The Beginning

Deliria High: The Dance Partner

 

 

JR walked over and bowed stiffly.

“Annyeong haseyo Minjae.”

I replied the greeting, nodding my head.

“I wanted to say sorry for how I have been acting.” He spoke the words as if having rehearsed them. “It was out of order and I can only hope you will accept my apology.”

“Yes it was out of order.” I agreed.

“Will you forgive me.” He asked.

I shrugged.

“What do you want me to do for forgiveness? He sighed.

I ticked them one by one on my fingers. “How about stay out of my business, stop being desperate and stop making trouble.”

He flinched at my harsh words but nodded.

“I will try my best.”

“Trying isn’t good enough JR.” I sighed. He looked at me steadily. Finally I let out a gust of breath.

“Fine. It’s fine. I accept your apology.”

He smiled and held out his hand.

“Friends?”

I didn’t shake it.

“You’re going to have to earn this friendship JR.”

He swallowed hard.

“I understand.”

With another bow, he turned and walked back inside.

In an instant, Ren and HyeSu were back at my side. Neither of them asked what he’d said as we began to walk deeper in to the garden. Ahead of us I noticed a girl sniffing hard, her eyes streaming. She was obviously ill.

AITCHOO!

HyeSu and I jumped back. Ren received the full blast of the girls sneeze.

“Oh yuck.” I said.

“Ever heard of catch it bin it kill it?” Said HyeSu incredulously.

“Aish, I’m so sorry,” The girl apologised, horrified. “I’ve not been feeling well.”

Ren stood there, eyes wide as the girl tried to dab the mess of his face. Her faced turned green and I managed to quickly twist her round in to the bushes. She vomited nosily.

“Be so thankful I just saved you from one hell of a mess.” I said to Ren, holding the girls hair back. Ren winked. “Kamsahamnida.”

“I’ll go and get the nurse.” HyeSu ran off.

“Whatever it is I just hope it’s not infectious.” I muttered.

--------------------

That evening I had a dance class. The yearly exams were on the horizon, and they depended on whether I stayed in the school for the next year.

“Okay can we take it from the top please, five six seven eight!” The instructor shouted.

The music blared out of the speakers. The class danced in perfect synchronisation. That is until I landed on the wrong foot. The instructor was ruthless.

“Okay back to the beginning. Minjae, more concentrating please.”

I received dirty looks from the other classmates

“Take no notice.” Said a voice behind me.

I looked back and met JR’s sympathetic gaze.

“Take no notice about what.” I said turning back. “They don’t bother me.”

The second time round and I still couldn’t get the move right. The music cut again.

“Will someone teach Minjae the move she finds so hard to grasp.” The instructor sighed.

I refrained from snapping at him. Why don’t you teach me, you’re meant to be the instructor.

The other students, annoyed at having been stopped again, shuffled away.

Bastards.

“I’ll do it.” Said JR. He broke the move down step by step until finally I was able to do it.

“Thank you.” I said. He smiled in reply, getting in to position. “But it’ll take more than that to earn my friendship.”

-----------------------

I met Ren on the roof top after mid night.

The sky was inky black with no stars as far as I could see. It would be so easy to step off the roof and think you could walk along the clouds.

Ren held my hand tight.

I loved how we didn’t have to talk when we were together and it wasn’t awkward. I thought maybe there was a chance things would be okay, as long as I had Ren by my side. Maybe I could survive the next 4 years here. Things couldn’t keep getting steadily worse could they? They had to pick up some time.

How wrong was I.

--------------------------------

Thanks for reading! I've began a new fan fic called Time To Kick . It features Exo K and B2ST so please check it out! Thanks super much :D Take care -Wave <3