Through the window.

Deliria High: The Dance Partner

 

At first, we didn’t even know what to do. What to mess up first.

But then...

“Ketchup fight!” Baekho screamed.

“NO!” HyeSu cried.

“If one drop of that touches me Baekho!” I warned.

“You’re meant to be messing up the room not us!” Said Ren.

Baekho pouted.

“Fine then spoil sports.” He mumbled.

Ren opened Su-Ji’s wardrobe and selected a dress. With a vicious snip, he cut it in half and threw the strips on her bed.

“On to the next one.” He smiled, satisfied.

JR opened the paint can and practically threw most of it all over Su-Ji’s bed. Aron, who had been putting toothpaste under the bed cover, received a large amount of paint on his face.

“JR! WHAT THE HELL.” He screamed.

JR collapsed into laughter, clapping his hands like a delighted little boy. HyeSu snorted and had to look away, shaking with laughter. Baekho fell to the floor, clutching his stomach.

“WHY WOULD YOU THROW THE PAINT, WHEN I AM STANDING RIGHT THERE? ARE YOU RETARDED?”

“It was an accident!” JR protested.

“An accident?” Said Aron, nodding calmly, “Okay.”

He uncapped the other bottle of toothpaste and advanced upon JR.

“Woah woah woah.” Said JR, baking away. “What are you doing?!”

“I’m accidentally having an accident.” Aron smiled. With one swift movement, he squeezed the toothpaste all over JR’s hair.

“ARON?! WHA- WHY-

“You should be happy it’s toothpaste and not paint!” Said Aron. “How will I get this off my face!?”

“Oh I don’t know!” Said JR sarcastically. “With water maybe?”

“I swear you have to use white spirit to get paint off...” I trailed off when I saw JR frantically shaking his head at me.

“You mean to tell me...”Aron said slowly. “That I won’t be able to get this off my face with just water?”

“Uh well I uh...” I stammered.

Aron turned back to JR.

“You are going down.” He said.

“Well done Minjae.” Said JR with a face palm.

“Opps.” I said, putting a hand over my mouth, as JR leapt over Su-Ji’s bed.

Now can we have a ketchup fight?” Said Baekho hopefully.

“NO!”

Ren was carefully cutting the curtains into patterns.

“You’re meant to be messing it up, not making it look pretty silly.” I said softly. He glanced at me from under his fringe. Discreetly he took my hand and squeezed it once.

“Come on Minnie.” Said HyeSu. “Let’s go and do the hair dye.”

We opened the door to Su-Ji’s bathroom. The shelves were piled high with beauty products and washing materials.

“Yah, it’s like we just walked into the cosmetics aisle.” HyeSu whispered.

“Oh what do we have here.” I said, picking up a bottle of red hair dye. “So Su-Ji’s bright locks aren’t even real.”

“Well let’s shake up her hair colour a little bit more shall we.” HyeSu grinned.

She reached over to pull off the shower head. I got the hair dye bottle ready.

I waited.

I watched HyeSu struggle.

“It won’t come off.” She hissed. “It’s stuck.”

“Oh move over you complete weakling.” I scoffed. I clasped my hands around the shower head and pulled.

It wouldn’t move.

“Weakling did you say?” Said HyeSu sweetly.

“Oh shush. Help me pull.”

Sighing, HyeSu joined me in trying to pull the shower head off. I pulled as hard as I could, my (lack of) muscles straining.

Do I even need to tell you what happened next? I’m sure you can guess.

In the middle of trying to pull the stupid shower head off, suddenly with a loud pop the showerhead popped off.

Unfortunately, as we were still trying to pull it off, the force of it propelled us backwards.

“SHIIIIIT!” HyeSu and I screamed as we flew back, smashing into the bathroom wall and sliding down to the floor.

Hair jars and boxes smashed on the bathroom floor. Eye shadow pallets split and sent glitter everywhere.

For a moment we just sat there. I struggled to comprehend that one moment, I had been pulling off a showerhead, and the next, I was down here on the floor.

“I think I have actually broken my .” HyeSu said, rather calmly.

“I can’t even feel my .” I replied.

The bathroom door opened, and we looked up.

Baekho looked around the bathroom.

“Should I even ask what happened?”

I looked at HyeSu. She looked at me.

“We were just tired.” I shrugged.

“We fancied a rest.” HyeSu smiled.

"On the floor?” Baekho said sceptically.

"On the floor." I confirmed.

“It sounded like an earthquake happened in here.” Said JR, poking his head round the door. His eyes widened at the mess. “Wow did an earthquake happen in here?”

“Don’t be ridiculous.” I said. “Me and HyeSu were just taking the shower head off and then we slipped. That’s all.”

“Woah...” Baekho gasped, peering at the wall. “You guys have actually cracked the bathroom tiles.”

“You must have slipped pretty hard then.” Said JR, raising his eyebrow.

“Haven’t you got things to be painting.” I frowned, pushing him out of the bathroom.

“And haven’t you got things to be covering in tomato ketchup?” Said HyeSu, pushing Baekho out the door.

“You guys are slacking.” I said, wagging my finger as Hyesu shut the door.

“Put the hair dye in quick before we have any more accidents.” She said.

I twisted the top off the hair dye.

“What colour do you think it will make her hair?” I asked.

“Well we put all sorts in there didn’t we.” HyeSu said thoughtfully. “Green, blue, pink, grey...”

“Also that disgusting mustard yellow colour.” I wrinkled my nose.

“I’m hoping that it comes out like a really disgusting greeny colour.”

“Sometimes green hair looks nice.” I said. “At my old school, there was this boy called Seunghyun and he had green hair. It looked hot. He was hot.”

“Ooooo Minnie Minjae had a cruuuuuuush.” HyeSu teased.

I nudged her and shook my head. “He was like the most badass guy in our school. I’m not sure he ever knew I existed.”

“I’m sure he did.” Said HyeSu smiling. “I don’t know how you could ever think people wouldn’t notice someone like you.”

“Aw HyeSu.” I said, touched.

“I mean your heads so big and everything. And your mouth could talk for days.” She continued, smiling slyly.

“Oi!” I protested. “I thought you were being nice as well!”

“You know I’m joking silly!” She said, slinging an arm around my neck. “Now hurry up. I’ve got two black markers in my hand and I’m itching to use them.”

Carefully, I poured the hair dye into the shower pipe. Minhyun had mixed something in it, a special ingredient, which made the hair dye clear. That way, when Su-Ji the shower, she wouldn’t notice it wasn’t water coming out her shower.

“Minhyun really thought everything through.” I said

“I guess he’s been waiting for his chance to get revenge on this .” HyeSu shrugged.

I screwed on the shower head and then stood back. We looked around at the mess on the bathroom floor; there were hardly any products still on the shelves.

Should we clean it up, I thought. It hadn't really been part of our plan to mess up her bathroom too.

Together, as if having the same thought, we shook out heads and shrugged, leaving the bathroom.

Su-Ji’s bedroom had become almost unrecognisable. Blue plaint was on the floor in big splatters and ketchup dripped down the walls like blood. Hardly any fabric in the room didn’t have a large scissor cut right through it. Aron was drawing pictures on the window with toothpaste, his tongue poking out between his lips with concentration.

HyeSu went over to the door and drew a big swirl with her black marker.

“Su-Ji is going to flip a when she sees this.” I said looking around.

“Good. She deserves it.” JR said bluntly.

“I wish I could be here to see her reaction.” It made HyeSu smile just to think about it.

“I think she might explode.” Said Ren happily.

“Or throw one hell of a tantrum.”

Aron swirled toothpaste in her shoes.

“You don’t think we might be being a bit too...harsh?” I said, biting my lip.

“No!” Everyone said at once.

“Minnnie, she tried to get us expelled!” Said HyeSu, aghast.

“She’s forever getting into business that doesn’t concern her.” Ren said, outraged.

“We’re not being harsh enough.” JR snapped.

I looked down at my feet. I hated Su-Ji, a hell of a lot. But I felt a tiny bit uneasy.

“There are worse things we could have done.” Said JR softly, putting an arm around my shoulder.

“I could have chopped off her hair.” Said Ren innocently. He snipped the scissors fiercely and I laughed.

“Stop worrying so much silly.” Said HyeSu, shaking her head. “Anyone would think you were feeling sorry for her.”

“She’s probably ing about you and HyeSu to her friend’s right at that moment.” Said Baekho.

I nodded my head sheepishly.

“You’re right. She probably is.”

How wrong was I.

Bang Bang.

All of our heads turned towards the knocking at the door.

“She’s coming guys!” We heard Minhyun whisper furiously.

The paintbrush in JR’s hand dropped to the floor. We all stared at each other in complete horror.

.

“Go out the window!” Minhyun hissed urgently. “Quick!”

I looked at the window.

“We’ll never all fit through there!” I said.

“You and HyeSu try and leave.” Said JR firmly.

Me and HyeSu immediately shook our heads.

“We’re not leaving you all to get in deep .” Said HyeSu equally firmly.

“We stick together.” I agreed.

“JR’s right.” Said Ren. “You and HyeSu will fit through the window. You must leave quickly!”

“No!” I said. “It’s unfair for us to escape and you guys to stay here.”

“It’s either you attempt to go through the window.” Said JR lightly. “Or I throw you out.”

“The same goes for you HyeSu.” Said Baekho sternly.

“Just you try it.” She scoffed. “I’ll drag you with me.”

I folded my arms, looking at the boys stubbornly.

“It’s either we all go, or none of us go.”

“What the hell are you doing outside my door?” Said Su-Ji. We could hear her whiney high voice from in her room.

“I’ve been waiting to show you something!” Said Minhyun. “I can do really good transformer impressions.”

“What the ? I don’t have time for this. Move out the way.” Su-Ji dismissed him.

"No wait just look quickly." Minhyun begged.

JR, Aron, Baekho and Ren all pointed at the window, mouthing “Escape.” to us.

HyeSu and I shook her hands. I spread my hands in a circle to include us all.

“We have to all try and escape, or we all get caught together."

---------------------------

Sorry for any typos! I hope you enjoy it and please tell me what you think :) Take care! -Wave <3

Oh yeah, if there are any poster makers out there who fancy making a poster for this fanfic, I'd be ever so grateful :D