Chapter 18

2012 through the eyes of Luhan and Sehun

Suho POV

I had just gotten off the phone with a very frantic Luhan, urging me to return to the dorm to check up on Sehun. I could barely hear him as he was speaking a mile a minute but it seemed like it had something to do with Kai… I recalled Sehun’s face as he spoke about Kai earlier tonight and my gut feeling told me I had to run the last mile to the dorm.

 

The first thing to greet me when I entered the dorm was a loud THUMP coming from Sehun’s room. My heart was pumping from the adrenaline after my run and also worrying what would await me behind Sehun’s door.

 

I opened the door to find Sehun sprawled on the floor with blood gushing down his cheeks, I had to physically cover my mouth with my hand to prevent me from screaming. A figure entered behind me, and I saw Chanyeol’s face turn from one of shock to fury.

 

“How dare you, Kim Jongin.” Chanyeol growled and I had to physically hold him back from lunging at Kai.

Kai turned his heads towards us, confusion clouding his face. I could tell he had been drinking since he could barely stand.

 

My mind went blank for a few seconds whilst staring at this horrific scene, but then my leader skills kicked in.

 

“Chanyeol, help clean Sehun up. Kim Jongin, get in my room right now!”

 

I walked over to Sehun and cupped his face, “I’m so sorry Sehunnie, are you okay?”

His face curled into a slight grin, “Nae hyung, I’m glad you’re here.”

I hugged him gently, “I’m so so sorry I wasn’t here earlier. I just got off the phone with your boyfriend.”

Sehun blushed before looking away.

Kai scoffed and glared at us, “Oh, you’re boyfriends now?”

I turned to look at Kai and I felt all my anger bubble up and rise inside me.

“That’s it Kim Jongin, you come with me RIGHT this instant.”

I pulled on his ear and led him to my room and shut the door.

 

As soon as I closed the door I pushed Kai to the ground.

“You. Explain everything. Right now.” I snarled.

“There’s nothing to explain.” He hissed.

“Like hell there isn’t! How long have you been tormenting Sehun?”

He remained silent.

“HOW LONG KIM JONGIN?!”

He winced from the tone of my voice, “I don’t know..a few weeks?”

I swore under my breath, I couldn’t believe this had all been going on under my nose.

Kim seemed to revel in this moment , “I’m disappointed in you hyung. Didn’t you swear to protect and guard all of us? Didn’t seem to do a very good job now did you?”

My hand came in contact with his face out of reflex, before I could say anything Kai was howling in pain.

 

“What the hell hyung?! Don’t blame me for your poor leader skills!”

“That’s enough Kai! How could you do this? How could you do this to someone in your own group? Your family! Sehun has been so good to you over the years, I know he tidies your locker, holds your books and buys your lunch for you at your school. And yet, you treat him like nothing.”

“That’s because he is nothing!”

I felt my temper rise again and another slap reached Kai’s face.

Kai’s nose started bleeding but he refused to show any signs of weakness and continued to glare at me.

“Kim Jongin, I want to tell you something, and this is something you should never forget. In every single meeting I’ve had with Lee Soo-Man, he has brought you up. He thinks you’re arrogant, hot-tempered and easily replaceable. It was only last week that he told me that Sehun has been going in every other week to tell him how well you dance and how hard you work. Did you know that?”

Kai continued to remain silent.

“Every time manager hyung wants you to go buy groceries or take-away, Sehun volunteers to go instead because he knows how late you stay up working on your dancing.”

Kai’s shoulders were slumped now, as if trying to resist defeat but failing to do so.

“And lastly, Sehun has always suggested that you get the front seat in the car ever since you had your waist injury. But you, you arrogant, ungrateful child is blind to all of this and continue to treat the one person who respects and admires you and your talent, like dirt. So I hope you know Kai, that you have lost every single friend and fan in our group.”

I expected Kai to fight back, to shout abuse at me, to lunge at my throat. But instead, he sat there resigned. I was waiting for an answer from him when I realized that he was crying.

 

In between sobs, he managed to say “I had no idea”.

My heart softened slightly as I kneeled down and lifted up his face.

“Kai, I’m so sorry I slapped you, but you just have no idea how angry it made me to hear those words come out of your mouth.”

He whimpered slightly at my touch and I felt so insanely awful. No matter what he had done or said, I should not have lost my cool like that! What kind of leader was I if I lashed out on my own brothers, my family?!

I pulled Kai in for a hug as he openly wept into my shirt.

After a few minutes, he opened his mouth to speak.

“Hyung, I just want you to know that I am sorry. I don’t know what came over me, it was almost like my mind and body were being possessed. It was all I could think about day and night. And all I could think about was getting Luhan, I got so caught up in it all that I simply had to get rid of anyone who stood in my way.”

He sighed deeply, “I’m so sorry hyung.” He looked up with tearful eyes, “Will you forgive me?”

I could see the sincerity in his eyes and I felt terrible yet again, “Of course I do Kai. I have to apologize as well, I can’t believe I hit you, I’m so so sorry, hyung will never ever let that happen again.” I said as I hugged him tightly.

Kai shook his head, “Anni hyung, I deserved it.”

I lifted his head towards mine and said firmly, “No Kai, no one, for any reason, deserves to be hit.”

Kai looked away bashfully, “Algaesumnida hyung.”

I smiled at him and gently his face, “I’ll get an ice pack for you okay?”

Kai gently shook his head, “Anni hyung, I’ll do it myself, and I think I should go and beg for forgiveness from Sehunnie now.”

I smiled, “I think that’s a good idea, you’re a good boy Kai.”

He smiled a small smile in return and began making his way out of my room and towards Sehun’s.

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: Okay I hope I did this chapter justice eeeeek and I hope everyone can forgive Kai now? 0:) Thank you again to all my beautiful commenters and subscribers, you guys are amazing! And um I want to say there are like about 2 chapters left? :(