Conferring on the train

Deliria High: The Dance Partner

-HyeSu's point of view

“Okay, they’re starting to make a move.” I said quietly to L. He nodded and buttoned up his long beige coat.

We followed the ‘couple’ as they entered the subway station. Su-Ji stood by the ticket machine, looking at Sungyeol expectantly. His shoulders drooped and he dug in his pocket to bring out change for her ticket.

“She can’t even pay for her own ticket.” Said L, wrinkling his nose.

We followed at a good distance behind as they went down the stairs.  People bustled about on their daily business. I only managed to keep sight of Su-Ji by seeing Choding’s head bobbing about.

The train arrived on to the platform at the same moment we did. I slid in to the crowded carriage they were in and hid myself in the corner. L went and sat down, opening a newspaper to cover his face.

I rested my head against the wall, swaying along with the motion of the train.

The plan was simple.

Sungyeol had asked Su-Ji if he could take her out for the day. Su-ji being the arrogant child she was hadn’t thought it suspicious and had coyly accepted. Sungyeol was meant to lead Su-Ji into one of the abandoned warehouses that my family sometimes used to store boxes.

And then I was going to teach her a lesson about what happens to people who piss me off.

Sungyeol was going to take Su-Ji to a cafe we had chosen so it would make it look vaguely like a date.

Unless Myungsoo was planning to spill hot chocolate over Su-ji, I couldn’t think what havoc he was going to cause.

I yawned wildly and rubbed my eyes. I hadn’t been sleeping well. Minjae had been having nightmares and I often awoke up to her terror filled screams. Because of her. I threw a glance of hatred towards Su-Ji. Because of her and her stupid brother.

But JR was sorting him out.

And Su-Ji was about to get sorted out.

I stood up straight and prepared to get off at the stop after the next one. I had told Sungyeol over and over again to make sure he got off at this stop.

“I will HyeSu, don’t worry!” He’d grinned.

 Sungyeol was engrossed in his phone. With a small laugh he turned to Su-Ji.

 “Actually, let’s not get off at the stop after this one.”

My head whipped round so fast, I’m surprised it stayed connected to my neck.

Did I hear him right?

“What?” Su-Ji frowned. “I thought you had somewhere to take me.”

“I have!” Sungyeol smiled. “I’ve thought of a different place.”

A different place. A different place? What?

I sought out L’s eyes in the crowd.Don’t worry, he mouthed to me.

My mouth fell open. What did he mean don’t worry.

I shuffled along the train and snatched the newspaper out of his hand. Digging in my pocket I pulled out a pen and filled in letters in the crossword.

What do you mean don’t worry? Where is he going? This isn’t part of the plan!

I the newspaper back into his hands. He chuckled softly and took the pen. After a few moments he passed it back to me with the newspaper.

He’d circled the letters, r, e, l, a, x.

Relax. Is he actually kidding?

I looked at Sungyeol. He was telling Su-Ji a joke. She wasn’t finding it funny.

“Did you know about this the whole time?” I hissed to L. His glasses shifted up as his eyes widened.

“Know about what?”

“Don’t joke Myungsoo! Did you know that Sungyeol was going to change the plan?”

“He might have mentioned it.” Said L, twisting his phone in his hands. Sungyeol’s name flashed on the screen.

“How could you change the plan without telling me!” I gasped.

“You figured it out right?” He smiled.

I resisted the urge to hit him.

“That is besides the point Myungsoo! Sungyeol was only meant to lead Su-Ji to the warehouse!”

“He’ll still end up doing that, calm down HyeSu.” L said, patting my shoulder.

“Where is he even going to take her?” I asked desperately.

In reply, L opened a text message on his phone and showed it to me. It was from Sungyeol.

How about we take a trip to the zoo? I’m sure Su-ji would like to get up close and personal with the monkeys.

I leant back, frowning. Sungyeol was taking Su-Ji to the zoo?

“That’s his plan?” I said. Myungsoo nodded.

“The zoo is his plan?”

“Yes HyeSu.”

“As in a zoo where there are animals?” I had to make sure I wasn’t misunderstanding.

Myungsoo leant back his head and laughed.

“One of our friends has an uncle who owns a small zoo. He’s closed it today for cleaning purposes but Sungyeol’s going to let Su-Ji in for a show.”
“So there’ll be no people? Just Su-Ji, Sungyeol and the animals?”

“And our friends from our group, Infinite. And us of course.” L winked.

I thought about it for a moment.

“So if there aren’t any people,” I said slowly. “Then there won’t be anybody to see us lock Su-Ji in a lions cage.”

“What a shame that would be.” L smirked.

“And of course nobody would be able to blame the monkeys if they somehow pooped in her hair.” I shrugged, grinning.

“And just imagine if she stepped into some horse manure.” L said shaking his head regretfully.

“Oh what a tragedy.” My grin was wide now.

“And then there’s the duck pond.” L said. He lifted his glasses to show his eyes twinkling with mischief. “Let’s sit back and imagine something. What if Su-Ji was casually walking by the pond, and then she happened to get a little push and then...”

“Splash!” I finished it off for him.

“And we’d be able to catch the whole thing on camera.” L said, tapping the camera shaped bulge in his pocket.

I looked up at him. Then I looked at Sungyeol.

The image of Su-ji covered in horse manure was to wonderful to even imagine.

And then afterwards, she’d get led to the warehouse where I would finish off the revenge.

“Looks like it’s time to see some animals!” I grinned to L.

---------------------------------------

I hope this made sense! The next chapter should be fun :) To all those missing Nu'est, don't worry they'll be back probably in Chapter 38! 

Anyhow does anybody know what day today is? IT'S JR'S BIRTHDAY! He's 17 today =^.^=

So here are some JR pictures:

Gah I will love him forever!