The Night

Deliria High: The Dance Partner

 

I knew I couldn't stay away from this! I just had to update it.

----------------------------

Early the next morning someone thumped on our door. We both presumed it was JR. HyeSu cursed under her breath.

“Stay there, let me deal with this.”

She got a knife out of the kitchen and went to the front door.

“How many times do I have to fuc-oh!”
Her voice changed. I peered out in to the corridor and saw Baekho standing in the door way.

His face was a picture. He was struck utterly speechless at the sight of the knife held in HyeSu’s hand.

“Planning a murder was you?” He said hoarsely.

HyeSu laughed, chucking the knife on her bed and holding wide the door for Baekho to come inside.

“I thought you were JR.”

He gulped. “Good job I wasn’t him then.”

“What’s up Baekho?” I asked, noticing how flustered he was. His hair was sticking up and his clothes dishevelled. He was even bleeding on his cheek. “Have you been in a fight?”

His familiar smile lit up his face.

“Please, I wouldn’t be bleeding because of a fight. I’m the martial arts master, un defeatable.”

“Someone needs to beat you just to prove you wrong.” Said HyeSu. Baekho flicked her arm.

I went to retrieve the first aid kit from under HyeSu’s bed.

“I’ve been looking for Ren.” Said Baekho. There was true worry in his voice. “I’ve looked everywhere for him, even went up on that roof top place he likes. I caught my cheek on that bastard of a window.”

“Baekho the un-defeatable gets defeated by a window.” HyeSu sniggered. Baekho looked at her.

“I’m not impressed with your attitude HyeSu.” He said sternly, but I could see he was trying not to laugh.

“Carry on.” I said quietly. The concern returned to Baekho’s eyes.

“He wasn’t there. Aron said he wasn’t in music class either.”

“So you haven’t seen him since...the fight?” Baekho shook his head and stood up again. “I’m going to look again, just in case.”

“Sit down silly, do you want to bleed to death.”Said HyeSu. He sank on to the bed again, holding a hand to his face. “I just don’t know where he could be. The three of us went looking for him all through the night.”

I caught on to the words. “The three of you?”

Baekho nodded, his nostrils flaring slightly. “JR won’t move from his bed. Some leader he is. I just don’t know where Ren could be. I’m really worried about him Minjae.” I tried to rip open the antiseptic wipe packet but my hands were shaking so bad. HyeSu took it from my gently and opened it.

“Aish!” Baekho hissed as she dabbed it on his cut.

“Such a wimp.” She murmured tutting.

“You did that on purpose.” Baekho pouted, cradling his cheek.

“Stop being a baby, I thought you could take pain.”

I want back to sit on my head, slowly lowering my head into my hands.

Ren oppa where are you?

-----------------------------------------------

“Minjae unnie.” HyeSu whispered into the dark. “Wake up there’s someone to see you...”

I opened my eyes and tried to rub the sleep from them. When I saw who was standing before me I rubbed my eyes again to check I wasn’t dreaming.

“Ren?” I said, sitting up.

He stood before my bed, blonde hair glowing in the gloom.

“That roof top place you were talking about...” HyeSu said. “I think I’m going to go check it out...at night...yeah...” She slipped out of the room.

I couldn’t speak, could only look at him, while he stared back at me. I didn’t know whether to feel relief that he was finally here, fear at what he was going to say or slight anger that he had left me like this, in this state.

Finally he said,

“I’m sorry I left you.”

It was almost as if he’d read my mind.

“You don’t need to apologise.” I mumbled.

Ren shook his head.

“I do.”

I wanted to look away, but I forced myself to look back at him. His lips were slightly parted and the way his top lip curved perfectly held me fascinated. I remembered what it’d been like to kiss them, how happy I’d felt.

I buried my head into my hands.

Don’t cry Minjae, come on pull yourself together.

I felt myself being pulled to my feet.

Ren stood opposite me, biting his bottom lip. In one fluid motion, he tugged me towards him, wrapping his arms around me tightly. My head fitted into this space between his shoulder and neck perfectly.

I don’t know how long we stood like this for, how long I felt safe for. I was only aware of Ren’s deep breathing, the steady rise and fall of his chest pressed against mine.

He drew back and we moved to lie n the bed together. Ren’s body curved around mine, his chin resting on my head and his fingers playing in my hair. I held onto one of his hands tightly, savouring this moment.

“Go to sleep Minjae.” He whispered. I turned round and looked up at him. He delivered a light kiss to my lips, then my nose and then he twisted round until I had my head on his chest and near his shoulder. I felt the soft pressure of his lips against my forehead.

I was determined not to fall asleep.

Come on body, I pleaded with myself, just stay awake this one time, You can make up the sleep tomorrow night.

I felt myself drifting off.

God damn it stay awake.

It was no use, my eyes closed and I fell asleep to Ren’s soft breathing misting my face.

-----------------------------------

 

In the morning my head rested against the pillow. I was immediately aware there was no warm body beside me but even so I sat up and looked around. I even looked under the bed, because it would have been so much like Ren to crawl under it. There was no one there.

I lay back against my pillow. I couldn’t stop a small smile tugging at my lips. Ren alone was so different to the Ren he was in front of everyone. When he was with his band members he looked like someone reliant and childish, but when he was with me...

I sighed.

He really did make me feel safe. Which was silly because he was only a couple of months older than me and a couple of inches taller than me, but it was true. He knew exactly what to do, how to comfort me.

Where as JR made me feel confused. He was dangerous and un predictable and messed up my feelings entirely.

I rolled out of bed and went in to the bath room, preparing myself for another day.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I might up date straight after this because the next chapters already written and it's quite exciting. (I've decided not too.) I hope you enjoy it! After that I'm going to need to stay off here for a bit so I can do some revising and actually pass my GCSE's.  Please tell me what you think and thanks for all your comments and subscriptions. -Wave <3