Chapter 26: I'm sorry

Twin Hearts

A couple of days later, Youngmin saw Yoon Mi walking around the school premises so he approached her. "Hey, have you seen Kwangmin lately? He hasn't been home since he last went to your house," Youngmin said and one could see the complete worry plastered on his face. "I'm just wondering if you know where his location is," he added.

"K...Kwangmin-oppa? He... he is um..." Yoon Mi stuttered and gulped. 'I promised Minwoo never to tell anyone but how can I when it comes to Youngmin? He's the brother of Kwangmin; let alone his twin! He should know Kwangmin's condition right now...'

"Um...? Where is he?" Youngmin asked, snapping Yoon Mi out of her reverie.

"He... he's in the... hospital," Yoon Mi said quietly and looked at the ground. 'And he's dying in a few weeks time...' she added but she only said it in her mind.

"What!? Why? What happened?" Youngmin asked worriedly. Just then, Minwoo appeared and walked towards the two.

"He's just over-stressed is all," Minwoo said, giving a sharp look to Yoon Mi. 'Don't even dare tell him the truth,' he secretly mouthed to the younger girl. "I'll take you to the hospital he is at if you want to," he added, facing Youngmin.

"Alright, take me," Youngmin said and with that, they both drove to the hospital.

 

After a few minutes of driving they finally arrived at the hospital. Youngmin hurriedly ran inside and inquired for his brother's room number. After the nurse told him his brother's room number, he quickly ran to the said room. When he finally reached the room, with trembling hands, Youngmin twisted the door knob open. "Kwangmin-ah..." he called out and his eyes landed on his brother's figure; who now looks very vulnerable. "Why... why are you in this state?" he asked sadly.

"He's just stressed, I told you," Minwoo replied for Kwangmin who was still unconscious. 'I'm sorry for lying.'

"But why would he be stressed?" Youngmin asked, averting his gaze on Minwoo. "Why?"

"Let's just say it's because of his girlfriend," Minwoo answered and turned towards the door. "I got to go. If you need anything just call me." With that said, he walked outside and left to go back to school.

"Because of flunkie huh? She's actually the reason why I wanted to talk to you in the first place..." Youngmin said quietly. Then he sat down on the nearby chair and looked at his pale brother. He sighed as he reminisced all the memories of him and his brother; the memories in which Youngmin did all the sacrificing for the sake of his brother's happiness.

 

Some seven years ago the twins joined the same competition: English spelling quiz bee. Both were doing good at first because they knew all the spellings for the first few sets of words. Then the third round came and it was the hard part of the quiz bee already. Kwangmin was having difficulty and Youngmin could see that but he didn't mind his brother at first. For the last few minutes of the test, Youngmin could see his brother frowning. And he knew that there was only one thing that could make his brother smile again; it was making him win instead. Winning as a champion in a quiz bee has been Kwangmin's dream ever since. Of course Youngmin can't be that mean and selfish and just let his brother's dream not come true.

"Kwangmin-ah, we can do this alright? It's easy so just trust me. Don't worry, you're gonna win," Youngmin said outloud and smiled. Kwangmin looked at his brother in disbelief. Talking to an opponent was definitely a no-no.

"Mr. Jo Youngmin is out. You're disqualified for talking to a contestant. You know for well that you can't talk to anyone during the test," the facilitator said with a stern face. Youngmin nodded and stood up, passing his paper. "You could've been the winner but you just had to break a rule huh? Tsk tsk."

"Mianhae..." Youngmin said politely and bowed. Youngmin looked at his younger half and smiled at him. "Fighting~!" he said and gave Kwangmin a thumbs up.

'Gomawo,' Kwangmin mouthed to his older brother. Because of that incident, Kwangmin was able to win the quiz bee and he brought home the trophy with his name engraved on it.

 

"You were so happy then right?" Youngmin asked the sleeping Kwangmin. "Your dream came true," he added and smiled. "Even if I really wanted to win that but I just couldn't let my brother lose huh? I mean, that would be very selfish of me to do right?" he continued and sighed. "Haven't I sacrificed a lot for you Kwangmin-ah?"

 

Five years ago Youngmin was watching Kwangmin and Yoon Mi playing outside. He stared out the window and sighed. He looked at Yoon Mi adoringly. "She's so perfect. She's so pretty, cute, smart, and kind. The perfectly perfect to the infinity girl," Youngmin told himself as he smiled. "But I'm too young to even have a crush on her. Besides I bet she likes Kwangmin. They'd been friends since like forever," he added and frowned.

"Youngmin-ah what are you doing?" Kwangmin asked. Youngmin turned to look at his brother; surprised to see him magically inside the house. Then Youngmin realized that he'd been too engrossed looking at Yoon Mi to notice that they were done playing and he was no longer looking at Yoon Mi but at a void space. "Are you okay?" Kwangmin added and walked towards his brother, sitting with him on the couch. Youngmin slid down and looked at Kwangmin.

"I was just thinking about some stuff... it's very peaceful to look outside the window while thinking," Youngmin answered and chuckled. Kwangmin nodded and smiled.

"But Youngmin-ah... I think Yoon Mi likes you," Kwangmin said all of a sudden with a frown. "No, I don't only think she likes you. She really does."

"W...what? Yoon Mi-ssi likes me?" Youngmin asked in disbelief and tried to hide the tint pink on his cheeks. "Can't be."

"I thought so too! So hyung, if ever one day she confesses to you please reject her. You can't like her back alright? I like her," Kwangmin pleaded and gave his brother his irresistible puppy-dog eyes.

"Alright," Youngmin answered and faked a smile. 'I won't like her anymore if that would make you happy Kwangmin-ah...'

 

"And I did keep my promise didn't I? I gave her the cold shoulder and then bam! I saw _______ walking around our first day in college and I fell in love with her instantly. But what I couldn't believe in is that how you were able to capture her heart easily. She should've been mine but she became yours because I... sacrificed. Again," Youngmin said as tears started filling up his eyes. "Because of my desire to make you happy all the time I've sacrificed all that I could." Youngmin took one look at his brother again and then back to the ground. "I'm sorry," he said and stood up, not wanting to look at Kwangmin again or he might change his mind on saying what he was about to say. "I'm sorry Kwangmin-ah but I will not sacrifice anymore. I'll tell _______ my feelings. I'm sorry... I... this... I couldn't... I won't let go of her anymore. She's the only one I've got and I'm not willing to sacrifice a loved one again," he added and left. Little did he know that after he was out of the room, tears started rolling down Kwangmin's cheeks. He must've heard everything even though he was still unconscious.

-

KwangJeong Corner #1

Jeongmin: Omo! :O Things are so gonna get ugly.. :\

Kwangmin: Ya think? :>

Junssi: My Youngminnie-oppa is not here T^T he's the one taking a break right now... anyway sorry if it took me forever to update D:

Kwangmin: I wonder what'll happen next? Am I gonna die? Are you gonna accept Youngmin's feelings?

Junssi: Well, we'll all find that out on the next chapter XD now let's reply :DD

Kwangmin: I'm replying first :PP~~

@iloveyou06→ aw.. <|3 that broke my heart. Literally. :'( I don't know if I'll be able to live after hearing you say that...

Jeongmin: Such a drama king -.- ↑↑↑

Junssi: yeah =)))

@KarraArianna→ the story's getting sad by the chapter isn't it? XD hahaha hopefully we'll have a happy ending ^w^

Jeongmin: jinjja? KarraAriana. :) That's a very lovely name. What's your real name? :D

KwangSsi: Aw... :') KarraAriana-ah loves me the most. I'm so touched :')

Jeongmin: *out of place XD* *awkward :))*

Junssi: hahahaha anyway... break the awkward moment :))

@myloveforchangsub→ thank you so much ^w^♥ here's an update :D...finally XD

Jeongmin: *still awkward XD*

@kellen_1825→ nothing O.O I said nothing.. *nervous laugh* btw, wasn't I great too? :( why are you only praising Minwoo-ah :\

Junssi: Jeongmin-oppa is FOREVER OUT OF PLACE/AWKWARD :)) haha anywayyyy.. Kitty-unnie~! haha I know this chapter was super sad XD I mean..the previous chapter (and this too? XD) :P~

Kwangmin: yeah Kitty-ah... Junssi is making me weak :\ she's GONNA KILL ME!!~ :O

@helabsme→ thank youuuu ^^~

Jeongmin: so late.. tsk tsk.:)) just kidding. Jeongminnie oppa loves you helabsme-ah :DD♥

Junssi: o...kay.. AWKWARD. again :))

Jeongmin: Stop that -.-...

@Sarahjoyce→ dongsaeng!!! :D I missed talking to you XD *hi-5* I..I was kidding.. I think :)) mwo??? what caught? caught where? O.O you have... NO EVIDENCE. AT ALL :'( waaa ;A; why is dongsaengie mean to me? *sniff sniff* weren't I cool enough in Janus? :\ you have to admit I was! :DD

Junssi: Oppa mood swings a lot =)) haha. And you're right Sarahjoyce-ah XD he's a Barbie so he can't have a wife but a HUSBAND >:D hahaha he might kill me if he finds out about what I just said in this corner XD

Kwangmin: ACTION FIGURE =)))) I loved that XD I'm sure Youngmin would've loved that too Sarahjoyce XD

@MinNaMaknae→ I don't want to tell others :PP~~ bwahahahaha >:D besides I'm unconscious so how could I tell them XD ooohh you saw the teaser huh :> well I bet you've seen the music video too ;) weren't I more than perfect? ;)♥

Junssi: Oppa you're so creepy =))) mianhae MinNaMaknae-ah for his 'weirdness' XD kekeke~~^^ yeah I saw it too and I was like fangirling a lot when I did =)) I loved the MV too XD kyaaaa >////< *fangirling mode..again* oh..jinjja? :D well, don't worry because soon you'll be able to distinguish them ^w^ I was a little bit confused before too (when I first knew them XD funny part was that I didn't even know they were twins =)) it's kind of a long story of why though XD)

@Taolowan→ thank you thank you thank you ^^ well, stay in tune to find out what's gonna happen till the end ;) kekeke. hahaha jinjja? aw... I'm sorry XD I'm having a hard time too :)) please don't kill me if the ending (Chapter 40) wouldn't satisfy you :'( =))

@blue008→ I am? *blush* well um...thanks :D :')♥ hahaha I'm not that great but okay :D I bet you're a good writer too ^^ maybe you're even gonna be better than me :D tell me when you publish a fanfic here okay? ^w^ kekeke coz I wanna read =) I did! A LOT OF TIMES♥ daebak to infinity and beyondddd! =))) I know! :)) that feeling I had when I first watched the MV XD hahahaha please don't die =))

Jeongmin: Well that's all for now ^w^ Don't forget to comment + Subscribe to Story to show your support :)

Junssi: Also, please don't unsubscribe T^T I've lost two... :\ (and others before too... I wonder why. Is my story that bad? D:)

Kwangmin: Now she's being a drama queen.. -.- =)) sorry for any typos and/or grammatical errors made.

Jeongmin: See you all on the next chapter =)

Kwangmin: With Youngmin!~~ :D

KwangJeong: Ppyong!~♥