How It All Started

From Letters To Love

It all started when EXO was about to debute. I was just another fan girl and I unfortunately... lived on the other side of the globe. I would sit up late at night, searching for pictures of Him online. I would listen to their songs and watch fanvideos of him. I didn't care about the fact that I couldn't understand what he was talking about. I just wanted to hear his voice. That deep voice of his and I just wanted to hear him talk to me in person, but I knew that would never happen.

He didn't even know I existed, but still I decided to write him a letter. I thought about the content carefully and it took me a while before I sent it of to Korea. I wasn't even sure that it would reach him but I gave it a shot.

In the letter I praised him for being such a good leader and I told him how handsome he was and would continue to be as amzing as he was.

I included a picture of myself and a handmade bracelet. I didn't forget to include my adress if he would want to write back, which I doubted he wanted to.

Weeks passed but I continued to write him letters and search for the newest pictures and videos of him. I had almost lost hope when 2 months had passed and EXO had debuted, but then one day there was a letter for me in the mail, from Korea.

I almost didn't dare to open it. I just stared at it for a good hour before opening it with trembling hands. I took the letter and just stared at it. Then I started to read and every sentence got me even more excited.

He had read my letter and he had recieved my gifts. He also wrote that he sent me a present.

I looked inside the envelope and took out a polaroid picture of him, wearing the bracelet I made him, smiling and it was signed. He ended the letter with

"Thank you for supporting us and I hope to recieve more letters from you soon.

With Love, Kris." I think I partially out. And the surprises for that day din't end there, I had recieved an email from a univeristy in Seoul that had accepted me to come study there.

That night I went to bed with a huge grin on my face.

I continued writng to Kris, but I adressed him by his real name, Wu Fan, and I continued to get answers, they weren't long, but it lighted up my day either way. I asked him to tell me about everything that was happening and he gladly did. I was happy that he trusted me with his troubles and I tried my best to help him.

One day I was watching an interwieve with EXO-M and happened to look at his left wrist... He was wearing the bracelet I made him!

~

Two months and 20 letters later I told him I was moving to Korea. In the letter I got back he seemed happy and he wished me luck. I smiled as I read his letter once more while walking at the airport on my way to the plane.

I had written him a hurried letter where I gave him my new adress in Seoul.

~

I arrived in Seoul a day later and smiled tiredly as I walked out to the arrival hall in Incheon airport. I scanned the hall and found a lady holding a placard with the name of the school. I smiled and walked up to her.

"Hello, I am Karolina."

The lady searched through a list of names and smiled at me.

"Hello and welcome to South Korea. There are more stuents coming so we have to wait a while." she told me and I nodded and sat down on a chair a few feet away. A good three hours later we were about 20 students and the lady took us to a coach. I sat down beside the window and the lady started talking.

"Hello and welcome to Seoul. I am Kim Ji Eung. I will be your teacher and you can call me Mrs. Kim" she also told us about Seoul and I slowly drifted my gaze outside. The beautiful senery passed by.

The coach stopped in the central Seoul and a few stundents got of the bus, got the luggage and the bus left again. It drove 5 more minutes and then Mrs. Kim came up to me and told me that it was my stop. I stood up and followed her outside and got my luggage.

"Your apartment is over there. Number 47. And here are the keys." she said and handed me the keys. I bowed and thanked her before she entered the bus again and it drove of. I started walking toward my new apartment.

I found apartment number 47 and I punched in the code to the main door which I had recieved in the email.

I opened the door and dragged my suitcases inside. I looked around the first floor and saw the elevator doors closing.

"Hold the door!" I yelled and started running. A femine hand stopped it and the doors slid open again. I slid inside, panting.

"Thank you" I said and looked at the girl beside me. And to my surprise... it wasn't a girl.

"You're welcome" he said and smiled. He sure did look korean but he didn't have an accent when he spoke in english. I smiled and pressed the button with a nine on it.

"I'm Kevin" he said and held out his hand.

"I'm Karolina" I said and shook his hand.

"Are you new here?

"I just came to Korea five hours ago" I said while looking at him. I recognized him but couldn't put my finger on where I gad seen him.

"Are you in a band?" I asked and he smiled while nodding.

"Yes. I'm in U-Kiss" he said and I smiled. Now I knew, my friend was a huge fan, I had probably seen him in a video she showed me.

"Ah, my friend is a big fan of yours" he laughed a little as the elevator came to a stop.

"If you need help with anything, don't hesitate to ask" he said as I stepped out of the elevator and I nodded toward him. I turned toward the hall and walked down to my door and stuck the key inside the keyhole and turned it. The lock made a 'click' sound and the door opened.

I stepped inside, took of my shoes and dragged my suitcases inside the apartment. There was a couch, a small livingroom table and a conecting kitchen.

I walked over to a door and opened it. It was the bathroom which consisted of a bathtub and a toilet. I smiled and went out to the couch. I sat down on it and looked around.

Korean. I was finally here.

I the TV and started to unpack my bags.

When I finished unpacking I sat down on the couch and once more started to write a letter.