Broken

Deliria High: The Dance Partner

 

So cold.

I was so cold.

I looked up above me, my vision swaying in and out of focus.

I was alone. The men had all gone. Leaving me tied to this tree.

I couldn’t feel my hands anymore. Blood was seeping out of the many cuts on my legs but I couldn’t feel that either.

I felt numb.

Like I’d never feel again.

Tears fell from my eyes unceasingly. Leaning my head back I looked into the heavens, asking God why he’d done this to me.

So cold. It’s so cold.

Are they coming for me? My lovely friends. I love them more than anyone in the whole world. HyeSu, my sister it seemed like. Did I ever tell her how much I appreciated her friendship? She was family to me. The Nu’est boys. My silly boys. Aron, Baekho, Minhyun, JR and Ren. All the fights between Ren, Jr and I seemed silly. I loved them both. Does that make me a ? Maybe Su-Ji’s right after all.

But neither of them will want me now I’m dirty.

So dirty, have mud all over me. If I close my eyes, I can still feel the men’s hands all over me.

Germs. Invisible ones. Who knew germs could leave scars.

I’m so tired. I want to sleep. Never wake up again. I know I mustn’t sleep. You shouldn’t sleep when you’re cold. Who told me that. My biology teacher in my old school maybe. He was so smart.

So smart.

I wonder what he’d tell me to do now. Maybe he has a solution to make me clean again. I feel like I’ll always be dirty now.

I sight deeply and it turns into a sob.

I love my family. Nu’est and HyeSu.

But I don’t want them to see me like this.

I’m so ashamed.

------------------------------

JR’s point of view:

 

Eventually we pulled up onto a dusty country lane. I was out of the taxi before it’s even stopped. Aron bowed to the driver and paid him.

“Right.” I said firmly. “We need to split up. Me and Baekho. HyeSu and Aron. Minhyun and Ren. As soon as you find her you ring me, understand?”

They nodded with pale faces.

I turned away, Baekho following, and ran into the forest.

It became dark all of a sudden.

I brushed branches out of the way.

“Baekho.” I whispered to check he was behind me.

“I’m right behind you.” He confirmed.

I didn’t know whether to be quiet in case the men were still there. Or loud so that she would answer our call to find her.

it. I want the men to find us. My foot is ready to kick him to the ground.

“MINJAE!” I yelled, listening hard.

-----------------------

Minjae’s point of view:

 

Was that JR’s voice? Or am I dreaming. Maybe my brain is playing tricks on me because I’m so entirely desperate to see him. To see them all.

“Minjae!”

There it went again.

“I’m here JR.” I replied, my voice barely a whisper. “I’m here.” Why can’t I speak louder? I’m crying to hard. I don’t want him to find my like this. “No JR don’t come.”

--------------------

JR’s point of view:

 

“Wait stop a second.” Baekho said. I instantly ceased any movement.

Then I hear it too. A little wailing sound coming from my left.

Cautiously we moved towards it, snaking around trees, twigs snapping beneath our feet.

We emerged out into a clearing.

And there she was.

All the breath in my body left me and I had to lean on to the tree for support. Baekho’s face was so pale it gleams in the moon light, he swallowed hard, fists clenching.

She’s tied to a tree. Her top is only just covering her up, someone’s ripped it. She’s covered in mud and blood, the skin on her legs is torn to shreds. One of her shoes is missing. Her shorts and tights were still on, which made me hope that they hadn't.... and there are grazes on her face, down her cheek, across her forehead.

I can’t believe someone would do this to her.

She hasn’t seen us yet. She’s mumbling to herself, her head lolling about. At one point she looked up into the sky, sobbing about being dirty.

I carefully started to approach her, my need to gather her in my arms, protect her, becoming too strong. I stepped on a twig and pause. Her head whipped round towards me, and finally she sees me.

I expected to see huge relief cross her face. After all, we’ve come to get her. To make her safe and never let her go.

This is not what I saw.

At the sight of me, she drew in a shuddering breath, drawing her knees up close to her.

“No no no no.” She began to whisper, eyes wide with fear. “No more no more...”

“Minjae it’s me, JR.” I said softly. I reached out to touch her but she flinched away, letting out a small ragged shriek of pure fear.

Suddenly it clicked.

She thinks we’re one of them. One of the men.

She put her arms around her knees, trying to shield herself from anymore harm.

My arms dangled uselessly at my sides.

“What have they done to you,” Baekho whispered, standing beside me.

I heard footsteps behind me. Minhyun, Ren, Aron and HyeSu ran into the clearing.

I heard them gasp as they saw the state she was in.

HyeSu turned away, tears streaming down her face unable to even watch.

“You found her,” Ren gasped. He immediately came to Minjae’s side before I have time to warn him.

Minjae began to shake more, gasping for breath.

“Go away.” She said hoarsely, eyes wild.

Ren backed away, his face full of shock.

“Minnie?” HyeSu said, her voice shaking. She knelt beside the tree and the hair away from Minjae’s face. Minhyun went around the tree to undo the knots.

Minjae looked up at HyeSu, frowning slightly.

Then her face crumpled and she leant onto HyeSu, sobbing. It was different from how I’d ever heard her cry before. She sounded as if her heart was truly breaking. HyeSu her hair.

I literally couldn’t believe that someone had done this to her. Left her in such a state, so weak that she couldn’t even lift her arms to hug HyeSu.

Finally she broke away and looked at us all. This time I saw recognition and love in her eyes.

“My family.” She said brokenly.

------------------

I hope you've enjoyed all the updates today! I nearly cried writing this chapter LOL xD Anyhow I have to study hard for my last few exams and then SCHOOL IS OUT! I hope you'll continue to support me! Love you all <3