The fight

Deliria High: The Dance Partner

 

Sorry I'm updating so fast but I'm super impatient and I love to hear what you all think :) HyeSu I know you are going to kill me for this ^.^ All I can say for this chapter is drama drama drama drama! Please comment and subscribe, thanks! -Wave <3

----------------------------------

One Saturday we were all sat in the dance studio. Even JR was here, even though he was very quiet. We were talking about childhood games (Minhyun was trying to explain a game he had played that had involved tomato ketchup) when HyeSu suddenly said,

“Let’s play hide and seek.”

Everyone was immediately up for it. I got to my feet pulling Ren with me.

There was silence.

Then...

“Bagsy not counting.” I yelled.

“Bagsy not counting!”Baekho screamed.

“Bagsy not counting!” Aron cried.

“Bagsy not counting!” HyeSu shrieked.

JR managed to mumble “Bagsy not counting.” Before Ren had even gathered what was happening. His mouth made a little ‘o’ shape of surprise when he realised.

“I didn’t know what was happening!” He complained.

“That’s the whole point Ren!” Said Baekho rolling his eyes and slinging an arm around Ren’s neck.

“We’ll only hide on this floor to make it easier. “ I said.

But you have to catch the person to get them.” Said Minhyun mischieveously. Ren sighed and smiled.

“Fine fine.”

I squeezed his hand and he stuck his tongue out at me.

“Start counting Ren! Count to 20.” Baekho said impatiently.

Ren covered his eyes and started counting.

“1..2..3”

We scattered.

I hurtled down the corridor on the left of the dance studio. The corridors were empty; it was quite late, and I knew if any teacher saw me I would be dead. I could hear the sounds of the others laughter rippling through the air. I thudded down corridor after corridor and pushed past double doors.

I stopped.

Ahead of me I could see JR running. When he saw me he came to a halt too.

“Minhyun hyung I can see you!” I heard Ren say happily. He was very close. Quickly JR took my hand and we began running again. I was breathless and laughing.

“I can’t run anymore.” I gasped.

JR laughed and stopped. I bent over, holding my sides. I was happy that JR seemed able to laugh with me. Perhaps we could be friends. Me being with Ren didn’t have to make things awkward between us.

I stood up straight, ready to tell him this, when suddenly he leant in and kissed me.

My blood stopped racing around my body. My heart stopped. His lips were soft and warm and moved against mine as though trying to tell me something. I felt his arms around my waist, drawing my closer. My mind seemed to be moving slowly, as though through mud.

Finally it caught up.

I drew back viciously.

“What the actual do you think you’re doing.” I cried.

JR’s gaze was scorching.

“I can’t do it Minjae, I need you.” He said in a low voice. I shook my head in shock.

“I’m with Ren.” I shouted. “Remember?”

“I know, and I hate what I’m doing but seeing you two together.” He put his head in his hands and clawed at his hair. “I keep thinking it should be me.” He looked up and stepped towards me. He had me pinned against the wall. With one shaking finger he my cheek.

JR’s lips brushed mine again and then drew away. His breathing was heavy and hot against my face. He pressed his body against mine and leant in again, groaning softly.

“No!” I turned my head to the side. “ing stop it JR. I mean it!” I used all my might to push him away. There was a determination in his eyes that I didn’t like.

“Tell me you didn’t feel something just then Minjae.” He said quietly. And then louder. “ing tell me then!”

“Why won’t you just leave me alone.” I cried, wiping away angry tears from my face.

“Tell me Minjae.”

“Tell you what for s sake?”

“That you feel something for me!”

“I don’t!” I screamed

“Why are you lying to me.”

“Why are you so sure I feel something for you.” I countered. “I know you’re a lot of girls type but have you ever thought that maybe you’re not mine?”

All at once he was back in front of me, using his whole body weight to pin me against the wall. My breath hitched in my throat.

“You’re scaring me JR.”

“And you’re driving me crazy.”

“Please get off me.” I hated to beg.

“Not until you say it.”

I shook my head from side to side but JR caught my lips in a kiss, slipping his tongue inside my mouth. His hands were sliding from my waist to my hips and then curving up to my back. He placed his knee in between my legs and kissed me slowly, his nose brushing mine. It was so easy to get lost in the kiss, to focus on the sensations.

But no.

I wrenched my head to the side, pushing him away. Before he could grab me back, or even speak, I leapt into the corridor. Tears blinded my vision as I ran until finally I ran into something solid.

“Minjae!”

“Ren!” I sobbed. The reliefe was plain on my face. He cradled me against his chest, my face. He cooed soft words in my ear, but I could feel how tense he was. The ground pounded beneath my feet and Baekho came running up to us.

“What happened? I heard her crying from the other corridor!” He asked aghast.

Just then, JR walked around the corner and into the corridor. He stopped when he saw us.

Baekho looked at him, and then at me.

He realised instantly.

He grabbed Ren’s arm.

“Leave it Ren.”

For a moment it seemed like he would. But then gently, Ren let me go. He walked slowly up to JR, his face cold, his jaw set. It happened so fast I would have missed it if I’d blinked.

Ren swung his arm back punched JR full in the face.

I gasped sharply.

Baekho shouted “Ren no!” and tried to hold him back.

Ren struggled against Baekho, his face red.

“Why!” He screamed. “Why JR? Can’t you just be happy for me? Why can’t you let me be with Minjae? Do you have to have every single girl you see? There are how many girls in this school, ing hell there’s even HyeSu who lives 4 doors down. She’s pretty! Why don’t you pursue her. Why must you choose the same girl as me? Why?”

I'd never heard Ren swear before, I knew my eyes were round with shock.

JR looked away, massaging his jaw. Ren broke free from Baekho and leapt at JR again, pushing him against the wall. I’d actually never seen him like this, never knew he could be like this. He was wild, enraged. Even Baekho stood rooted to the spot in shock.

“Amswer me then JR.” Ren shouted.

“What do you want me to say.” JR replied.

“I want you to tell me why you won’t let her go.” Ren said right in to his face. “Minjae is mine and I love her.”

“I don’t want to hurt you Ren.” Said JR quietly.

Ren laughed bitterly, his fist clenching. I knew he was getting ready to punch JR again.

“But she kissed me back.”JR said.

My head jerked in shock, my eyes widening in disbelief. All the anger seemed to evaporate out or Ren in a second. I was in capable of speech.

“She wouldn’t.” He said quietly. “She told me she loved me. She was crying when she ran away from you.”

“She kissed me back Ren.” JR repeated. He shook himself from Ren’s grasp. The two of them looked at each other for a second before JR walked away. When he got to the double doors he paused and turned back.

“Do you ever think Ren. “He said, “That maybe I love Minjae too?”

And then he was gone through the door.

Ren stood shaking by the wall. Baekho tried to touch him but Ren stepped away.

“Ren,” I whispered. He flinched. “Don’t believe him Ren. I love you, I told you.” I reached out and grabbed his hand, pulling him so he would look at me. He dragged his eyes up to me and I saw everything  I didn’t want to see in his face.

“You may not have kissed him back.” He whispered. “But I’ll always be wondering what’s happening when I’m not around.”

He pulled his hand out of mine and walked off down the corridor.

No.

No.

“Ren!” I cried.

He didn’t turn around.

“Leave him.” Said Baekho as Ren disappeared through the double doors. He looked at me. “They’ve never had a physical fight before. Sometimes you do cause a lot of trouble Minjae.”

I nodded, completely understanding. The words hurt but I saw what a I must seem to Baekho. Arriving at this school and tearing his friends apart.

Baekho shook his head a little.

“I didn’t mean that.” He sighed. He came over and gave me a hug, patting my hair. “Just leave things for a while okay? Maybe they’ll sort themselves out.”

He didn’t seem very convinced of his own words.

They didn’t convince me either.

--------------------------------------------

I didn’t move from my room the whole of the next day. HyeSu suggested I go to the dance studio which reminded me of the kiss Ren and I had shared and made me cry even more. Eventually she gave up, and brought me tissues and glasses of water. Sometimes she sat on the bed with me and my hair, singing softly.

I kept falling asleep throughout the day. Several times I woke up to the door knocking. On the first occasion I leapt to the door and it open, thinking it would be Ren.

JR stood in the doorway.

He swallowed hard.

“Minjae.”

I stared at him.

“Is there any point in saying sorry?” He said.

I didn’t reply.

“I’m in love with you.”

I looked away.

“And I swear to you, there’s this thing  that’s telling me you feel the same-”

“Don’t you ever give up.” HyeSu hissed from behind me.

“Please .” JR begged. “Just let me say this.”

He looked at me again,

“I meant it when I said I’ve never fallen for a girl so fast, so hard.” He ran his hand through his hair. “Sometimes I want to laugh at myself, what a fool I’m being.”

“Damn right you are.” HyeSu muttered from behind me.

“I know that I have probably ruined everything and that there is a strong chance that there’ll never be anything between us but I just wanted you to know. That’s all.”

For a moment I didn’t say anything.

“Why are you here JR.” I said eventually, my voice dull. He faltered at my reaction.

“I...I just really wanted... you to know.”

“And what do you want me to do now?” I asked. “Forget about Ren and run into your arms? Pretend everything’s okay?” I chocked on the tears building in my throat. “That I don’t love him? Pretend I can forgive you for what you did?”

“No that’s not what I meant.” JR looked ready to cry himself.

“Do you want to do something for me that would really help?” I said.

JR nodded eagerly.

“Anything Minjae, anything at all...”

“Find Ren,” I interrupted. “And bring him here to me. Will you do that?”

JR’s eyes widened. His gaze dropped to the ground.

“No?” I whispered. “I didn’t think so. Good bye JR.”

I left him standing there and closed the door.

-------------------------------------------------

I'm aware some people may not like this/find it fustrating but it is just super fun to write! I do hope you enjoy all the drama though! I'll leave this chapter to simmer with you for a while.... -wave <3