The Lie

Deliria High: The Dance Partner

I decided to take HyeSu's advice. When we all met up the next day in the boys room, I sat next to HyeSu and greeted everyone equally. Including Ren. I could see JR blaitantly wondering why I wasn't sitting next to Ren, it was written all over his face. Baekho and HyeSu were admirably trying to keep the conversation from freezing over the icy atmosphere of  the room

"So HyeSu. Been thinking of any songs for the talent show?" Asked Baekho.

"Yeah," She replied. "But I want to it to be a secret."

Minhyun brought out his guitar and sat on the floor, strumming chords. Aron looked from me, to Ren, to JR and then back again. I knew the question that was burning on every ones minds.

Were me and Ren still going out?

Finally I could stand it no longer.

"I think I'm going to head back to my room." I mumbled getting up.

"Why?" Said JR. Ren looked at him sharply.

"I'm feeling a bit tired."

"I don't think that's the reason." 

Ren hissed like an angry cat.

"If she's tired let her go." Said Aron.

"She's not tired. From what I've heard, she's been in bed a lot these past couple of days..."

Ren stood up but Baekho pulled him down again.

"What do you want JR." I glared. "I need to ask for your permission to go to sleep now?"

"Are you and Ren still going out?" He said staring at me intently.

"Why do you want to know." I cried exasperated. "It's none of your buisness."

"I'll take that as a no then." JR smirked.

"If you must know, we're on a bit of a break." I looked around at everyone. "Does that satisfy everyone's curiosity?" Back to JR "Can I go to sleep now? Or is there anything else about my life you must know."

I didn't wait for a reply before slamming out of the room.

---------------------------------------------------

In the afternoon, HyeSu and I went to the dance studio. 

"I've been thinking." I said. "We could both enter the talent show together."

"What like I sing and you dance?"

I nodded. 

"That's an awesome idea!" She grinned, clapping her hands enthusiastically.

We went to the school office to put our names down as a duet. 

"The head master has the power to change this at any time." Said the receptionist in a bored tone. "So be on your best behaviour." 

"Oh of course." Said HyeSu innocently.

"Definately." I agreed.

"If only she knew a boy visited our room every night." HyeSu laughed as we walked away.

"Shush! Someone might here you." I hissed.

"Minjae." Said a quiet voice. I nearly jumped a foot in the air and I whirled around, ready to deny everything.

"Ren! You scared the hell out of me!"

"You're not that hard to scare." He stuck his tongue out at me. "And who's this boy that goes to your room every night?"

I rolled my eyes. "You shouldn't be eavesdropping on peoples conversations nosey."

"Ah you foolish soul." Ren sighed. "If you talk about them in the middle of the corridor I don't even have to eavesdrop."

"Blame HyeSu and her big mouth." I said, ducking out the way of a slap.

"You was the one that said 'shush someone might here you'. That's practically inviting someone to listen!"

"Why are you ganging up on me." I pouted. "I'm just a poor defencless young girl..."

"Tell it to someone who believes you." HyeSu interrrupted rolling her eyes.

We all went out in to the garden. It was quite a nice day so there were students sitting at the picnic benches. HyeSu greeted soem of them and walked over to join their group. Ren and I continued to walk.

"JR seems happier since you told him this morning." Ren murmmered.

I let out a sigh. "Maybe because he thinks I'll go out with him."

Ren didn't reply. I lookd up at him. His face had turned rigid. I followed his gaze to where HyeSu was.

JR was talking to her. The wind carried their words like a messenger.

"Have you seen Minjae? I want to apologise for how I acted this morning."

"I suppose I should hear what he's got to say." I said reluctantly. Ren nodded, looking at JR through narrowed eyes. 

"I'll see you later." With a quick squeeze of my hand, he was gone.

------------------------------------------------

Unedited because I'm so lazy ^.^

I've begun a new fan fic, the second in the series which involves the deligtful Hyesu! Check it out to read her story :)

Thank you for reading, and please tell me what you think! Take care -Wave <3