Scream

Deliria High: The Dance Partner

 

We pulled up in a deserted country lane. A few minutes later and the leader’s henchmen pulled up in a second black car. My eyes were permanently wide, wondering what they were going to do.

The leader got out of the car. He was quite short but muscular, with thick arms. He went around the side of the car and opened the door.

As soon as the door opened I shot out of the car, running as fast as my legs would carry me, shrieking like a siren.

Although who would actually hear me in this deserted country lane.

A strong arm s around my waist, bringing me to an abrupt halt.

“Why are you trying to run?” Said a silky voice in my ear. “We’ll always catch you.”

I twisted my head from side to side, stamping my feet in the hope that I would stomp on his foot. The man only chuckled and started walking backwards, dragging me along the floor like a ragdoll.

My tights ripped to shreds and my legs left a trail of blood along the pavement as they were scraped over the stones.

“Please please let me go.” I hated to beg but damn was I desperate.

We entered the forest. It immediately became dark as if someone had switched off the sun. Tall tress spread their leaves above our heads, blocking out any light. I began to whimper, my fear mounting as I couldn’t see any of my kidnappers faces.

On and on he dragged me. My legs and arms stung like hell and I was covered in mud from the forest floor. Low branches scratched at my face, leaving jagged cuts.

Eventually we came to a halt.

Immediately I tried to scramble to my feet but the leader swatted me down as if I were no more than a fly. Out of his pocket, he produced a long piece of rope. I started to scream again and again as the leader grabbed my hands and yanked them around a tree trunk, securing me to it.

“Ah I forgot to introduce myself, how terrible of me.” The leader said. “My name is Hyun.”

“Like I give a .” I snarled, glaring at him. Hyun’s eyes flashed with anger.
“My sister’s right.” He sneered. “You are a . Well then let’s teach you a lesson.”

Reaching down, he ran his fingers up the outside of my leg. I squirmed against the tree trunk. Reaching into my pocket, Hyun drew out my phone. He pressed some buttons.

“MINJAE?!”

JR’s voice came out from the phone.

 “No not Minjae, but she’s here if you want to speak to her.” Hyun said calmly.

“Where the have you taken her.” JR roared, his anger evident even from miles away.

“That’s for me to know and you to find out.” Hyun smiled. “I only rang you because I thought you might want to hear all the fun.”

“Fun? What are you talking about? I swear if you touch her...”

“You’re hardly in a position to be making threats are you dear JR.” Hyun smirked. Still with the call on, he lay the phone on the ground and then turned to me.

“Now my sister says you’re a .” He whispered to me. “Let’s see if she’s right.”

My heart stopped.

"No please, I'm begging you, I'll do anything." I shrieked, shaking uncontrollably as he advanced.

“It’s too late.” He said, grabbing a fistful of my top.

---------------------------

JR’s point of view:

 

Her scream went on and on, tearing through us all. I could barely hold the phone my hands were shaking so much. I'd never felt such pain. Images of what he could be doing to her raced through my mind. I clawed a hand through my hair, tears streaming down my face.

“STOP get off me!” Minjae shrieked.

“We have to do something!” HyeSu screamed, her cheeks wet. “Imagine what he’s doing to her! Oh my god. Minnie, my best friend.”

Aron’s face was pale and his eyes wide with shock. He pulled HyeSu into a hug, trying to comfort her.

“What are we going to do.” Baekho gasped. His eyes were red and desperate.

“We need to save her.” Minhyun said, on the verge of tears himself.

Ren stood as if frozen to the spot, his eyes glued to the phone in my hand, I could see him physically shaking.

“No no no no.” Minjae’s pitiful voice came out of the phone. “No more please.”

There was silence. And then she started screaming again.

Unable to handle it anymore, I pushed the phone into Baekho’s hands and turned away. I kicked the wall, drew back my fist and punched it until my knuckled bled. Sobbing, I leant against my hands. I’d never felt so useless. What was he doing to her? Did I even want to know?

Looking down, I saw a turquoise ribbon on the ground. Picking it up, I saw it was hers, the one she’d been wearing earlier. I closed my eyes and ran it through my fingers.

Please God let her be safe.

“MINJAE!” HyeSu cried into the phone.

“HyeSu help me.” Minjae begged, her voice hoarse. “I’m in a forest. Somewhere in the town. I’M IN A FOR-”

With a muffled scream, the phone went dead.

I pushed myself off the wall and immediately went for the phone. I tried to redial the number but it went straight to voicemail.

“Why why why ing why!” I shouted, having such an urge to throw the phone to the ground.

“Try ringing back.” Ren said quietly.

“It’s not working.” I snapped.

"Well try again!" Ren cried, wiping tears away angrily. He grabbed the ribbon off of me and clutched it to his chest. I saw him mumbling her name over and over, his blonde hair covering his face as he sobbed.

Turning to Minhyun, I said:

“What’s the closest forest to here?”

He instantly took out his phone.

“It’s about 4 miles from here.” He replied.

Taking a deep breath, and trying to calm myself down, I wiped my face and straightened my jacket.

“Come on.” I said determinedly. Minjae was counting on us. I would never let her down.

“Maybe someone should stay behind with HyeSu.” Baekho said, chewing his lip anxiously.

“Have you lost your mind.” HyeSu snapped. “I’m coming and that is the end of it. I want to be there to kick this bastard’s arse.”

I nodded, admiring the sharp determination on her face.

Don’t worry Minjae, we’re coming for you.