Chapter 9

2012 through the eyes of Luhan and Sehun

Sehun POV

I was woken up on my birthday by 4 boys jumping on my bed screaming happy birthday our Sehunnie and various presents being thrown at me.

 

“Open them up Sehunnie!!!!” Baekhyun urged.

“Nono, you have to open mine first!!!” Chanyeol argued.

“Ugh, why do you always have to compete against me.” Baekhyun glared.

“Haha, thanks guys. Um I’ll just open whichever one’s closest.” I picked up a big white box.

“That’s from us!” Suho exclaimed whilst grabbing D.O.

I opened up the box and found a new pair of trainers that I had my eye on a month ago.

“WAH! Hyungs!!! Gomawo! How did you know!”

“D.O sees everything with his big owl eyes. We knew you had your eyes on them!”

“Mine next!” Chanyeol a small blue box at me.

I unwrapped it and found a beautiful silver watch.

“It’s beautiful, thank-you Channie!”

“No problem, now you won’t have to ask us what time it is every minute!”

“Okay okay, now for the best one!” Baekhyun a purple gift bag into my hands.

I opened the bag to see a large photo frame with a collage of photos with all the EXO boys in it, from the first day we met til now. My eyes scanned across the frame; there was the time Channie had worn Suho’s underwear by accident and Suho was chasing him around the dorm, the time D.O saw a mouse and climbed onto the couch screaming and crying, the time Tao was showing Kris how to do a kick flip and Kris sent his shoe flying into Chen’s face. My eyes began watering when I saw the picture of me and Luhan hugging after a long dance training session.

 

I heard Chanyeol whisper to Baekhyun, “I told you you shouldn’t have used that picture!”

 

I sniffed, “No, no, it’s perfect. Thank you so SO much Baekhyun. And everyone else. Really. I’m crying because I’m happy.”

 

We went in for a group hug and I wiped the tears from my face and smiled at them.

 

“Thank you for making my birthday special.”

“Anything for our maknae.” Suho smiled whilst ruffling my hair.

“Now get ready, we have practice in half an hour!” D.O said to me whilst they walked out of my room.

 

I reached over for my phone and saw 20 new messages. Most were from family and school friends but 1 stuck out in particular.

 

From: Kai

If he texts today, you are under no circumstances to reply to him. I’ll know if you do…

 

I sighed heavily. I don’t know what made me feel worse, the fact that Luhan wishing me happy birthday had a one in a million chance or that even if he, on the very unlikely chance did text me, I couldn’t even reply.

 

I kept scrolling through my various messages until I saw a familiar name that caused my heart to beat erratically.

 

 From: Lulu

Happy birthday, Sehun.

 

I didn’t know what to do…

 

If I texted him back (and I really really wanted to), I don’t even know what Kai would do to me. And if I didn’t, he might hate me (even more so) and I really really didn’t want that to happen.

 

D.O shouted upstairs that I needed to be ready and out the door in 5 minutes so I quickly made the decision to just do it.

 

To: Lulu

Gomawo, hyung.

 

I made sure to delete all traces of any conversation between us.. I wonder how Kai would even know if we talked.. My thoughts were interrupted by a frantic Suho dragging me into the bathroom and forcing me to brush my teeth. I would have to ponder over this later.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: Better late than never to write about Sehun finally turning legal, right? :P A little Hanhun in this, more to come soon! Thank you everyone for commenting and subscribing :) You guys make me smile so much :')