Bang Bang

Deliria High: The Dance Partner

 

I browsed among the CD's in the music store. EXO's new single Machine was out and I was debating whether to buy it.

I stepped back in thought and managed to bump into someone.

“Oh sorry,” I immediately apologised, turning around.

The man was tall and muscular with a black hair spiked up. His eyes were small and mean and his mouth was curled into a sneer.

Feeling slightly nervous at the look he was giving me, I attempted to step back.

“Don’t move.” He hissed. I automatically froze, eyes widening.

“So you know how to listen.” The man sneered. He leant close to my face and whispered in my ear. “Well done.”

I recoiled away from his breath on my face.

“Ah-ah-ah.” The man warned. I felt something pressing against my leg. I looked down and my breath caught sharply. The smooth sleek barrel of a gun was pressed against my thigh.”Move again without my permission and I’ll not hesitate to blow your leg off. Same goes for screaming. Don’t make a sound.”

My eyes started to water with fear and I looked around, hoping to catch the eye of people around me. The store was empty apart from the two employees who were in deep conversation with each other.

“Now we are going to walk out the shop together.” The man said, nudging me to walk onwards “And you are not going to run, because I will shoot you and I will not miss” His fingers skittered along my neck. “That’s a promise.”

I felt the urge to scream rising up in me. I’d literally never been so scared in my life. Suddenly, death was a strong possibility. I began to whimper pitifully.

“Shhh don’t cry.” The man cooed. “It’ll all be over soon.”

We left the music store and stepped out into the shopping mall. The man let his coat sleeve hide the gun held against my leg as he tugged me through the crowd. My eyes were screaming for help, could they not see what was happening?

We were nearing the doors of the Shopping mall. My eyes scanned the crowds.

My heart leapt.

I saw a dark head bobbing about over the heads of people.

JR!

Without thinking I opened my mouth and screamed.

“JR!”

His head whipped towards me. I saw his eyebrows furrow in puzzlement, evidently wondering where I was going. He began to make his way through the people towards me.

The man cursed and clutched my hand tighter. All the breath left me as pain exploded in my hand. I couldn’t even scream.

“Try that again, I dare you.” Said the man.

I was sobbing freely now. I couldn’t believe none was intervening.

Couldn’t they see what was happening?

“Minjae!” I heard JR calling me, worry laced throughout his voice.

The man that held me cursed again under his breath and started to tug me faster.  I begged my body to struggle against his grip but it was as if I were a statue. I could feel the pressure of the gun the whole time.

We left the shopping mall. The man dragged me round the alleyway and into the car park.

“JR help me!” I screamed. The man drew back his hand and slapped me across the face, leaving me stunned into silence.

“You don’t learn do you.” The man snarled. “Now hurry up.”

My breathing started to get shallow and I felt lightheaded with fear.

“MINJAE!”

I turned my head, JR was running down the alleyway towards us, feet pounding upon the ground.

The man was dragging me towards a black car now. I felt my tights ripping as my knees scrapped along the floor.

“Help me JR please please!” I begged, blinded by tears.

JR was only a few metres away now. I tugged my hand out of the man’s grasp, reaching out for JR’s finger tips.

Time seemed to slow down.

The man whistled sharply. At once, men sprang out of the black car and pounced on JR.

“No!” I screamed, struggling against the man. JR was trying to fight the men away, delivering kicks and punches left right and centre. One of the men caught JR across the lip. Blood sprang up. 

“Minjae!” He lunged for me but the man swung me out of the way. Opening the door, he threw me bodily into the car, causing me to bang my head against the window. At once I struggled to get up, trying to leap out of the car, but the man casually slammed the door closed and locked it.

Trapped.

Time sped up again.

I banged against the windows, screaming again and again, sheer terror making my voice hysterical. I could see JR shouting my name over and over. A man grabbed JR by the neck, attempting to bring him down to the floor, but JR, filled by his anger, turned around and punched the man full in the face.

With a click of the leaders fingers, the men let go of JR and stood back. JR’s face was red, I’d never seen himself so completely enraged. He threw himself at the leader of the men, elbowing him in the nose.

The leader calmly wiped the blood from his nose. He reached into his pocket and brought out the gun.

Aiming it straight for JR’s heart.

JR stood still, breathing heavily.

“Go.” Said the leader of the men. “Or I’ll shoot you.”

“GO JR!” I screamed, banging my fists against the window until they bled. “GO GO GO GO! GET THE OUT OF HERE.”

JR looked straight at me. He didn’t move an inch.

I began to shake and hyperventilate. I shouted for JR to leave, begged him to, but still he stood there.

From in the car, I heard the leader of the men release the safety catch of his gun.

--------------

JR’s point of view:

I’m going to die, I thought. Right here and now, in this dusty car park.

I looked at the man as he aimed the gun straight at me.

I could hear Minjae’s screams from inside the car. They tore right through me. Tears started in my eyes. Not because I faced death, but because I knew I wouldn’t be able to protect her anymore.

Never again.

I clenched my fists and stared at Minjae. I wanted to see her face until the very last moment. Even though she was hysterical, and tears were falling down her cheeks and her hair was wild, she was still beautiful.

My beautiful girl. 

“And I’ll always be there for you. I hope you understand that I mean it when I say I love you. Aish I feel so embarrassed saying this but it’s all true. I really want you to remember that. Even if we don’t end up together, and I know that’s a strong possibility that we won’t, you must always remember there is one person who loves you. Me. Now don’t let her upset you; stay strong my beautiful girl.”

Bang.

-------------------------

Intense chapter >.<

Please answer this poll. It probably won't determine the fanfics outcome but I am so curious! Oh I'm curious yeahhh!

http://www.asianfanfics.com/poll/aff_view/23504