The Choice

Deliria High: The Dance Partner

 

It's me again le Author, thanks again for comments and subscriptions, it gives me the determination to finish this fan fic and makes it a whole lot more fun to write cliff hangers ^.^ It means more to me then you'll ever know and makes my day! Lots of love and enjoy, thanks for reading <3

------------------------------

Baekho opened the door.

“Ah Minjae!” He said happily. “I was beginning to think we’d never see you again!”

“Sorry Baekho oppa.” I apologised. “I’ve been really busy, just started my dance classes.”

“Ah, I understand. Well anyway if you’re here to see JR he’ll be coming out of the bathroom in a second.”

I inhaled.

“Actually I’m here to see Ren.”

At that moment the bath room door opened and JR came strolling out, whistling. Steam rolled out of the bathroom door after him. His face lit up at the sight of me.

“Minjae!”

I was struck dumb. He had a white towel wrapped around his waist and that was all that was stopping him from being completely . If there had been a sudden gust of wind, I would have seen everything. I mean everything. My eyes of course were drawn to his chest. It was the type of stomach you would break your hand if you punched; rock hard with abs that look like they had been carved and moulded by a sculptor. His shoulders were broad and I could see his adams apple bobbing about in his neck nervously.

I was aware my cheeks were on fire. I tried several times to speak. JR blushed slightly and that only made me cheeks flame even more.

“Uhm, I was just here to see Ren.” I stammered. Something changed in JR’s eyes.

Something like a shadow of regret appeared in them.

“Oh well, he’ll probably be in his room. I’ll see you later then Minjae.” He turned away, shuffling into his room and closing the door.

Baekho looked as though he was struggling not to laugh.

“Ren’s room is the door next to the kitchen.” He said.

 With my head down, I walked to the door and knocked.

“Yes?”

“Ren oppa?” I peeped my head inside.

The room had two beds in it. It was dark as the blinds were closed and the light wasn’t on . I could only just make out Ren;s blonde hair and his eyes glinting in the dark. He lay spread out on his bed, hands behind his head, looking at the ceiling. When I came into the room, he gave me a small smile and a wave.

“Hey.” I said.

“You can sit down Minjae.” He said.

I sat.

Silence.

I tried to think about what to say. How to say it.

“What’re you thinking of Minjae?” Ren whispered.

“Lots of stuff.” I sighed.

“Want to talk about it?” He asked quietly.

I chewed my bottom lip.

“Well just now...” I hesitated.  Ren sat up and shuffled until we were sitting next to each other. He took my hand and held it tight. “Just now HyeSu asked me who I thought of first when she said Nu’est. You or JR.”

I felt Ren stiffen beside me, but he kept holding my hand.

"And who's name did you think of Minjae?"

---------

JR’s Point of View:

I came out of my room, dressed, my hair still messy. Baekho had gone out to play football with Minhyun and Aron. I was just about to go into the kitchen to get a snack when I heard voices.

Minjae and Ren.

I froze.

What was she saying.

I looked towards the bedroom door.

No JR, don’t do it.

I couldn’t help it. I crept over to the bedroom door and lay me forehead against it.

“Just now.” Minjae was saying. “HyeSu asked me who I thought of first when she said Nu’est. You or JR.”

I leaned onto the door, groaning silently, my heart falling into my stomach. . I didn’t want to hear this.

Who did she say.

Ren asked the question I was dying to ask myself.

“And who’s name did you think of Minjae?”

Silence.

Curiosity killed the cat and it was killing me.

And then she spoke.

“Yours.” And her voice was quiet and so sweet. So deadly. I closed my eyes. “I thought of you Ren.”