One more Chance

From Letters To Love

I walked into my apartment, dripping wet as the sky had decided to open up and pour all of its content on me while I tried to go home without using the subway due to some problems in the subway system and the bus wasn’t an option.

I threw of my leather jacket and hung it on a chair and I pulled of my converse before walking to my bed and changing before laying down to sleep.

I woke up five hours later from a coughing fit I was having and I threw myself up from the bed and stumbled to the kitchen. I took a glass and filled it with water and drank it. I coughed a little more and sniffled a little. My eyesight was blurry and my eyes felt watery.

I walked over to the couch and took the blanket that was placed there and put it around myself before crashing down on the couch. I sighed and the TV. I closed my eyes to sleep more and fell in a deep slumber.

~

A couple of hours later I woke up again and I sat up in the couch. I went to the door and pulled on some shoes. I know that it’s Sunday, but I always check the mailbox. I left my apartment and went down to the mailbox and opened it to find one lonely letter there. I eyed the envelope and noticed that there wasn’t a stamp on it… someone must have delivered it by themselves.

I took the letter and went up again. I tore it open as I opened the door and stepped inside and took the letter. I looked at it and found the familiar curves of the letter and sighed.

Hi.
I went to Banpo bridge last night.
I was kind of disappointed when you didn’t come.
I really did want to meet you.
I’m going to China on Wednesday.
I would like to give it another shot…
Tuesday, at
Cheonggyecheo at 9pm?
I’ll be waiting
Love from Kris”

I sighed. One more time. But on Tuesday? Would I be healthy enough to go?

I shook my head and sat down on the couch and looked up in the ceiling. I should give it a shot! Or should I?

Girl… You already did this a couple of days ago, the pros are better than the cons!

~

Tuesday came and at 8.30 I was already when I was at the river waiting for him. I fiddled with the hem of my sweater. It was still quite warm outside since it was still august but I was still wearing an over-sized sweater and a pair of black leggings. I also had a black scarf around my neck and a pink mouth mask as I wasn’t still fully recovered.

I looked around myself and looked at a big statue that looked like a blue soft ice cream. I watched it for a while and then I looked around myself again. I took out my cell phone and checked the time.

8.50

I sighed once more and looked around the area where we had decided to meet. I opened my bag and took out a water bottle and removed my mask from my mouth and drank some. I coughed a little, trying to get the lump to loosen up. I then pulled up the mask once more and dug in my bag again.

I pulled out his recent letter, which I had received earlier today and I read it through once more. He had promised me that he would find me, and I didn’t think that would be very hard. He had seen me once before and then on countless pictures.
It was easy spotting a blond haired, 5.5 feet tall European girl in the crowd of black and brown haired Korean girls.

I put the letter again in my bag and took out my phone. I checked the time again.

8.58

He could be here already; he could be here any second now. I looked up and started scanning the area.

Suddenly I felt a tap on my shoulder. I stiffened and slowly turned my head around to look at the person and found a foreigner looking at me. I face palmed mentally as the man asked me to take a picture of him and his family. I nodded and took the camera in my hands and snapped a picture of the family.

The man thanked me and asked for directions which I tried to help him with.  They walked of and I sighed. I was just about to look at the clock again when I saw him walking down the street towards me. He stopped at the street light and looked over at the statue and then scanned the people there before his eyes landed on me.

I looked at him through my big black rimmed glasses and I felt my cheeks heat up.

Sure. Wu Fan was wearing a baseball cap on his head and shades, but I could have sworn to god at that second already that it was him. How he only stood there, but then when he smiled, I was sure. His smile is special. 

I continued looking at him and as the street lights turned red he started walking. All the time he came closer and finally he stopped a few feet away from me.

“What’s your favorite food?” he asked.

Our secret question to ensure it was the right person.

“Pulgogi…” I said quietly and a smile spread on his lips once again.

 ___________

Hi, so it's Saturday and that means... NEW CHAPTER! How do you like it?! :D

Well EXO-K seems to approve :D

Well, I'd be happy if you commented! And I can tell you guys, that I've already written the next 6 chapters so there will be more to come!

SEE YOU NEXT SATURDAY!!! ANNYEONG~