Good Bye, Again

From Letters To Love

After a few hours of resting on the floor the boys started scrambling up and faint groans were heard around the room. I felt my eyelids feeling heavy. Tao shifted on my tummy and I groaned a little. He let out a yawn and slowly opened his eyes and looked at me. Then he froze.

I started laughing as I saw Tao’s cheeks flush and he quickly scrambled up into a sitting position.

I-I’m sorry” he said quietly and I sat up.

It’s okay.” I said with a smile and ruffled his hair. He smiled and I looked over at Kris. He was smirking and I glanced at the clock. It was only five but I felt that I had to go home to Aiko and Peggy. I sighed and slowly stood up.

“I better get going. I don’t want to leave Aiko alone for the night.” I said and Wu Fan nodded.

Guys, Karolina is leaving now!” he yelled out into the dorm and the boys came out from where ever they were.

Chanyeol came running down the hallway and lifted me of the ground.

You better come again soon!” he said as he sat me down. I blushed a little and nodded. I pulled on my shoes and then I saw Wu Fan pulling on his jacket and a pair of glasses. I looked at him, clearly confused about what he was doing.

“I’m going to take you home silly” he said gave me one of those heart melting smiles. I nodded and he opened the door. I turned toward the dorm and waved. The 11 other boys waved at me and yelled out their goodbyes as we left the dorm.

We walked down the street in silence. He was rubbing his palms and I sighed. I started digging in my bag and pulled out a pair of mittens. I stepped in front of him and took his hands in mine. They were like ice and I squeezed them lightly. I put on the mittens and he smiled faintly.

“Thanks” he mumbled and I nodded. We continued walking and stopped outside the subway.

“Well, it was nice seeing you again. And thank you for the album.” I said and looked at him.

“Oh, you’re welcome” he said.

I started to dig in my bag again and pulled out a wrapped present.

“Happy early Birthday. I know your birthday isn’t until tomorrow but I wanted to give it to you now” I shyly said and handed him the present. I looked away and blushed. He chuckled a little and looked at it.

“Can I open it now?” he asked and I nodded. I stared down at my feet and I could hear the rustle of paper.

“Wow… Thanks” he said and I smiled. The present was a pair of mittens I had made myself and matching scarf and beanie.

“I don’t know if you’ll use it so much but I couldn’t think of anything better.” I mumbled and looked at him as he pulled on the black beanie over his blonde hair and put the scarf around his neck. He just put it around his neck and it fell down again. I sighed and fixed it for him.

He stayed still and looked down at me as I put the ends carefully inside of his jacket and then I patted his chest a little before meeting his gaze. We stood still like that for a few minutes and he had moved his face closer to mine.

“Uh… I should… get going” I said and looked away and stepped back a step. He cleared his throat a little and nodded.

“Uh, yeah. Text me when you get home” he said and I nodded.

“Thanks for the present” he said and smiled. I smiled back shyly as he passed me back my own mittens and pulled on his new ones.

“Well… Bye” I said and he nodded. We hugged awkwardly before I walked down to the subway, waving at him slightly.

I stood on the subway, thinking about what just happened.

Did he really lean forward? Or was it just my imagination.

Why did we look at each other for so long?

Why were we so awkward right now?

I sighed and stepped of the train and walked down the street. It was rather empty, a few teenagers on their way home from shopping. I walked inside my apartment building and into my apartment.

Kar-chan?” Aiko yelled out and I answered with a small Yes and Peggy came trotting to me. I ruffled her fur and kissed her head.

I took of my jacket and put down my bag and walked into the apartment and hugged Aiko.

Aiko Unnie… Do you know much about relationships and boys?” I asked and she looked at me.

Well, I’m not very experienced; I’ve had a few boyfriends… why?"

Well… you see… today, my friend who I said I would meet up with is a guy and… His birthday is tomorrow so I gave him his gift. And then we just… kind of like stared at each other and then I think he leaned toward me... " I said quietly and I looked at Aiko.

A smile crept up on her lips and her eyes shone.

What? Do you think he…?

I promise you he does…” she said and hugged me.

Our little Kar-chan’s got a admirer…” she sighed and I looked at her.

Is it true…?