Valentines Day

Deliria High: The Dance Partner

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UggIMs8pdE

----------------

Valentine’s Day.

I hit the dance studio early. I was in a really restless mood. It was chucking it down in buckets, the rain splattering against the windows. I put some warm up music and decided to start working on my solo. I managed to get down a few possible moves that I promised to show JR later. I really wanted to do well in my exams and the talent show. Not that I actually knew what I wanted to do with my life. I mean I knew I wanted to be a dancer, but ever since I was young, I’ve had the crippling fear that I wasn’t good enough.

JR. I wondered if I’d be seeing him today. I hadn’t forgotten what we’d implied earlier that week. That I’d show him I appreciated his body. Damn, that made me cringe at myself.
I sat down, notebook in hand and chewed on my pen, watching the rain fall. I was too preoccupied to work properly on my solo, which was ironic since I wanted to do so well. For some reason I felt so restless. I wished I could just do something reckless and stupid.

I stood up suddenly. Going over to the stereo, I switched the track to one of my old favourites that always inspired me. Turning it on full blast, I went over to the back doors of the dance studio and threw them open. It opened out on to the side of the school field. It was of course deserted because of the weather. Un tying my hair, I stepped outside.

I was instantly drenched. The rain ran down the side of my face like tears and soaked my hair. I took a deep breath and smiled up at the sky, totally aware that I could get pneumonia and possibly die. But at that moment I felt like I honestly was invincible, no matter how cheesy that sounds. I didn’t even care that it was raining at that I was standing right in it. I felt so freaking restless.

I was partly annoyed at myself. Why couldn’t I properly tell JR how I felt about him? That the way he looked at me made me want to push him against a wall or that he had to most amazing smile ever. Or that he really made me feel loved.

But when I tried to tell him these things, the words dried up in my throat as if they had never existed. I didn’t want him to think I was a soppy fool I guess.

Swaying to the music, I extended my arms and lifted my leg to the side. My Mother had made me do ballet since I was a young girl. I did a slightly slippery pirouette over the wet grass. I’d never been good at ballet, I liked contemporary and street dance, being able to break rules and just dance without having to stick to a strict set of moves.

I allowed myself to free style to the music, gently at first, not using all the space. And then, as if an explosion within me had taken place, I allowed myself to dance wildly. I didn’t even open my eyes or plan what moves to do in my head. I danced like the concept was to tell JR how much I wanted him.

-----------------                            

JR’s point of view:

 

HyeSu told me Minjae was in the dance studio when I went to find her. I had all our Valentine’s preparations sorted, all I was missing was her.

As I approached the dance studio, I heard the music pumping. I recognized the song as MBLAQ’s Cry. I stood leaning against the door and listened to the music, the lyrics whirling about in my head.

You’re my everything.

The reason I live on.

I was interested to see how she’d be dancing to this song. Opening the doors, I sneaked in.

“Huh?” I glanced around, puzzled, seeing that there was no one here. But then I saw the doors open at the end of the room.

She couldn’t possibly…

But she was. Dancing in the rain. My beautiful girl, soaked. I could tell she wasn’t dancing a routine; her movements were too free and expressive. She sank to the ground and pounded the floor, and then slowly stood up, running her hands up the side of her body and into her hair.  She slowly swayed her hips before breaking out into a dizzying pirouette. I could have watched her dance forever.

Please don’t leave me.

It was the most sensual dance I had ever seen her do. Normally she was all about being badass when she was dancing, using impressive moves, pushing herself to the limit. But here…She didn’t seem to care.

I’m so crazy.

She held the beat like a hook on the end of a fishing line. Every movement fitted in with the rhythm perfectly. Her hair clung to her face and shoulders as she moved, sweeping her feet and flicking her body to the side before jumping sharply.

Damn.

-----------

Minjae Point of View:

 

A pair of hands slipped round my waist, holding me close. I didn’t even have to open my eyes to see who it was. Instantly my heart started to beat faster and I sighed happily.

The music played on as we danced against each other, JR nuzzling his face in to my neck while his arms held me tight. I leant back against him and sighed. I swear this was one of the happiest moments of my life, feeling JR's body pressed against mine as we rocked to the music. I don't think I'd ever wanted anyone as much as I wanted him, and I could tell he wanted me too. My heart was beating fast, the rain still pounding down from the sky.

JR gently turned my face to the side. He smiled at me, eyes locking on to my lips. I kissed him full on the mouth. It started off as slow, gentle, lingering. Then I turned around fully and kissed him properly, his head automatically angling to adjust to the position. Kissing in the rain, just like I'd always wanted too. As I drew back and opened my eyes, I could see raindrops dangling on his eyelashes, his hair plastered to his forehead, breath misting my face.

“You haven't actually asked me to be your girl friend you know." I whispered.

“Will you be my girl friend?" He smiled.

“Oh come on, it has to be more romantic than that."

“Fine." He rested his forehead on mine. “I'll show you?"

“How?"

In reply, JR took my hand and led me inside. We dripped water everywhere, and JR was careful as he turned off the stereo. Still with our hands linked, JR pulled me out of the dance studio and down the corridors. To say we attracted odd looks was an understatement. We looked like we had taken a shower together.

JR turned down a quieter side corridor and stopped at number 18. Inserting a key card, he pushed the door open slowly to reveal the room.

My mouth had never fallen open so quick. The room was lit by the glow of several candles. It was simply furnished, there was no kitchen. Only a bedroom and bathroom. On the bed was a bouquet of flowers.

“I've never received flowers before!" I gasped reaching over and hugging them towards my chest. JR grinned bashfully.

 “Happy Valentine’s day!" He said, pawing the ground nervously. He ran a hand through his hair and looked up at me through his fringe.

Maybe I'll show you how much I appreciate your body.

I walked forward.

“Happy Valentine’s Day to you too.” I whispered, kissing him softly.

I pressed a hand against his chest and gently pushed him backwards against the door. Breaking away from his lips, I softly kissed along his jaw line and nibbled the top of his ear lobe. I ran my fingers in his hair, fluffing it up as he twirled strands of my own hair. My heart was beating at the speed of a stampede and I could feel JR’s heart pounding furiously too. As I kissed his neck, JR tried to kiss me but I held a finger to his lips.

“Why?” He mumbled.

“Because today is Valentine’s day.” I kissed the bottom of his neck. “Not white day and…”

JR cut me off in mid speech by attacking my lips. He ran his tongue along my bottom lip and his arms curved around my waist, pulling me closer and securing me against him.

“Please?”

I could hardly say no to that, honestly. JR walked forwards, still holding me, until the back of my knees hit the bed. I fell on to the sheets, JR falling with me, immediately leaning into a kiss. I tugged his hair and closed my eyes tight, focusing on to the sensations, wondering if this was actually going to end the way it looked like it was going too. Wondering if I was ready.

As if receiving all my thoughts, JR broke away from the kiss.

“We don’t have to do anything you know,” He said softly. “If you’re not ready.”

“Are you ready?” I asked.

“Only if you are.”

I bit my lip, staring up at him. My body was screaming ‘I’M READY!’, and I can fully say I was . I’d never seen a hotter sight staring down at me. But there was some insignificant, annoying complete part of me that wasn’t ready, that wasn’t sure. I loved him, I found him indescribably attractive, so what was stopping me? I’d only ever had once before in my life, truly the most awkward experience of my entire life, but it’s not that I was scared. I just…I didn’t even know.

JR seemed to reach some sort of conclusion. Taking my hands, he placed them on the bottom of his shirt. My eyes widened as I realised what he wanted me to do. I’d only ever seen him topless once all those months ago and he was hardly ever sleeveless and now he wanted me to undress him.

Hands shaking, I slowly pulled the top up and over his head.

Underneath he was wearing a black vest that outlined his body and revealed his shoulders and arms. I gulped as he leant up on his knees, looking down at me. He looked plain y. His collarbones led all the way to his shoulders and the straps of the vest top stretched over his rather broad shoulders. I bit my lip.

“What have I told you about lip biting?” He smiled, pulling me up until I was effectively on his lap. His hands slid up my t-shirt and smoothed along my back. I answered the question in his eyes with a nod. Gently, JR pulled my t-shirt off and wrapped it around my neck, bringing our bodies against each other. I sighed into the kiss he delivered to my mouth. His hands couldn’t get enough of my skin, rubbing it beneath his thumbs, his tongue darting out to my shoulder. He shifted round till he had his back against the headboard, me still straddling his hips, our kisses getting heated and more desperate.

Breathless, JR pulled back, leaning his forehead against mine as his fingers traced circles on my back.

“Are you ready for me?”

--------------