it away.

“It’s okay this time, you dummy,” Chen said, and he smiled so wide he felt like his cheeks wouldn’t be able to hold it. “I liked it.”

Slowly, Kai smiled back. “Yeah?” He asked shyly. He gently cupped the back of Chen’s neck. “Can we do it again?”

 

Three

“Chen, can you hand me my shirt?”

Chen blinked a few times. He stared quite a bit. He opened and closed his mouth.

Kai grinned. “Hello, Chen? Are you awake?”

Chen pinched himself. Ow, yes he was awake.

Holy cow, he was awake.

“KAI!” He screamed, covering his face as he blushed furiously. He didn’t see Kai jump and cover his heart, nor did he see Keen jump from the corner of the room and run away. “OH MY GOD, WHERE IS YOUR SHIRT?”

“You are sewing it up!” Kai yelled back. “And why are you yelling?!”

“You’re walking around the house half !” Chen screamed. “By the Tree, you…you big dummy!”

“Great insult,” Kai deadpanned. Chen felt him come closer, he could actually feel the body heat coming off of him, and then he felt the sofa dip and he leapt up, face still covered.

“Don’t you come near me when you’re indecent!” He yelped, scurrying away. “You stay far away—”

Of course he would trip over the carpet. Of course.

“Holy crap!” Kai yelled, and Chen heard him run over. “, are you okay?!”

“M’fine,” Chen mumbled, lying on his side holding his mouth. Kai turned him over and pried his hand away.

“,” he swore. “Chen, you’re bleeding!”

“No , Sherlock,” Chen snapped. Then he realized Kai was still shirtless.

“YOU ARE STILL INDECENT!”

Kai jerked back, holding his ears. “You’re bleeding to death and that’s what you’re thinking about?”

“I’m not—”

“Stop talking,” Kai snapped. He scooped his arms under Chen, under his arms and legs, and lifted him. So of course, Chen was now pressed to Kai’s chest. His bare chest. Chen wondered how his face hadn’t managed to burst into flames yet.

“Put me down,” he ordered.

“Okay,” Kai shrugged, and he placed Chen down on the kitchen counter. Keen looked up from his paws and glared at them before trotting away once more. ‘Come back,’ Chen thought desperately. As if the dog could save him.

Kai grabbed one of the towels they’d dug out of a closet and handed it to Chen. “Hold it on the cut.”

“Ew, no way,” Chen protested. He couldn’t even talk properly because it hurt too much. “It’s covered in mouse poop.”

“It is not!” Kai protested. “These houses don’t have mice!”

It was true. Apparently in neighborhoods like this mice and bugs weren’t a problem. You could even have electricity and hot water despite the house being empty for 15 years. Rich people had everything.

“Still,” Chen muttered, pushing the towel away. “I don’t want it near my mouth.”

Kai scowled and huffed. “You’re impossible.”

“And you’re still indecent,” Chen said, pointedly looking away.

“It’s just my shirt!” Kai cried.

“Aren’t you cold?” Chen fired back. “Go cover up.”

“Why?” Kai demanded. “You didn’t have a problem before, you were staring at me for five minutes.”

“I was staring at your mark,” Chen fired back. “You know I think it’s cool.”

“And you’re always sticking your hands in my shirt,” Kai pointed out.

Chen floundered for some kind of excuse. “My hands are cold,” was the best he could come up with.

Kai grinned at him. “Don’t even front, we both know you think I’m hot.”

Chen blushed. “I know you’re hot,” he mumbled. He was actually very jealous of that—Kai had been working out since day one on this planet. Chen had done nothing but hide from spiders and bad things. Needless to say he wasn’t nearly as built as Kai was. And even though yes, Chen did have sort of a weakness for Kai’s physique, that didn’t mean it was okay for him to walk around half .

Kai leaned even closer and Chen moved back. Kai grabbed his shirt and held him still.

“It looks like your lip is healing,” he murmured, staring intently at the wound. “You must have pretty sharp teeth to cut it up like that.”

“No, I just fell too hard,” Chen muttered without looking up. Kai grabbed the towel and wet it under the faucet. He started to wipe the trickle of blood off Chen’s chin. Now that Chen was thinking about it, his lip really hurt, as did his chin. He rubbed his jaw absently and Kai inspected that too.

“Does it hurt?” He asked, tipping Chen’s head back and looking for bruising. Chen bit his tongue so he wouldn’t gasp or moan or something equally telling.

“N-no,” Chen stuttered.

Kai looked genuinely disappointed. “Too bad, I was going to offer to kiss it better.”

Chen let out a garbled sort of yelp and Kai smirked at him.

“What?” He asked innocently. Too innocently.

“You’re such a loser,” Chen whined.

Kai bent his head so that his lips brushed against Chen’s throat. “You love me for it,” he whispered.

Chen squeezed his eyes shut at the first press of Kai’s lips. His mouth fell open in a gasp when Kai’s tongue darted out and at the skin under his jaw.

Chen whimpered and grabbed and handful of Kai’s hair, trying to pull him up for a kiss. Kai allowed himself to be pulled up but he held Chen back from kissing him.

“Your lip is still healing,” Kai protested. “You’ll bleed all over again.”

Chen whined again and grabbed at Kai’s shoulders, pulling him closer. Kai stood between his legs and held on to his hips, lowered his head again and kissed the spot just under his ear that always made Chen squirm. Again, Chen tried to kiss Kai and was held back.

“I mean it,” Kai scolded. “You’ll get hurt.”

“I want to kiss you,” Chen grumbled.

Kai grinned and kissed his cheek. “Later,” he promised. “First it’s my turn.”

He went back to Chen’s neck, kissing down to his collarbones and then tugging the t-shirt of his way.

Chen grabbed Kai’s hands. “Wait,” he stuttered. “I, um…you can take it off if you want to.” He said the last part in a bit of a rush, and he thought maybe Kai hadn’t understood him because all he did was stare.

“I said—”

“I heard you,” Kai said hoarsely. “But…are you sure? You don’t have to if you don’t want to, I know you’re shy about this, I don’t want to pressure you.”

Chen grabbed the hem of his shirt. “I’m sure,” he promised. Kai helped him tug it up over his head and together they threw it on the floor. Chen felt a bit silly, sitting on the counter half with Kai staring at him.

“What?” Chen whined, squirming back. “Why are you staring at me?”

“Your mark,” Kai answered. “I’ve never seen it before.”

Oh, Chen thought. His mark was lower on his chest than Kai’s was, almost near his ribcage. The scorpion was diagonal on his chest, unlike most marks which were placed vertically. Kai gently traced his fingers over it, starting at the head of the scorpion and trailing down to the tail, which curled up around Chen’s heart would be.

Suddenly Kai stood up. “Come here,” He said, tugging Chen down off the counter and pulling him over to the couch.

“What was wrong with the counter?” Chen huffed. His legs felt like jelly, he didn’t want to walk.

Kai sat down and then he patted his leg. “Sit,” he said.

“On your lap?” Chen asked incredulously. “Why?”

“You could lie down if you want,” Kai shrugged.

Chen felt his face heat up again. “Why?” he repeated.

“I want to kiss you,” Kai said simply.

“And you need me to sit on you because…?”

Kai sighed. “I can’t reach otherwise.”

“Reach what?” Chen pestered.

“Chen,” Kai said calmly. “Just trust me.”

Chen hesitated for just one more second, but he finally stepped up and let Kai pull him down so that Chen straddled his legs.

“Now what…” Chen started to say, but he trailed off when Kai leaned forward and pressed his lips to Chen’s mark.

“Oh,” Chen gasped as Kai now traced the tail of the scorpion with his tongue. “Oh.

Chen had no idea how long they sat there, Chen clinging to Kai’s shoulders as he covered Chen’s chest, not just his mark but his entire chest, in kisses. Chen found himself pushing away at one point so he could lie down on the couch. Kai hovered over him, panting slightly and for a second they just looked at each other and tried to catch their breath. Then Kai slid down Chen’s body and kissed his stomach, his hips, his sides…he his way back up and stopped at Chen’s mark again.

“I love you,” he whispered. “I love all of you, even if you don’t.”

Chen covered his mouth with both hands and closed his eyes so Kai wouldn’t see just how much he wanted to cry hearing that. Kai pried one hand away and cradled it his hands, turning it over so he could kiss Chen’s palm.

“I love you Jongdae,” he breathed. “I love you, I love you…”

Chen sat up and kissed the next words out of Kai’s mouth. Neither of them cared about the stupid cut anymore. Kai grabbed Chen and held him so close that Chen could feel Kai’s heart beating.

“I love you too Jongin,” Chen whispered into the kiss. Kai pulled back because he was crying, and once Chen saw that there was no holding him back anymore.

“Why are we crying?” Chen asked a few minutes later.

Kai actually laughed at that. “We’re happy? We’re in love? We’re both really dumb?”

“All three,” Chen decided. “But you’re the bigger dummy.”

“You are!” Kai fired back, kissing Chen soundly before he could protest.

There would be time to bicker about that later, Chen thought as he wrapped his arms around Kai’s shoulders. Much, much later.

 

I LOVE THE FLUFF. I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT!! I'm going to write more 2Jong I swear oh my god they are too cute!!

Happy belated Valentines Day!

 

Poll added 2/17 - please vote!