The Leader

Deliria High: The Dance Partner

 

JR sighed heavily.

“So freaking stubborn.” I saw him mutter as he went over to the window.

He pulled the catch up and the window open.

“You go first.” Ren said to me.

“Oh no no no.” I said, shaking my head. “You think I don’t know your plan? You go first.”

Ren sighed deeply.

“If you get caught I’ll never forgive myself.” He said.

“Well hopefully we won’t get caught.” I said, trying to sound convincing. “Go on! Quick.”

Ren heaved himself onto the window sill. Carefully, he managed to pry his body outside of the window. Luckily we were on the first floor so he was able to drop to the ground.

“Come on Minjae!” He said as soon as he was on his feet.

“You got first JR.” I said, pushing him to the window.

“No, you go Minjae, stop being stubborn.” He said, clicking his tongue impatiently.

“Move out of the way Minhyun!” Su-Ji’s voice was rising from outside in the corridor. “I don’t have time for this .”

“Have you seen transformers? I really like it; it’s one of my favourite movies.” Minhyun said happily.

“I couldn’t care less then I already do if you like it! Right now I don’t like you!”

“But why? Have you seen the movie? Didn’t you like it?” Minhyun’s voice was small and hurt.

“Are you really going to waste my time?!”

“I think you should go and watch the movie. You’ll like it. Then you’ll like my impression too. It’s really good. It makes everyone laugh.”

“He’s such a liar!” Baekho hissed as he squeezed out the window.

“Never mind that Baekho. Now you go HyeSu, quick!” I said, practically pushing her out the window.

“Waaa!” She squealed as she fell on to the grass. Aron helped her to her feet, pulling twigs out of her hair.

“If you don’t move by the time I count down from ten, I swear Minhyun.”

“Go go go go go!” JR said, flapping his hands urgently. “Quick.”

“Go first!” I said pointing out the window.

“No you go!”

“You’re both wasting time!” Everyone hissed.

“Come on Minjae.” Said Ren, his eyes full of worry.

“9!” Su-Ji began.

I looked JR hard in the face.

“You better come out after me JR.” I warned. “I’m being deadly serious.”

“I will!”

“8”

“Promise me!” I insisted, holding out my pinky. A pause, and then:

“I promise.” JR laced his pinky finger through mine, sealing the deal.

Clutching on to the window, I managed to manoeuvre myself out and on to the grass.

“Are you okay?” Ren said, helping me up.

“I’m fine.” I said, smiling at his concern.

“Come on JR.” Said Baekho, holding out his hand.

“Hurry up!” Aron hissed.

“5!”

“Come on JR, what are you waiting for!” I said desperately.

“Get your out the window!” HyeSu said to him.

I looked at JR.

He looked right at me.

He smiled sadly and looked down, avoiding my gaze.

“I’m sorry.” He said quietly.

And with one movement he shut the window.

Immediately I started pounding on the glass.

“What the hell are you doing?” I shouted. “Get out of there!”

Baekho slapped the glass.

“Stop messing around JR, get out of there! Stop being an idiot.”

“Go.” JR mouthed towards us.

I shook my head furiously.

“We all go together!” I cried. “Remember? You promised!”

He bit his lip shaking his head regretfully.

“He’s going to take the blame for us all.” Said Ren softly.

“No he’s not! That’s dumb!” Said HyeSu. “Why would he do that?”

“Because it’s JR.” Said Aron sadly. “He’s our leader.”

“We were all in this together!” I protested. I turned back to JR. “Please.” I begged. “Get out.”

JR touched his chest, at the place where his heart lay. He mumbled something quickly and then turned away.

“JR!” We shouted.

From outside, we saw the door to Su-Ji’s room burst open.

Even from outside, we heard the volume of her scream.

--------------------------------------

Sorry for any typos! I hope you enjoyed it. Thank you to daesungvip for the lovely poster, it was very kind of you to make it :)) Take care everyone! -Wave <3