The Meeting

Deliria High: The Dance Partner

HyeSu and I were getting ready for bed when there was a knock at the door. 

"Yah coming!" HyeSu shuffled over to the door and opened it.

"Ah hello." Said a husky voice.

"Ren?" I said coming over to the door. He grinned and waved.

"Minjae! You said you'd come over later?" He pouted.

I laughed, "When you said later, I thought you meant just in general."

"Ah no silly Minjae." Said Ren. "Come now, we're about to have a midnight feast." He glanced at HyeSu and gave a small bow. "You can come too of course."

"I think I'll pass, I'm exhausted." Said HyeSu amused. "You should go though Minjae."

"Uh..."I looked down. I didn't want to go anywhere without HyeSu, as pathetic as that sounded.I felt like already we were the best of friends and I felt safe with her.

Ren bent down and peered in to my face.

"Don't be scared," He said softly. "I'll be there the whole time."

I looked into his friendly eyes and felt myself relaxing.

"Okay fine." I put on my shoes and followed Ren out of the door.

"Don't do anything I wouldn't!" HyeSu called after us.

 

                                              -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ren tugged me over to a door with a post it note on the front that had a number 8 written on it.

"Our door number!" Said Ren happily. He opened the door.

Well you could tell boys lived here. It was hard to see the floor with everything scatterd on it. The boy I had met earlier, Baekho, gave me a wave and a warm smile. He was playing catch with a trainer across the room with this other boy. He had thick chesnut coloured hair, clear creamy skin and wide brown eyes.

"That's Aron." Ren pointed. Aron stuck his tongue out at me and I smiled shyly.

"That's Minhyun." Ren pointed to a boy reclining on the sofa, a red book covering his face. All I could see was his black hair but at the mention of his name he moved the book up and I caught a glimpse of his slanted brown eyes and frienfly smile.

"Get up Minhyun." Ren tutted. "Let Minjae sit down." 

"No no," I began to protest. "It's fine I'll stand I don't want to disturb you..."

"Don't be silly, you must sit down!" Said Baekho. I ducked as a trainer sailed over my head. "As you see we treat our guests with amazing courtesy." 

Aron looked around. "Just excuse the mess." 

I laughed and sat down. The feeling of unease at being out numbered by so many boys setteled. 

"JR!" Baekho shouted. "Where's our food servent!"

"Servant!" A voice called indignantly. "Just because I can cook Baekho."

"I can cook too actually!" Baekho said.

Ren coughed loudly and I caught the word rice.

Aron and Minhyun sniggered.

Baekho turned to Ren. "And when have you ever tried to cook donsaeng!"

Ren shrugged. " I never said I could cook hyung." 

 "I'd rather Ren not cook at all than Baekho try and cook rice and nearly kill us all." Chimed Aron.

"I had food poising for weeks. "Mourned Minhyun.

"Can you even get food poisoning from rice." I said raising my eyebrows.

"With Baekho's cooking you can get all sorts of diseases." Ren whispered. 

"I heard that!" Baekho hit a cusion at Ren, who then fell back on the floor pretending to be dead.

"Okay guys." Said the voice fromt he kitchen. "Dinner is served!"

A boy came out ifrom the kitchen. He had black wavy hair that curved along his right eyes and bone strtucture that I would have killed for. He was perhaps two inches taller then me and I could see he had a well made body through his white cotton shirt. 

"Ah we have a guest." He said smiling. When he smiled his whole face joined in and I found myself smiling in reply. "Hello, I'm JR!"

"I'm Minjae." I replied. JR gave a small bow and then held out the plate of food to me.

"You'd better have first pick or they'll be nothing left after these guys have finished."

The rest of the boys laughed in reply.

"Thank you." I said to JR. He grinned again.

"The pleasure is all mine." His smile was so wide and delicious that I had to look away.

I looked right into Ren's face.

He looked at me with a small frown on his face...