The Kitchen

Deliria High: The Dance Partner

 

I'd like to say a big big big big thank you to everyone who has subscribed, and commented! It really makes my day and I hope you enjoy the fan fic and continue to support me! Thanks to my best friend HyeSu for sending me fan girling texts over my fan fic and making me laugh. I love you all! -Wave

-------------------------------

I took JR’s hand.

“I’ll come and sit with you afterwards Ren oppa.” I said, a hint of desperation in my voice.

Ren didn’t answer. He dropped his hand and turned his face to the wall, blonde hair hiding him from view.

The room seem to fall silent.

I looked at HyeSu and she gave me the tiniest shrug. What can you do?

I glanced at Ren again. He was completely frozen, as if in a photograph.

I felt like the biggest in the game.

Why Minjae?

What do you feel for Ren.

JR took my hand gently and led me to the kitchen.

It was surprisingly tidy, the dishes stacked neatly in the rack, the work top surfaces sparkling clean. My surprise must have shown on my face for JR chuckled and said.

“It’s only clean because no one else goes in here except from me.”

He closed the door and stood with one hand on the handle, looking at me.

I blurted out the first thing that came into my head.

“So uh, you’re a tidy person then.”

I didn’t even kick myself for saying something so stupid, anything was better than watching him look at me.

He nodded and began to open cupboards.

“Yeah, something my Mother drilled into me. She used to say an untidy boy will never get a wife.” He laughed. “Funny she said that because my Father is the most untidy man ever.”

I laughed and relaxed a little.

JR brought out a chopping board and chucked some onions at me.

“You can chop onions right?”

“Give me some credit JR.” I stuck my tongue out at him.

I set to work chopping the onions neatly. JR was banging pots and setting cans onto the counter behind me, humming. I began to mentally slap myself for being so hasty to think anything was going to happen. That JR meant anything by asking me to help him in the kitchen. We were going to cook, and then we were going to leave the kitchen...

All of a sudden I felt him right behind me.

The knife in my hand wobbled and I fought to keep it straight.

Just cut the onions Minjae.

JR reached up and opened the cupboard in front of me. Instinct made me step back.

And right into him.

He paused in opening the cupboard.

JR made no effort to move. I could feel his breath tickling my ear and the rise and fall of his chest against my back. His gaze on the back of my neck felt like a laser. I froze completely, as though I had turned into stone. I should have just stepped to the side and let him reach for the cupboard but I couldn’t move. I was aware of every place that we touched.

One moment his hands were in my hair and running down my shoulders.

And the next moment he was on the other side of the kitchen, innocently stirring a spoon into the pan.

I took a deep breath and began chopping the onions again. Thoughts exploded in my head.

.

that was so hot.

What the is he doing, we only just met yesterday.

that was hot.

Why didn’t you step to the side Minjae!

I’m so damn glad I didn’t step to the side.

Omo, I need to concentrate before I chop off a finger.

Damn onions making me cry.

I blinked furiously. Tears were running down my cheeks. Stupid onions, why do they make you cry anyway. I seriously needed some tissue.

I peered around the kitchen.

Guess where the kitchen towel was.

Right in front of JR who as opening a can at the counter.

I turned back quickly.

I’ll deal without tissue. I can deal without a tissue. I’ll just get it after.

I am not ready for another encounter like just now.

I sniffed hard and concentrated on chopping onions.

Foot steps.

 JR grabbed my arm and spun me around. His eyes widened at the tears on my face.

“Silly Minjae, why didn’t you get a tissue.” He said softly.

I looked down at my feet but JR lifted my chin up. With his thumbs, he wiped my tears away carefully.

We were so close that I could have counted every single eye lash. If I’d had nothing better to do.

And I did have better things to do.

Like focus on breathing.

I was backed up against the counter and his hands were leaning against the cupboard behind me. He seemed to be coming closer every second. I was glad there was something solid behind me. I was glad he hadn’t just chosen to do this in the middle of the kitchen where I would have collapsed.

Do what though.

What the hell was he doing?

When there was only a few inches between us, JR pushed away laughing.

“Ah Minjae.” He said, running a hand through his hair and musing it up.

I wanted to scream.

I wanted to run.

I wanted to hide.

I wanted to grab him back into the position we were just in. I wanted to run and sit next to Ren and lay my head on his shoulder and let him tell me funny stories. I wanted to drag HyeSu back to our room and have a girly evening. I wanted to physically slap myself. Had I not only met these boys yesterday? What must JR think of me getting so breathless every time we were close? How the hell was I going to survive the next few years if I reacted like this.

I watched JR take my chopping board of onions and empty it into the pot. He turned back to me, his face serious.

“Minjae I...” He stopped and frowned slightly. “Well I don’t think-“

“Yah! How long does it take to make a snack.” Cried Baekho’s voice. JR closed his eyes briefly. Damn you Baekho I cursed silently, damn you.

JR opened his eyes and shrugged slightly.

No JR, I thought desperately, just carry on. They can wait!

He didn’t.

“Our diners await.” He said with a small smile. Wordlessly I picked up the bowls and he carried the pan.

HyeSu, Aron and Minhyun were debating about something. Baekho was sitting next to Ren on the floor whispering in his ear. Baekho got up, rubbing his hands together in anticipation of the food. Ren glanced up but quickly looked away again.

I went to sit beside him, leaning back against the wall. He kept his face steadily turned away from me.

“Ren oppa.” I whispered.

“Minjae.” He replied stiffly.

What could I say? Sorry? What if I had got it all wrong. Damn it.

“Come sit at the table Minjae.” JR called.

Ren gave me a look as if to say go on then, leave again.

“I’m okay down here thanks.” I said firmly. JR looked at me for a moment longer and then began to distribute the food.

“You can go and sit at the table if you want Ren.” I said quietly.

Slowly he shook his head.

“I’m okay here.” He said softly looking down at his hands.

“You can go and sit at the table Minjae. If you want.” He mumbled after a minute.

I shook my head immediately.

“I’d like to stay here.”

Ren smiled faintly and nibbled his bottom lip, fingers playing in his fringe.

 I drew my knees up to my chest and lowered my head. I felt awful. I had no right to even sit next to Ren.

After a while he leant against me gently, humming softly to himself. I exhaled, my heart sinking. Not for the first time I wondered how I could feel so strongly about people I had only just met.

It was Ren who I had met first of all, who had helped me with his bags and introduced me to Baekho.

It was Ren who was the happiest to see me, treating me to lovely wide smiles.

Ren was so sweet, so cute, so kind...

I buried my head into my hands.

Did I regret going in to the kitchen with JR?

-------------------------------

DUN DUN DUNNN! What's going to happen next ^.^ Thanks for reading! <3