Taking protection to new levels.

Deliria High: The Dance Partner

 

The protection began on Monday. The boys had devised a sort of rota so they could split the protection between me and HyeSu.

“Wow you guys are really taking this seriously.” I said, amused. Baekho was walking me to class.

“Of course.” Said Baekho. “We have to look after our little sisters.”

I hugged his arm, touched at his words.

After dance class, Minhyun stood ready to me.

“Hey Minhyun.” I smiled. He grinned back at me.

“What class did you just have?” I asked.

“Piano.”

“That’s all the way on the other side of the building.” I gasped. He nodded.

“I thought I was going to be late, but I just made it!”

“Well what do you have now?”

“I have piano class again. It was a double period.”

I stopped dead in the middle of the corridor.

“So you came all this way to take me to my next class which is a corridor away.”

He nodded happily.

“Don’t worry, I don’t mind.” He reassured me. “I feel like a super spy, it’s so cool.”

No matter how many times I told him to let me go to class by myself, he kept refusing.

“It’s fine Minjae, stop worrying!” He insisted patting my head.

----------

At the end of performance class, I left the room. My next class was next door so I figured that the boys would have the common sense not to send someone to ‘protect’ me.

But of course, there was JR, leaning with a foot against the wall. He was bobbing his head along to some music from his headphones and his hands were in his pockets. He was wearing a pink t-shirt and black jeans and his hair was carefully styled and silky black.

He was quite unaware of the effect he was having on the girls around him.

One of the braver girls stepped forward.

“What are you listening to?” She asked, batting her eyelashes.

“Machine.” I heard JR reply. The girl asked him if she could listen to it too. Unhooking one of his headphones, JR carefully placed it in the girl’s ear.

“I love this song.” The girl squealed.

I rolled my eyes. Yes of course you do.

JR looked up at caught my eye. I wiped the sceptical look off my face and tried to look impassive.

JR smiled at the girl and took the headphone out of her ear. Casually, he strolled over to me, his arms held out. My eyes widened in panic.
“JR what are...” Was all I managed to say before he enveloped me in a hug.

“Muh.” I protested against his shoulder, trying to wriggle free. JR hugged me tighter, swaying from side to side

He smelt nice.

Really nice.

But that wasn’t the point.

Finally he stepped back, curling a strand of my hair around my ear.

“Are you feeling okay?” I asked.

“Of course I am jagiya.” He smiled brightly

“Jagi-who?” I said, my eyes practically falling out of their sockets. He laughed and pocked my nose.

“So cute.”

I looked from side to side and then blinked a couple of times.

“What are you doing here?”

“Protecting you of course.” He exclaimed, as if I had asked why the sun rose. “Silly Minnie.”

“Are you high?” I said bluntly. He laughed properly then and took my hand.

“No I’m just happy to see you safe.”

“Did you think Su-Ji would beat me to death with the board wiper or something.” I rolled my eyes. “Not that she’s in any of my classes anyway.”

JR shrugged, pulling me closer to him.

“I don’t care about her.” He whispered nuzzling in to my neck. His hair tickled my jaw and I felt his nose rub along my skin.

If possible, my eyes got wider.

What the hell was going on?

Up ahead I saw Su-Ji, leaning against the wall with her usual gang of friends. She was talking loudly with them, but every few seconds her eyes slid towards us. Her nostrils flared when she saw JR rubbing his face against my neck.

I stepped away from him, feeling a shiver run through my body. Something was happening that I couldn’t quite catch.

“Where are you going Minjae?” He pouted. Spinning me around, he stood behind me and linked his arms around my waist, resting his head against my shoulder.

“Tell me why we’re hugging again?” I enquired, feeling hot all over at his body pressed against my back.

“Because hugging you is the best thing ever.” He said softly, delivering a light kiss to my shoulder.

My eyes slid over to Su-Ji again. She was openly staring now, her expression so furious, she was practically radiating heat.

Suddenly, finally, it clicked.

Turning around in JR’s arms, I looked up at him. He smiled, his eyes crinkling. I leant in towards him. The smile disappeared off his face, to be replaced by nervousness, wondering what I was going to do. His arms hugged me tighter. When our faces were only a few inches apart, he closed his eyes, lips puckering slightly, searching for mine.

“Next time,” I whispered. “You want to make Su-Ji jealous, do you mind telling me before hand? How about that?”

He nodded faintly, resting his forehead against mine, lips advancing.

“Nice try JR.” I rolled my eyes, pushing his face away.

“How about just one kiss before class.” He said, biting his lip.

“How about just one no.” I said brightly, stepping into the classroom.

 

------------------

 

HyeSu’s point of view:

I came out of singing class and was just about to open the door to go up the stairs when-

“HyeSu!”

I turned around. Aron was running towards me, his arms held out wide. Rolling my eyes, I opened my arms and accepted his hug.

“I thought you might have forgotten about this protection thing.” I said as we began to walk.

“Of course not!” Aron sang, taking my hand.

“You know there is really no need.” I said. “I can look after myself, as I have told you all a thousand times.”

“That maybe so but we’re going to protect you anyway.”

“You just want an excuse to behave like a bodyguard.” I mumbled sulkily.

“No I just want an excuse to hold your hand.” He said his face completely serious.

I squinted up at him, not sure if he was joking or not.

“You’re cheesy.” I said finally.

“Do you like cheese?” He asked.

“Yes.” I replied slowly.

“Well then that’s okay then!” He smiled. I had to laugh at that.

As we walked to class, Aron told me about the new song he’d been writing in class.

“Sing me a line.” I said. He blushed, nibbling his bottom lip. “Go on.” I said, nudging his arm.

“Kill my soul, kill my name...” He began, his voice soft and full of regret. I snorted. He stopped abruptly.

“You’re laughing at me.” He pouted, hurt.

“Oh I’m not laughing at you silly.” I smiled, squeezing his hand. “I’m laughing at the way you instantly managed to sound depressed.”

“Oh.” He smiled. “Well you have to get into the words of the song.” He told me, nodding knowingly.

I was in the middle of agreeing when all of a sudden, with one swift movement Aron tugged me towards the wall and spun me around so my back was against it.

“Waaaa?!”

“Shush!” Aron said, placing a finger on my lips. I instantly stopped talking. He moved closer and closer until I was literally in-between the wall and his body. “Okay she’s walking by.” He whispered.

“Who’s walking by?!”

“Su-Ji of course.”

“You’re trying to hide me from Su-Ji?” I said, incredulously. He nodded. “Why are you always the one who takes this protection thing to extreme levels.”

“Maybe because I’m the one who wants to protect you the most.” He shrugged. I swallowed, touched by his words, however cheesy they were.

“Has she gone yet?” I whispered.

“Wait for it...okay she’s about to go through the double doors.” He replied.

“So you trying to hide me from Su-Ji, is the only reason we’re standing like this.” I said to make sure.

“Standing like what.” He frowned. I gestured towards the position we were in. Aron looked downwards at our bodies, practically conjoined from the chest downwards.

He looked up.

“Well yes, I figured if she couldn’t see you, she wouldn’t be able to do anything.” He admitted. I rolled my eyes so hard it hurt. “Why else did you think we were in this position?” He asked with a wink.

“H-huh?” I stammered. “I wasn’t thinking anything else.”

“Are you sure HyeSu?” He grinned, whispering in my ear.

“Y-yes.” I said, aware of his thumb my cheek. Aron laughed at the startled look on my face and moved to step back. Just as I was about to turn away, Aron stepped towards me, caging me against the wall and him.

Once again.

“Well now I’m in this position.” He whispered. Leaning forward, he quickly kissed my cheek and then stepped back, grinning like a little boy at Christmas.

“What was that for?” I asked, surprised. He shook his head, still smiling.

“Come on pabo.” I said, taking his hand. “We’re going to be late."

-----------------------

Sorry for any typos! Writing this chapter gave me so many feels! Ah if only it were real. It's Aron's birthday today! Happy Birthday Aron :)

Saranghae :D