Chapter 13

2012 through the eyes of Luhan and Sehun

Luhan POV

I had more or less put my heart on my sleeve what with pretty much confessing to Sehun (twice) on nation wide television with my birthday messages, I mean no one is that keen to wish happy birthday to just a friend and also texting him to make sure that he watched it... But I hadn’t gotten any reply from him so far. I considered texting Kai about the whereabouts of Sehun but I remembered how he felt about the other and decided against it.

 

I didn’t even realize that I was pacing up and down the corridor of our green room until Lay placed a hand on my shoulder and muttered “Stop.” I turned my head to see everyone else watching me with worried looks on their faces.

 

“Ge, are you alright?” Tao asked.

I nodded, “Yeah, yeah I’m fine. Um, has anyone else heard from Sehun?” I asked nervously.

Everyone shook their heads.

“I’m sure he just hasn’t seen it yet.” Xiu Min said confidently.

The others nodded in agreement.

Kris chimed in with, “I mean, if Chanyeol ever left me a birthday message , I’d be on him in a heartbeat.”

I raised my eyebrow at Kris whilst Chen and Tao snickered.

“..I didn’t mean it literally!!!! God, you es. I just meant like I would talk to him as soon as I saw it..” Kris muttered.

 

I chuckled, “Thanks Kris. Yeah I’m sure he just hasn’t seen it yet…”

But a small qualm of doubt lingered in the back of my head, even Kai had seen it.. He had texted me saying that he hoped I would do the same for him on his birthday; but still nothing from the actual birthday boy himself. Goddammit, I felt like a teenage girl waiting for her prince charming to acknowledge her in the hallways of high school.

 

I sighed before sitting down next to Lay and tried to get some shut-eye before our next schedule.

 

Sehun POV

I lifted my head slightly from under the covers to get a better look at Chanyeol-hyung. Was he kidding? Was this some secret camera prank everyone was pulling on me?

 

But everything on his face was telling me the opposite. His brows were furrowed in worry, waiting for an answer from me. A few seconds passed before I repeated my same reply.

 

“WHAT?”

Chanyeol winced, “Jeez Sehun, can you actually say something instead of WHAT?!”

“..Mianhae hyung, but this is just…so sudden...”

“I’m sorry that I just sprung it on you, but well, it is your birthday today and I thought it would be a good time to confess.”

“But hyung…you know…I don’t feel the same way about you…I mean…me..and Luhan…” I trailed off.

Chanyeol’s face fell and I regretted rejected him like this.

“Hyung, I’m sorry. I really am, you are such a great hyung to me and I do love you. But I’m just..not in love with you..”

Chanyeol nodded slightly, “It’s okay Sehunnie, I’m just glad I got this off my chest.. I hope we can still remain good friends?”

I grinned, “Of course hyung! Now give me a hug!” I momentarily forgot about my face situation as I leaned over to give him a bear hug.

Chanyeol gasped with his hand over his mouth, “Sehun... what happened to your face?!”

He gently touched it and I hissed in pain.

“Um, nothing. I just fell on the way home, I think I had too much soju haha…” I giggled nervously.

“Sehun, you’re lying. I can tell since your lisp is going crazy right now.”

I blushed.

“Now tell me the truth!”

I hesitated, but it wouldn’t hurt to get some help right now.

“Okay hyung, but you have to promise not to tell anyone. Okay?”

“Sehunnie, if you need help I’m going to have to tell someone! I can’t just keep that to myself!”

“No hyung, if you want to know, you have to promise me. Please.” I begged him with my puppy dog eyes.

He paused for a few seconds before sighing, “Okay, okay. I won’t tell anyone.”

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: Hope I didn't freak out anyone with the sudden confession from Channie haha but that was pretty much the fastest confession/rejection scene ever, am I right :P Thank you everyone as always for the amazing comments, you guys make my day <3 :)