Chapter 19

2012 through the eyes of Luhan and Sehun

Sehun’s POV

 “Channie hyung, I’m fine, you don’t have to keep nursing me.”

Chanyeol merely swatted my hands away and continued to ice my swollen cheeks.

“I cannot believe he did this to you, and I can’t believe I was just across the hall! I could’ve stopped this! Argh, I’m so stupid! Stupid Chanyeol!!!”

“Hyung! Hyung, listen to me, it’s fine. Really. I’m just glad you and Suho hyung got there in the end.”

I could sense Chanyeol still felt guilty so I pulled him into a hug and gradually felt his tense shoulders relax.

“I’m so sorry Sehunnie, I swear to god I am killing him later.”

I chuckled slightly, “It’s okay hyung, I’m sure Suho hyung is giving the lecture of the century to him right now.”

“Yeah well, Suho’s just using words, I’m going to use my fists.”

I took his hand into mine and said softly, “Please don’t Channie, just, you even thinking of these things for me, is enough.”

Chanyeol shook his head manically, “No Sehun, don’t you understand? He needs to be punished!! Look at what he did to you today! Not to mention the weeks beforehand!” Chanyeol was getting more and more worked up about it.

“Hyung, I know he did bad things, but my parents have always told me the importance of forgiveness. And if he, by some miracle does apologize, I will forgive him. The band comes first and I can’t let our relationship ruin everyone’s dreams.”

Chanyeol gently wiped away a tear from  his eye, “We have the most amazing maknae.”

“Gomawo hyung.”

He removed the ice packs from my cheeks and reported, “The swelling is going down, thank god since we have that photoshoot tomorrow!”

“Oh my god, the coordi-noonas are going to kill me.”

Chanyeol laughed and I was glad the tension had diffused.

“Oh by the way hyung, what were you doing in your room before?”

Chanyeol blushed a deep red and muttered something about a phone call and…Kris?!

“WHAT?! KRIS CALLED YOU!?!?!”

Chanyeol shushed me with his finger, “Not so loud! But yes, he..called me before and…confessed.” Chanyeol couldn’t even look me in the eye, the boy was so cute when he was embarrassed.

“Oh my gosh, hyung!!! I’m sososo happy for you!!!!!!! You deserve it!!! So, how did he confess?!!? Was he nervous? Oh my god, I’ve never seen Kris hyung nervous before!!! Oh my god you guys are going to be soooo cute!”

Chanyeol blushed even harder whilst gently slapping me in annoyance, but I could tell he was secretly enjoying this.

“Well, yeah he was quite nervous haha He kept stuttering! Which was soo adorable! And we’re going to do so many things when EXO-M fly back next week! And ohh we were talking about pet names for each other and he calls me his lovely! How cute is that! Ahhh.”

I giggled, I had never seen Chanyeol so giddy, it was adorable!

 

A knock on the door jolted us out of our conversation as we waited for the person behind the door to speak.

 

“Sehun….may I…please come in?”

Chanyeol immediately frowned at the sound of Kai’s voice and started making his way to the door.

“Go away Jongin, Sehun’s in no state to talk to you right now.” Chanyeol hissed.

“Please hyung, I..I need to speak to him. I need to tell him how unbelievably sorry I am. Please.” Kai’s voice filled with remorse and I slowly nodded to Chanyeol to let him in.

Chanyeol looked over and whispered, “Are you sure?”

I replied again with a small nod.

Chanyeol sighed before opening the door and glaring at Kai, “If you touch one more hair on that boy’s head I swear to god I will slay you Kim Jongin.”

Kai nodded frantically whilst looking at the ground.

“I’ll be right outside Sehun, call me if you need me okay?” Chanyeol gave one last glare to Kai before closing the door behind him.

 

A cloud of silence surrounded us and I could feel my heartbeat thumping in my ears. Kai was still standing at the door, debating whether or not to walk forward.

 

A few minutes passed with just the sounds of our breaths and the occasional look at each other. Finally, Kai broke the silence and with a soft voice he uttered, “I’m sorry.”

I waited, unsure of how I should reply.

When he didn’t hear a response from me Kai took a few hesitant steps towards me and kneeled to the ground.

“Please, Sehun, I’m begging you to forgive me. I..I am so unbelievably sorry for all the pain I have caused you. Please, just, say something. Hit me, I deserve it. Please, just say something!”

Kai’s voice was almost hysterical now and I could see the effects of the alcohol had begun to wear off and he was no longer the confident and cocky person we saw everyday. Now, he was just a self-conscious, weary boy kneeling in front of me who wanted my forgiveness.

 

My head turned to get a better look at Kai and I was shocked to find his face almost in the same state as mine.

 

“Kai..your face…” I whispered.

He instinctively reached up to his face before wincing in pain.

“Ah, yeah, um that was from earlier…”

My eyes widened, “S-s-suho hyung did that to you?!”

He bit his lip in hesitation before answering, “..It was an accident..and besides, I deserved it.”

I frowned, “Kai, no-one deserves to be abused like that.”

Suho laughed bitterly, “That’s what Suho hyung said too. God, I am seriously the worst person on earth.”

I sighed, “No, Kai, don’t say that.”

“It’s true though! Suho hyung told me everything that you did for me, I can’t believe I didn’t notice it before! And what did I do? Break your heart and cause you so much emotional and physical pain for weeks. I deserved the slaps, and more.”

I was surprised to see this side of Kai, I hadn’t realized how vulnerable he was. He was an incredible dancer and I could see how fatigued he was getting every day; I was just being a team player. I smiled at how much Kai appreciated this.  Seeing his cheeks still flushed from the slaps earlier, I picked up my ice- pack and placed it on his cheek.

 

Kai hissed in pain from the sudden coldness of the ice before relaxing.

“Why are you doing this Sehun? Why are you helping me?”

I paused, asking myself the same question.

“Because hyung, no matter what happens or what happened, hyung will always be my band mate, my family, my friend…”

Kai’s eyes teared up at my words and embraced me in a sudden hug.

“I’m sorry Sehunnie, I’m sorry, I promise from now on I’m going to be the best hyung ever to you.”

My body relaxed into his hug and I gently squeezed him back, “I’d like that hyung.”

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: alskdjalskdjkalsjd I hope I wrote this chapter okay :S thank you again to all my lovely commenters and subscribers <3 i'm super sorry this story is ending, but don't fret because i will defs be back and writing more soon! :) please let me know what you thought of this chapter and the very last one will come soon....

p.s: pre stoked that im ending on a nice round number (20) haha would've if we ended on like 23 or something and then i would've had to write like 7 more chapters..okay now im just rambling.......